A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,164
Currently Running With Scissors:
432 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Disney Swap Round 10 (SIGNUPS 5/01/12-5/18/12; SENDOUTS 7/13/12)  (Read 29717 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2012 09:44:51 AM »

I will be absent from this afternoon (Thursday) until Monday evening or Tuesday morning.  If you desperately need something, please open a HelpDesk ticket and one of the other Swap Mods will help you out. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
amymarie78

« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2012 04:17:31 PM »

oh we leave in about a month for our first cruise.... been waiting two years... so glad to hear it was wonderful.  Got any tips i should know?

Congrats - you're going to have a blast!

Biggest tip I can think of is to not try to do it all - I spent day #4 sleeping because I tried.  Roll Eyes Which ship will you be on? How many days? Any kiddos? Are you action or relaxing types? I ask because there's just SO much that two people will have totally different cruises just based on their preferences.

However a few basics are to see the big shows (the Golden Mickeys remain my favorite), try new things (we did the tequila tasting as neither of us know much about tequila. Really fascinating and found a new favorite!), and let your hair down. It really was a fantastic, wonderful time. Smiley

There will be three of us... me, hubby, and ds 10 turns 11 on the cruise!  We'll be on the dream for 5 days with the double dip at CC.   We are sort of in the middle of action or relaxing... like some of both.  I'll remember to try and keep it calm unlike when we are on a disney world vacation and never stop..evah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arcadian green
I wants flies in on dragons!

I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request

« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2012 06:36:21 PM »

We went on our first Disney cruise last fall, and are going on another in the Mediterranean next summer! It was the best cruise I have every been on!  Disney does it right!

I want to go on a Disney Mediterranean cruise!  I can't wait until my son is old enough to take on a cruise.  Plus I would love to visit Italy again and a Disney cruise would be a great way to visit again but see different places!   Smiley
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012 07:30:55 AM by arcadian green - Reason: quote » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Painted Sparrow

The Beautiful Ugly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 31, 2012 07:08:14 PM »

Envy all you Disney cruisers! lol My husband & his mom have one of those Disney points programs (I can't remember the actual name) & I've been trying to convince him to do a cruise instead of Disneyworld for our belated honeymoon eventually. I would love to do a Mediterranean cruise, go to Italy again!

So excited, caught up on all of my projects, tomorrow will be full on finishing stalking & brainstorming! I am so excited! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teller of Stories, Creator of Worlds, One of the Imagining Ones.
MRDes on FB
GatorWrangler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: May 31, 2012 07:35:24 PM »

I have a Disney credit card and I'm using my points to pay for about 1/2 of my next Disney trip Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
wwrich
« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2012 08:05:34 PM »

My family and I will be on the 'Fantasy' the last week of June.  We'll be crusing the Caribbean.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Monster High dolls lately.

In the Chicago area?  Want to come to a great crafty weekend?  Check out http://www.musecon.org/
Cherrylime

I have sewn for the cows and they were pleased.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2012 08:16:20 PM »

There will be three of us... me, hubby, and ds 10 turns 11 on the cruise!  We'll be on the dream for 5 days with the double dip at CC.   We are sort of in the middle of action or relaxing... like some of both.  I'll remember to try and keep it calm unlike when we are on a disney world vacation and never stop..evah!

Double dip! The only problem is that you'll never be able to go on a single dip, you'll be too spoiled. Smiley Five days sounds perfect, enough to really get into it but still leave stuff to come back to for your next cruise. If you and your DH like fine dining, spring for a meal at Palo and let your DS hang with his friends at the kids' club. Personally I prefer staying on the ship on days when she's at the other islands and I'm not one for excursions (except in Alaska, for some reason) so on those days I tend to hit the ship activities and the Rainforest Room hard. I've had table mates who love excursions and had a fabulous time so it's whatever fits you best. Do hit your local Disney store before going - tees are FAR cheaper there, though not cruise-specific ($19.50 vs $29.50 for adults) and that minimizes the need to spend too much on souvenirs. At least in theory. Smiley For the next week flip flops and swim is on sale (disclosure - I do work at my local store, hence knowing sale stuff) if you need to stock up. Don't worry about towels - those are provided and take up too much valuable space in the luggage. DO go to the pirate party - so much fun! And fireworks!

If your DS is hooked on the kids' club, totally hit the clubs with your DH. Lots of fun to be had there, especially when there's organized stuff. Those are the big ones. Mostly it's about going, doing that balance of letting the magic happen vs. planning that you've got down from visiting WDW, and having a blast! If you have any specifics, I'd love to take a shot at answering them. I've never been on the Dream or Fantasy but more general questions I should be able to handle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Home Depot is my happy place.
My Pinterest
Currently obsessed with cables and quilts
Bobomom
« Reply #127 on: June 01, 2012 02:10:05 PM »

We've only been on the Magic, and that's what we will be sailing to the Mediteranean next year on.  We had great servers and hope we get them again!
We've never been to Europe, and are hoping to fly there a week early, go to Disneyland Paris (yay!), then explore Spain a few days before setting sail!

On crafty news, I completed another item last night and will be working on a few more this weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewmess

Even Mini crafts!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 02, 2012 01:43:33 PM »

Made a trip to the store, still working on the prototype, got more ideas from viewing the pintrest and I really should be working on a completely different swap.

Disney is more fun.

I've been on one cruise, in conjunction with a Disney trip but before Disney had it's own fleet. (now I'm dating myself Cheesy) I don't anticipate going on another as the DH is dead set against "being stuck on a boat" I've explained that the boat is huge and you don't feel in the least bit trapped but still nothing doing.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Reclaiming my Crafting heritage one stitch at a time.
Elameno
« Reply #129 on: June 02, 2012 02:46:50 PM »

Slow week for crafting since I had a friend visiting from out of town! She's gone home as of today, though, so I guess it's time to get back on track. Smiley

I have never been on a Disney cruise, but I have been to all five parks! And have plans to go to Shanghai once it opens. Tongue But I really want to do a cruise! I'm applying for a second program working in the Canada Pavilion, so if I get it I'll be sure to take advantage and go on a cruise this time around. Wink Gotta use those Cast Member discounts, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty on the Street: Hair Part
Bohemian Hair
Inside Beauty: Timo Weiland Hair Test
How to Trim Your Hair at Home
Quick Hair Trim
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...