All you sewists, this swap is for YOU! This GALLERY is for you too!!!
Let’s have fun crafting some sewing accessories for each other! Pincushions, needlebooks, scissors fobs, thread catchers, sewing caddies—we all love them, and we all want MORE! We will keep it small and easy: two points-worth of goodies is all you have to make—that’s two smalls (two hours or less to make each one) or one medium (around three hours to make one).
Here are some examples of things you could make, but you are not limited to this list:
sewing machine cover
thread catcher free sewing accessories patternsweighted pincushion organizersewing caddy and thread catcher patternsDetails of swap:
--You will craft 2 points-worth ofsewing accessories, keeping your partner’s preferences in mind.
--You will have three full weeks to craft and send, from May 7th to May29th.
-- Please post in this thread (or the gallery thread) at least once a week so we know you are still crafting with us.
*PLEASE READ THIS!*
- No one like to be flaked on, so if you aren't sure if you can do this swap, don't sign up.
- You must get delivery confirmation if sending within the U.S., or a mailing receipt if sending elsewhere.
- If you must send late, let the organizers and your partner know ASAP.
- Good communication is very important. Please stay in touch by posting weekly in the swap thread.
- Please post photos of the package you receive in the gallery, and take pictures of what you make before you send it.
- HAVE FUN!
Limited to a certain number of people? Yes, 40
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
Additional age requirement? NoCraftster members who are organizing this swap: Leslieshappyheart and susanab
Sign-up date range: April 30-May 7, 2012
Date to send item by: May 29, 2012Swap Co-organizers themselves meet these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: Yes
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: Yes
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: Yes
- Is at least 18 years old: Yes
Swap Co-organizers will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: Yes
- Has posted at least 15 times: Yes
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: Yes
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yes
- Does not have any negative feedback: Yes
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: Yes
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: Yes
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: Yes
If you have any questions about this or anything else, please ask your co-organizers .If you want to participate, send the questionnaire below to both "susanab", and "Leslieshappyheart"QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Sewing Accessories Swap
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country in correct shipping format:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval (YES/NO)
1. Do you have any allergies that are strong enough to prevent you from being partnered with certain people?
2. Do you have any other allergies or things to avoid (such as nickel or animal products)?
3. Do you have any allergens (pets, smoke) in your house?
4. Are there any sewing accessories that you would especially love to receive?
5. Are there any sewing accessories you do not wish to receive?
6. What are you favorite colors/color combinations?
7. Least favorite colors/combinations?
8. What sort of fabric patterns/designs do you especially like?
9. Are there any fabric patterns/designs that you DO NOT like?
10. Please list a few themes and/or styles that you like (such as robots, nature, kawaii; or vintage, modern, shabby):
11. Please mention any themes/styles you DO NOT like:
12. Please give a link to your Wists, Pinterest, Etsy Favorites, etc (if you don't have one, please start one today!):
13. Please add a few more details about yourself and your tastes to help your partner get an idea of who you are. The more information you give, the better she can craft for you:
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR QUESTIONNAIRE TO BOTH “susanab”, AND “Leslieshappyheart” VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE; DO NOT POST IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swapPARTICIPANTS:
--Welcome first-time swapper!!
--Welcome first-time swapper!!
23. adrienne_bowersPARTNERS!!susanab's group:
susanab <--> HippieNation
Craftsunderground <--> fiddlegirl8
silentblair <--> EllaRain
camezzo <--> Sharalee
thehappycrochetchic <--> Mod35tBabe
trisarose <--> mandys_mommaLeslieshappyheart's group:
texscrapper <--> Leslieshappyheart
Leslieshappyheart <--> adrienne_bowers
banana731 <--> DoveVazo
louw <--> RachelStitches
wendiek <--> CraftyMamaBee
thisbirdsabsurd <--> MissingWillow