A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
732 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kindle cover  (Read 1728 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GottaJibboo
« on: April 29, 2012 08:21:14 PM »

I wanted a protective cover for my new Kindle, but I wanted it to feel like a real book. I found a pattern I liked at a local quilt shop. http://www.amazon.com/Atkinson-Reader-Kindle-Sewing-Pattern/dp/B0051WBQDC I knew I would have to alter it a little because I have a Kindle Touch and there are not as many buttons on the bottom front. The pattern was really easy to follow and it went together quickly.

The main fabric is light blue with brightly colored flowers. The flowers have brown centers, so I used brown as the contrasting color in the binding. The pink tassel is the lining fabric.

The pattern called for either an elastic band or Velcro as the closure. I figured that either of these options may wear out. I altered this to use a magnetic closure. (I checked and the magnet will not damage the Kindle)

The lining is a calico pink with flowers. There are pockets on the left - the upper one fits the M-Edge light.

I had to alter the pattern so that the pocket on the bottom to be shorter in height. I really like that there is access for the charger and the power button. The top was supposed to be secured with elastic, but again, I was worried that elastic may wear out and get nasty. I had extra pocket fabric left over, so I used that to create two pockets on the top. I know my binding looks bad. I'm just too lazy to do binding by hand.

The cover splayed open.

I'm pretty happy with this! It's really well padded and I feel like it will be protected in my bag.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012 09:36:27 PM »

Very well planned, and super adorable too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tearE
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013 10:52:38 PM »

Oh, it's so pretty! I feel like this should have gotten more attention when you posted it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

>>>>>>>>Swap some fabric with me! <<<<<<<<

Happiness comes from the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. (fortune cookie)
Chieffee
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013 12:56:41 PM »

Looks brilliant, better quality than one of the mass produced ones, and far more individual. It's good to know the magnet doesn't damage the devices too, this is something we hadn't even considered (worryingly).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cerebral Atrophy
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013 04:54:18 PM »

Oh wow, looks amazing!!  Cheesy I love the design! The fabric choice is fantab...i love it all!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am willing to do personal swappage!! Smiley

Currently Swapping in:
Superhero Swap- Plotting!
Mini top hat swap- Plotting!
Ren fest swap- Waiting for partners!
BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurimi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013 06:25:47 AM »

what a beautiful home for your kindle. I don't do binding by hand either. Smiley I love the coordinating fabrics and the  pockets on the inside. I love pockets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a break from swapping through the summer.  If you'd like to follow my craft journey until my return, please visit any or all of the sites below. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/EmalieAlexander
https://www.facebook.com/EmalieAlexander
Twitter: @EmalieAlexander
mesewredd
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013 05:15:45 AM »

I LOVE it! And it's just what I need! My kindle is neglected-I got it Christmas before last and have yet to make a case for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Outside The Box: Spicy Turducken
Check Out The Healthiest Hotel Food
Weight Watchers Swap and Drop on Turkey Day
Holiday Home Cooking With Paula Deen
Turkey Sloppy Joe Recipe with a Twist
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...