A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 306,353
Currently Running With Scissors:
376 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Plarn Laundry Basket  (Read 9961 times)
Tags for this thread: laundry_basket , plarn  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ToadallyDee

"Ugly Toad Girl"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012 06:02:24 PM »

WOW! Thanks everyone for all the lovely comments! My husband made a joke about me being a crazy lady weaving baskets! Guess now I'm justified in my madness! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

47 different personalities and a craft for each one! Wink
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012 12:02:35 AM »

Practical and pretty! Great solution for laundry, and nice colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Trekky
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012 04:48:31 AM »

That is brilliant.  I love that it can also be thrown in the washing machine too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012 07:09:06 AM »

I love this idea, and you made it look so stylish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oyhana
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012 07:01:10 PM »

Awesome idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest     

Personal swap friendly!  Especially ATCs!
madame marigold
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012 03:16:27 PM »

Did you spin the plarn before you started crocheting it? Or started right in? Your bag is AWESOME! Would make good X-Mas prezzies i think!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ToadallyDee

"Ugly Toad Girl"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012 11:17:09 PM »

Sorry I'm just getting back to you madame marigold. I'm afraid I'm slightly confused on your question. When you say "spin" are you asking if I rolled it into a ball first? The answer to that would be yes. Although it can get a little tough on the hands after a bit, I do roll it into a ball because it's easier to work with (and if not it would be quite a sizable pile of plarn to have to deal with).

If that doesn't answer your question, please ask again with more explanation (I can be a little daft sometimes and especially with my 2:00 a.m. brain right now!), and I will be more than happy to answer again when I've had some sleep! LOL

Thanks a bundle for the C&C! I hadn't even thought about them as X-mas presents, my mom and sis would probably LOVE them!

Have a great one!
Dee  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

madame marigold
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012 07:09:33 AM »

Grin actually I'm glad you did'nt get what I meant! That woulda meant so much more work! giggles....I have 2 black trash bags of ...well bags! to cut up and roll up....

but what I meant I did see wow, dont remember where? Some take and drop spindle? (prob not right wording) but basicly they "Spin" it like they would wool and make it more like they do skiens of yarn you buy in store.....supposedly lt is a lot stronger etc, etc but the thought of after cutting then rolling up a couple of years of saved bags then to spin and re-roll etc? It hurts just thinking of it!    Shocked Grin

I actually love the thought of bags and all sorts of stuff made this way but I can see my in-laws and DD's eyes when they get "plarn bags" for their prezzies!  Wink Kiss (snickers)

I cant wait to get a copy of your bag going! Where did you find that beautiful brown at by chance? I can get yellow and of course the reg. wally world bags but not seen browns one yet!
(Will make hubby go to diff stores if need be!)   Wink

Hope to have something to show sooner rather than later!  Kim
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ToadallyDee

"Ugly Toad Girl"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2012 09:00:07 AM »

Hi again Kim! I've had some sleep now so I can at least think a little better today! Honestly, I have never seen where they spin the bags like that, but it would be a TON more work than I would even consider! It already seems to take forever to make the plarn anyway (I'm impatient that way) and yeah, my hands are whining just thinking about it! I just throw it together in the chains, wind into a ball and go!

It's funny that you mention the brown bags because I was actually thinking that it would be really nice to get my hands on some other colors. I only infrequently get anything other than white or the brown. I actually get mine at the grocery store, both of my local ones (Marsh & Kroger) use the brown. It does work out kinda nice since it looks somewhat like wicker or reed baskets, but I'd love to make my daughter one for her dorm room next year out of some brighter colors! Guess I'll have to find someplace new to shop too! LOL

If you have any other questions or anything, I'm happy to help where I can, though I'm certainly no expert! I can't wait to see yours when it's done! Please be sure to post a pic! And may the force (of the hands) be with you!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karindanielle
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2012 01:11:15 PM »

What a excellent idea! I want one too, but I tried to crochet with plarn and find it very hard to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Quick Fix If You Forget to Thaw Your Thanksgiving Turkey
The Best Bacon Comes From the Best Pigs
How to Throw a Holiday Party
How to Turn Your Thanksgiving Leftovers Into a Quesadilla
The Correct Way to Baste Your Turkey on Thanksgiving
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...