A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
521 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hand-Carved Stamp Swap--Round 4 (Signups 5/1 to 5/31; SEND OUT 6/30)  (Read 16741 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Vecrutzi
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012 06:12:52 PM »

So I may have gotten excited, gone to my nearest craft store, bought supplies and made a stamp once I got home. Yeah... So here's my test stamp! As I haven't done any lino-cutting since high school. Tongue

Can you feel the encouragement for everyone else to join? Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012 06:36:39 AM »

Ooo.  Loving the celtic knot stamp!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Artmomto5

Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2012 07:31:53 PM »

Hi, I just wanted to make a request. I have swapped with IdlersDesign before so I wanted to see if you would put me in a different group if possible. Not a problem if you can't do that, I just wanted to be swap with people that I haven't swapped with before. Thanks for the consideration.
Artmomto5
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2012 10:38:31 PM »

Hi, I just wanted to make a request. I have swapped with IdlersDesign before so I wanted to see if you would put me in a different group if possible. Not a problem if you can't do that, I just wanted to be swap with people that I haven't swapped with before. Thanks for the consideration.
Artmomto5

It's always fun to have new partners.  I've made a note in my files.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jexxican

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2012 07:17:14 AM »

In all of my 45-50 swaps, I don't think I've ever had the same partner twice. That is, of course, of including the pinterest swaps where I choose my own partners. So... of the 50 total swaps (5 of which are in progress, wow! never been full on swaps before), 47 have not been the ongoing type and I've had 47 different partners. Just a thought for you, ArtMom. Also a thought: damn, I've done a lot of swaps. I think at one point I was going to stop for a while but I don't think I ever went through with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
RougeRaven
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2012 07:56:03 AM »

Yay! I can't wait to start carving stamps for my partners  Grin I haven't done a swap in a long time and now I am in two ^^ I missed it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
IdlersDesign

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012 12:14:31 AM »

Artmomto5

It's always fun to have new partners.  I've made a note in my files.  Smiley

In the last few swaps I was accidently partnered with the same partner a few times, but actually that was kind of fun and we got to know each other better. It was a bit like the make-a-friend-swap ;-) So, for me it really doesn't matter in what group I am.

I just came back from a short holiday and I've been practicing my carving skills, can't wait for partners!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
mycutezombies
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012 07:07:45 PM »

I've always wanted to try stamp carving so I'm really excited that this swap has given me an excuse. I bought some supplies to get started as I figured I should get some practice in before the swap. I'm hooked!!!  Shocked I absolutely love stamp carving. Here are my first 2 stamps. These are not my drawings, but now that I have some practice, I'll be carving my own designs.

I'm using speedy carve as that's the only thing I found at Michaels...  I can't wait for partners!!  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jexxican

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012 07:58:51 PM »

Oh, wow, MyCuteZombies! Those stamps are great. You're probably better than I am and I've been doing it for 2 years now. Isn't C-ster great? I have been introduced to so many new crafts through this site. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has dived head first into a stamp swap without ever having done it before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
mycutezombies
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012 08:31:16 PM »

Thanks Jexx! I don't know why I haven't tried it before. I have short lived spurts where I'm obsessed with a certain craft. Next month it'll be something else.

I'll probably have 50 stamps laying around the house before the end of the month.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Should Plus-Sized Women Embrace The Bikini?
Full-Figured Fashion Week: Plus-Sized Women Call For Body Image Movement
Miley Cyrus, One Direction, Justin Bieber Rock Onsies Trend
Style Sound-Off: Taylor Swift, Rihanna and Demi Lovato
5 Summer to Fall Fashion Trends
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...