A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 62 **Discussion Thread**  (Read 6722 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LeapFeetFirst
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2012 05:42:45 PM »

ohhh, a farmhouse- that sounds like it would have a ton of space to craft in Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2012 07:32:01 PM »

attic rooms with slatny ceilings and good place for a reading nook/window seat. It has a finished basement too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts spring Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too!
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2012 09:31:56 PM »

I want to live there. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2012 10:41:36 PM »

I am so ready to be out of my teensy apartment! I need rooms to craft things for!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftaddiction
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2012 05:20:49 PM »

I've opened my shop, though I may not be open for long.
I've added a reversible hat, a scarf, fingerless mitts, and 3 sets of coasters.

I have some points and I am still looking for simple drawings. Anyone?

My parents are coming up in July (and their dogs too). I'm excited as this is this first time my mom has come here in about 4 or 5 years. Her birthday is the day she leaves. Any ideas on what I should make her (or "buy" for her here  Wink )? She is so hard to buy for as she says she never needs anything. Maybe I should throw a mini party? Any ideas? I am so bad at this stuff.  
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012 02:43:07 PM by craftaddiction » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
LaughingLark
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2012 11:41:16 PM »

Hi everyone. I'm here, in the new house.  Grin Still have an unfathomable amount of unpacking to do, and need to figure out window treatments, etc, etc. This house needs some girly touches-- it was inhabited by bachelors for many years. And parts of it are extremely dirty.  Basically, it was cleaned up regularly, but the stove was never wiped down. It's a black stove, so you don't see the grime at first, but the stove top has a thick, greasy buildup that is really hard to remove. It's one of the worst stove tops I've ever seen, and we have owned rentals for years. Every room has a working ceiling fan, and we need them this time of year, but they are furred with thick dust. It takes years and years to get that much dust on something. I will need to wear a face mask and lay a tarp under each fan to catch the falling dust bunnies. Never seen anything like it, and I myself am a slob.  Cheesy

Sorry about the funky house, LxM. Hope you get the farmhouse. We also had been inches away from buying a super nice house before we found this one, and our deal also fell through. This one has less space, but is right near hubby's new job, and the neighborhood is both quiet and friendly. There are also plenty of birds. I will enjoy all the singing when I spin outdoors. We love this house, and the cats approve, too.

Time to get back to bed. I hope to be back next round, depending on how it goes with the unpacking. I have to downsize a lot more, I think. I'm overwhelmed by how much stuff we have, and the former owner left lots of things behind in storage areas. There are at least seven dead computer towers, and I keep finding more. Have to find out how to dispose of them. I can Freecycle out some of the stuff here, but not the dead computers. I will be making regular trips to the Idea Store to donate from my largess of craft supplies, and also to shop, of course!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2012 08:05:21 AM »

Good luck unpacking, LL!

I need to plant seedlings today....I stopped by this morning to drop off mulch and there was an adorable little 1" toad hanging out in the garden. Maybe I should make some toad houses...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2012 11:02:52 AM »

LL, my husband lived in a house that was a foreclosure and it was SO gross. 2" of grease on the tops of all the cupboards, BB gun holes in all the walls, basement coated in animal and human waste, smoke lines all up the walls and a grow-op in one of the basement walls. His friend who bought the house gutted it and all the guys helped fix it back up but then they are pretty dirty and nasty themselves so it was kind of perpetually nasty  Cheesy
Our farmhouse got snatched up, so we are still looking *sigh*

EDIT: took a break from online house hunting to try and clean up my grandpa's WWII footlocker and steamer case!!!!!

The newspaper was inside the steamer trunk and I am guessing it's just as old as the trunks themselves, which means they are muuuuusssty. The footlocker has a tray that sets into it that is still in perfect condition (classic for my grandpa. He was meticulous) . I hope I can get the smells out of the paper. The steamer has vertical compartments and has paper under the lid with a diagram all in german.
I am hoping they benefit from the sunshine and baking soda treatment. Any other suggestions?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012 02:34:36 PM by loudxmouse » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2012 02:08:04 PM »

Back on the internet!  Finally!  We had WildBlue installed today.  Is anyone else using this satellite provider?

Having a garage sale this weekend.  I hope people come and buy our crap.   So much crap got moved out here -- even the stuff I told them to leave behind.  grrrrr!   BUT, I am really enjoying being back out in the sticks.  Went kayaking Monday night -- it was a blast!

I have knitted 1 and a half pairs of socks since moving -- the result of no tv and no internet for 10 days!  I hope to someday have my craft room organized again and maybe make something soon!

I will post a pic of our new place one of these days!

Cool trunk, lxm!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012 02:09:13 PM by A2K » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayrun
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2012 03:33:32 PM »

Back on the internet!  Finally!  We had WildBlue installed today.  Is anyone else using this satellite provider?

Having a garage sale this weekend.  I hope people come and buy our crap.   So much crap got moved out here -- even the stuff I told them to leave behind.  grrrrr!   BUT, I am really enjoying being back out in the sticks.  Went kayaking Monday night -- it was a blast!

I have knitted 1 and a half pairs of socks since moving -- the result of no tv and no internet for 10 days!  I hope to someday have my craft room organized again and maybe make something soon!

I will post a pic of our new place one of these days!

Cool trunk, lxm!

glad you are back to our little virtual world   Grin
your place sounds neat,
and WOW on the sock knitting!  Makes me think I need to do an internet
fast if it would mean I could accomplish that much knitting!
Do you have a picture to share?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nikon D3x - Unboxing
How to Shoot an Inexperienced Model
What is a Lifestyle Shoot
lighting technique - Dean Collins
Headshot Lighting Techniques
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...