A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
716 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Lovers Scavenger Hunt GALLERY  (Read 10705 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

missmelmarie
I just want to make it all!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2012 05:05:48 PM »

I was pouring over this gallery's goodness, and I've got to say I was freaked out by the unpaper towels, I have JUST finished the same exact ones for my kitchen, same material, patterns, our sets are identical haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.pinterest.com/missmelmarie03

I would gladly participate in personal swaps
bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2012 05:56:36 PM »

I was pouring over this gallery's goodness, and I've got to say I was freaked out by the unpaper towels, I have JUST finished the same exact ones for my kitchen, same material, patterns, our sets are identical haha

Oh my gosh! That is crazy! Well, I must say, I love you unpaper towels! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlehajerika
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2012 07:26:37 AM »

Just in case you all didn't see it, I know it was on a bunch of blogs, Target is going to be carrying a few Charley Harper kids craft kits (paint by numbers) starting tomorrow! I am planning on trying my best to get my grubby little hands on a few.

And that is pretty wierd about the unpaper towels ESP... missmelmarie.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012 07:27:38 AM by littlehajerika » THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlehajerika
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2012 08:20:14 AM »

And now for my wonderful package from my swap partner Sabrina/bsonlytoots!

All pretty before I opened them!

Something local: She sent me peanuts from the Tampa Bay Rays, pretty dangerous since I am from Baltimore!

Something green: She sent 4 lovely green fat quarters, my favorite is the neighborhood print on top!

Something vintage: Very cute, vintage McCall's pattern print fabric

Something tiny (under 2"): She sent these adorable bow bookmarks straight from my pinterest! and Something sharp: a travel sewing kit with lots of sharps inside. I already put this to good use hemming my boyfriends new suit pants for the wedding we are going to tonight!

Something round: The MOST EXCITING thing in the world! Two bags of old buttons!!! These are still making me smile!

Sender's choice: A cute picture frame, made with help from one of her daughters and a lovely Robert Kauffman apple print!

Extras! She sent all the extras she'd accumulated along the way! More fabric and some very cute paper ephemera!

Thanks Sabrina! You really spoiled me with the fabric on this one!

And Thanks rlynn for organizing! I had alot of fun with this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

endymion
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2012 08:35:23 AM »

Awww ... I have been wanting that McCall's print fabric for months! And what an amazing haul of buttons
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scarlet_nights

You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2012 11:37:08 AM »

great packages! I bought that Mccalls fabric last time I was at JoAnns. No idea what im gong to do with it but I had to have it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2012 03:13:55 PM »

Glad you liked it all Erika!! As far as the "Rays peanuts", it's the only local thing I could think of besides "Florida Oranges" LOL. I did NOT pick them because I like the Rays!  Shocked Shhh!! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetyetevil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2012 03:52:58 PM »

Not sure what happened to my partner but here is what I sent her that I did remember to take pics of.
something sharp

I made some clay topped stick pins
Here is a close up.

Something round

A mason jar pin cushion with several spools of thread
Something vintage

A card hold made out of vintage fabric. I left the original blanket stitch on it since it looked so cool!
Something tiny

a decorated tape measure and I sent along some sewing charms too.
Something green

I made two mugs rugs. the other one looks something like this but I did not take a pic.
Something local was a box of treats made by Car's Nuts which is in the area and my geocaching path tag as I know Mrs Shak also geocaches.
My choice was a yard of fabric consisting of likes from her pinterest.
I also sent some patterns as extras.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012 03:56:40 PM by sweetyetevil » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TwistMySister
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2012 09:29:23 PM »

i am loving all those buttons and fabrics you got littlehajerika!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/On-The-Front-Line/175858075802771

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OnTheFrontLine
waterbaby

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2012 01:12:33 AM »

I am still reeling from the absolutely spectacular package that arrived from danynn.  She based almost everything on what are probably my top two themes, space and the ocean, displaying excellent taste, a sense of whimsy, careful craftsmanship, and considerable thoughtfulness throughout.  And I have to tell you that my swap anxiety level is now extremely high and Im feeling a little depressed as I can't imagine she'll be anywhere near as thrilled with what I sent as I am with what I have received!

Here are the packages, each with a handwritten note categorizing its contents.

The first one I unwrapped was the Round, which initially opened to the back side and I thought, Oo, cool, a purple outer space print hoop, but then I turned it over and laughed out loud with delight to see:

I was wondering how danynn knew I would like this particular style of robot, and then realized shes either clairvoyant...or a diligent swap partner stalker, because this is a hooped version of crochet pattern from my wist!  (Mind reader or stalker, she's brilliant at it, because a few other items have a similar familiarity, with danynns own special spin on them.)

For Sharp, a cool retro rocket pincushion covered with constellations of pins:

For Tiny, a sweet little sand dollar rubber stamp, accompanied by a container of flocking power:

For Vintage, some beautiful fabric that came from the consignment area of her local fabric store; as a fan of art deco design elements Im especially drawn to the blue and purple (upper left), but they are all lovely:

For Local there was a yummy sampling of Canadian treats: maple sugar maple leaves, a wonderful wee bottle of maple syrup, and moose droppings (aka chocolate covered almonds):

Senders Choice is a beach apron...quilt style!  Blue waves along the bottom lap onto a sandy beach where towels and umbrellas are laid out awaiting the return of their owners.  Oh, and by the way: the towels AND the umbrellas are pockets!

The apron is fully lined with the same leaf print fabric as the ties, which are shirred and elasticized near where they attach to the apron:

And for Green, this lovely, intricate turtle mini quilt:

Even the back is perfection:

Thank you so, so much, danynn, for this amazing assortment of gifts, and for your generosity and consideration qualities I always try to live, but I am both humbled and inspired by your example here.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012 01:20:30 AM by waterbaby » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Dish Cloth Part 5/9
How to Crochet a Dish Cloth Part 9/9
How to Crochet a Dish Cloth Part 4/9
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 9/9
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 8/9
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...