A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,910
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hand-Carved Stamp Swap--Round 4 GALLERY!  (Read 18707 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2012 04:05:54 PM »

Yay! This was a complicated and lengthy swap, and it's a real achievement to have it wrapped up without problems. Thanks again for organizing it for us all!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2012 05:13:21 PM »

Yay! This was a complicated and lengthy swap, and it's a real achievement to have it wrapped up without problems. Thanks again for organizing it for us all!

Wulf

Hopefully we'll be able to do it again sometime soon.  I, for one, am completely out of carving material: 9 partners can do that!  lol  But it'd be great to have another go at this swap sooner than the 2 year break between the last two rounds!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IdlersDesign

« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2012 09:11:24 AM »

But it'd be great to have another go at this swap sooner than the 2 year break between the last two rounds!

Agree!

Oh and I have a practical question now all pretty stamps have arrived; how do you guys store your stamps? I have them in one (tin) box but when the weather gets a bit warmer they sometimes stick together and they can get damaged  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
kmichele_craftyfae

the faery of creative chaos

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2012 07:26:30 PM »

But it'd be great to have another go at this swap sooner than the 2 year break between the last two rounds!

Agree!

Oh and I have a practical question now all pretty stamps have arrived; how do you guys store your stamps? I have them in one (tin) box but when the weather gets a bit warmer they sometimes stick together and they can get damaged  Undecided

I store mine in a stack of plastic drawers with my store bought stamps and inks. I'll probably have to rethink it as I add to my collection. But it works so far. Have you tried stacking them with a layer of waxed paper or parchment paper in between? It might help to keep them from sticking to each other and the tin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheeshakaye
« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2012 07:58:26 PM »

A very belated thank you to chibilightangel for the great stamps I got last week! I wasn't able to get it posted before I left for vacation last week, but here they are, a lovely celtic knot, and saloon doors to go with all my other wonderful cowgirl inspired stamps... Did you guys conspire on this?  Cheesy There was also a very nicely scented soap in the package which my mother has already stolen, she loves it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2012 08:03:50 PM »

Agree!

I store mine in a stack of plastic drawers with my store bought stamps and inks. I'll probably have to rethink it as I add to my collection. But it works so far. Have you tried stacking them with a layer of waxed paper or parchment paper in between? It might help to keep them from sticking to each other and the tin.

I store mine the same way. My bin is full now, though!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
IdlersDesign

« Reply #146 on: July 26, 2012 01:11:34 AM »

Agree!

I store mine the same way. My bin is full now, though!  Roll Eyes

Thanks. I tried paper in between the layers, but after this swap I have too many stamps to fit in the tin. I'll try to find something with drawers. I love all my new stamps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #147 on: July 26, 2012 06:05:55 AM »

We have a cigar-shop locally that sells 10 by 10 by 1 1/2 inch wooden cigar boxes for $2 each.  (Actually, that's the price of all their cigar boxes!)  I store my stamps in there, because I don't access them often.  The short height of the box is very nice, and they don't seem to stick to anything in there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Living Holiday Decor
How to Create Rock Star Holiday Centerpiece Decor
How to Make a Teddy Bear Out of Old Clothes
How to Make a Star of David Decoration
How to Make a Christmas Tree Ornament
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...