A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,477
Currently Running With Scissors:
659 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: This for That Swap Gallery  (Read 5506 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sirael
Keeper of the Keys

Degeneration

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012 04:21:07 PM »

Okay, since peachessunshine is out of town, she asked me to post pictures for her.  So, this is what I sent her!  She said that she would love something embroidered, stenciled, and quilted, and I aim to please!

The first two items were based around a last-minute side note she said to me, that she really liked sea creatures and anchors.  I ran with it!

I embroidered this happy squid for her out of shades of maroon and orange.  I imagine that he would be very huggy, and wouldn't understand that squid-sucker hugs would be less than pleasant for the human half of the hug.  He just loves everyone so much!  His suckers are made out of french knots, which I learned how to do just for him.

I then stenciled this anchor onto a blue shirt.  The stencil wraps around the side of the shirt, with the rope coming around the left side.  It's kind of hard to tell in the picture, but there's a little bit of silver mixed into the white, so the rope is slightly pearlescent-ish.

Last, since she wanted something quilted and full quilts take more time than I had (also, sending a quilt would use all 5 of my points, which would be sad) and she also said she drank a lot of coffee, I went with a quilted mug rug!  I pulled four of her favorite colors and made a diagonal stripey pattern.  Three buttons sewn on the end made a little accent, with some contrast white stitching.

I'm so glad you liked everything, peachessunshine!  It was so fun to craft them for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shannin
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2012 09:03:12 PM »

I'm waiting (Impatiently... haha) for my package to arrive. Come on German post office!!

IS IT THERE YET???  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog | Etsy | Pintrest | Wishlist
PM me for personal swaps. Smiley
AlphaBrett

Crochet 'til my fingers fall off

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2012 04:45:55 AM »

I love that hoop! Great job! That's an awesome package
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittens tangle your yarn, men tangle your wits, and it's simple as breathing for both. -Lini (WoT)

Personal Swap Friendly

Blogger Goodness www.thealphabrett.blogspot.com
New! Kitchen blog www.alphabrett.blogspot.com
peachessunshine

I love swaps/personal swaps (I knit/crochet).

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2012 12:50:17 PM »

Thanks for posting pics for me sirael! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Long days and pleasant nights. Smiley

(Always up for a swap, organized or personal).
beccas_song
is the craziest song you've ever heard!

Stew anyone?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012 07:37:18 PM »

Received a lovely package from ragstostitches today! Will post pics tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well-behaved women rarely make history. -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
ragstostitches
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2012 01:31:50 PM »

I'm waiting (Impatiently... haha) for my package to arrive. Come on German post office!!

I haven't anything yet. I literally rush to the mailbox every day after work, but to no avail. Was there a tracking number by chance?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps! Especially for ATCs and items off of my wist & pinterest: 

http://wists.com/mc534384
http://pinterest.com/michelleweger/
Shannin
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012 03:14:47 PM »

I haven't anything yet. I literally rush to the mailbox every day after work, but to no avail. Was there a tracking number by chance?

Hmmmph. I've sent to Germany before, it took 2-3 weeks. It's first class so there was only a customs number (I sent you via PM), I don't know if Germany post allows you to track it, but sometimes Canadian post does so maybe. From the US, the customs # just shows that it was sent and when it left the country.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ragstostitches
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2012 01:45:03 PM »

Hmmmph. I've sent to Germany before, it took 2-3 weeks. It's first class so there was only a customs number (I sent you via PM), I don't know if Germany post allows you to track it, but sometimes Canadian post does so maybe. From the US, the customs # just shows that it was sent and when it left the country.

There is a Wegner in my building, so I will go harass her/him/them to see if they got it by chance. My German is close to nil, so it may make for a good story...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps! Especially for ATCs and items off of my wist & pinterest: 

http://wists.com/mc534384
http://pinterest.com/michelleweger/
Shannin
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2012 03:43:34 PM »

There is a Wegner in my building, so I will go harass her/him/them to see if they got it by chance. My German is close to nil, so it may make for a good story...

It'll be a month next week so if you don't get it by then I'll get started on an "angel" package lol. Would you be willing to chip in for Priority mail? It has tracking and only takes 6-10 days. T~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beccas_song
is the craziest song you've ever heard!

Stew anyone?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2012 04:40:51 PM »

I received my package a few days ago! So sorry I couldn't get pics up as soon as I hoped. Packing to move is kicking my butt. Smiley

I am the proud owner of a fabulous new purse! I love it! It is fully lined and has a zipper pocket inside and an attached lanyard (that says I love Canada and had a Canada bear attached!). Isn't it nice? Thank you so much ragstostitches!

She also sent a pretty pair of glass bead earrings and a quilled letter B! Sadly, the B got pretty mangled in the mail, but I still love it! Again, thanks so much for everything! You were a great partner!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well-behaved women rarely make history. -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Quickie: The Lazy Girl Way To Master Nail Art
How to Pair a Smoky Eye With a Bold Lip
How to Do Lower-Lid Liner
Get the Perfect Flush for Medium Complexions
Learn How to Apply Ombre Eye Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...