A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,141
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: This for That Swap Gallery  (Read 9215 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sirael
Keeper of the Keys

Degeneration

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 26, 2012 06:27:04 PM »

Here's the gallery for the This for That Swap.  You can find the original thread here:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=406106

PARTNERS:

Sirael --> Peachessunshine
RECEIVED - Peachessunshine
RECEIVED - Sirael

Zigg13pra --> Eiseldora
RECEIVED - Zigg13pra
RECEIVED - Eiseldora

Warpedhooker --> Legatostroke
RECEIVED - Warpedhooker
RECEIVED - Legatostroke

Javede --> Queenofmarigold
RECEIVED - Queenofmarigold
RECEIVED - Javede

World.of.Hoard-craft --> Alphabrett
RECEIVED - Alphabrett
RECEIVED - World.of.Hoard-craft

SimplyShereena --> Cloud_berry
RECEIVED - SimplyShereena
RECEIVED - Cloud_berry

Shannin --> Ragstostitches
RECEIVED - Beccas_song
RECEIVED - Shannin
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012 06:24:15 AM by Phizzychick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlphaBrett

Crochet 'til my fingers fall off

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012 05:07:06 AM »

I was so excited to send I didn't take pictures Sad I shoulda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittens tangle your yarn, men tangle your wits, and it's simple as breathing for both. -Lini (WoT)

Personal Swap Friendly

Blogger Goodness www.thealphabrett.blogspot.com
New! Kitchen blog www.alphabrett.blogspot.com
legatostroke
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012 09:26:49 AM »

I received from warpedhooker this weekend and I'm so excited--no way I could do either of these things and they are both wonderful!!

She sent a great bolero/shrug that fits perfectly. This must've taken quite a while! Maybe a action shot later (I've got a terrible cold and am not about to take a picture of myself right now  Smiley ).

Annd a close up of the 3 constellation hoops! I should have taken a picture of the backs as well because she finished them beautifully. Annd the brightest star in the Orion hoop is a tiny gem! The others are the Big and Little Dippers and Virgo!

Thanks again, warpedhooker! I love both!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peachessunshine

I love swaps/personal swaps (I knit/crochet).

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012 12:13:56 PM »

I love the color of the shrug, and the hoops are so cool! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Long days and pleasant nights. Smiley

(Always up for a swap, organized or personal).
warpedhooker
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012 03:22:33 PM »

And here is what I received from legatostroke.  Two beautiful water colors of my chickens, a Buckeye and a Black tailed white Japanese Bantam rooster.  I so can't paint.  

this for that swap 3 by jenjscott, on Flickr

This for that swap 1 by jenjscott, on Flickr

And a beautifully crafted glass ceramic mosaic rooster.  

this for that swap 2 by jenjscott, on Flickr

A bead-filled chain that can be a necklace or bracelet.

This for that swap 4 by jenjscott, on Flickr

And last and least (in size anyway)  is a little beaded chicky.  He's so cute!!!!!

Thiis for that swap 5 by jenjscott, on Flickr
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012 03:30:50 PM by warpedhooker » THIS ROCKS   Logged
warpedhooker
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012 03:39:09 PM »

legatostroke, hope you don't mind I will post a couple of pics I had a friend model for me.

shrug by jenjscott, on Flickr
shrug2 by jenjscott, on Flickr
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlphaBrett

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012 04:11:58 PM »

Everything is so rad. I would love paintings of my chickens! Those hoops are killer, I would love a set for my wall. Great packages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittens tangle your yarn, men tangle your wits, and it's simple as breathing for both. -Lini (WoT)

Personal Swap Friendly

beccas_song
is the craziest song you've ever heard!

Stew anyone?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012 10:24:31 PM »

Wow, I love everything so far! Especially like chain beaded bracelet. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well-behaved women rarely make history. -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
queenofmarigold
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012 11:59:55 PM »

Gotta say I love those hoops, they look stunning. And those watercolours are excellent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zigg13pra

You underestimate my power

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012 04:39:01 PM »

O.o, neat stuff so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

queenofmarigold
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012 02:39:43 AM »

I received from Javede today - what a treat!

First out of the box was this lovely hoop -

It looks like it's the constellation Draco, the dragon. Isn't it beautiful? Apparently the stars glow, too, although I'll have to charge them up and find out!

Then there was this sweet little bag -

- and this bigger, messenger bag -

Aren't they lovely? Javede said the leaf print reminded her of the umbrella scene in Totoro, and I totally get that. They're both so awesome, I think I'm going to use this for a project bag so I can use it every day Wink

Thank you so much Javede, everything is great! I look forward to you receiving from me, I'm ready to pack up and post! (Maybe even in the box you just sent me, since it's so convenient... hehe)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlphaBrett

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012 06:56:42 AM »

Soooooo pretty, awesome packages.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly

warpedhooker
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012 08:02:09 AM »

Nice bags!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javede
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012 08:07:36 AM »

Yay, I am glad you like your package! I really forgot to write down that it is indeed the Draco constellation, didn't I? I guess I was too excited to have it all ready to ship so early  Roll Eyes
The little bag is a copy of one I made for myself some time ago. I use mine for my smaller crochet or knitting projects as it fits a ball of yarn and not much more. The green fabric was "left-over" from a skirt I sewed, I should learn not to buy too much fabric as I really do not need over 2 meters for a simple A-line skirt  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
Shannin
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012 08:24:45 PM »

This is long overdue, I got caught up with finals and such. Here's my amazing package from beccas_song! She got her inspiration straight from my Pinterest boards. Smiley

- panda sleep mask! I got one in another swap but the more, the better. Smiley These really help me sleep since the neighbors across the street keep their side light on and it goes straight through my window and into my face when I lie on my bed. So annoying!
- delicious smelling handmade soap
- AWESOME circuit board wallet
- SUPER CUTE panda camera bag, full of lace (LOVE!), and the spare fabric
- earrings and matching pins. These are SO cool. I have pierced ears and normally don't wear earrings but I HAVE to wear these.

A lovely damask (my favorite print!) clutch/purse:

She also baked me delicious peanut butter chocolate goodies! They're in the fridge right now (the weather is melting HOT right now) so I'll try to get a picture later.

Thank you for everything! Smiley
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012 08:26:05 PM by Shannin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog | Etsy | Pintrest | Wishlist
PM me for personal swaps. Smiley
AlphaBrett

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012 12:41:23 PM »

Everyone prepare to be super jelly. I received today, and I was totally spoiled!

Family of aliens (me in my fuzzy hat, my boyfriend with the awesome beard, and my puppy)

A super detailed bird house, the cruddy picture doesn't show how detailed it is. There is even a teeny tiny button at the end. It's on my wall already!

So there is a crazy awesome owl on a giant paperclip, 2 breath taking bookmarks (I honestly think they'll hang on the wall, they are too pretty to hide inside a book!) a beautiful memopad with sticky notes inside (even the scalloped edges have some sort of dye to them to give it incredible depth).Crazy awesome garden stakes. A beautiful tin that says Brett's Stuff and inside a billion gorgeous tags for me to use in my boutique (I hate making them and I have never made any this beautiful before). A beautiful star that matches my bird house.
A beautifully made greeting card (she left blank for reusing)  And also 2 metro maps that will make great atc fodder.

I cannot thank world of hoardcraft enough. This has been an amazing swap. I hope I hope I am not missing anything. There was so much and I am too excited to play with it!

Edit- I know what I forgot a set of adorable charms that are garden themed! My partner rules.

Side note: panda sleep mask is the shizz good job beccassong
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012 07:59:11 PM by AlphaBrett - Reason: Brain fuzz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly

sirael
Keeper of the Keys

Degeneration

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012 10:31:05 PM »

Wow, guys!  These are fantastic crafts!  (Some swap anxiety here, you guys made such awesome packages.)  I love the zombie pin, the panda ear mask, the zodiac hoops, purselets, and that sweet chainmaille!  Cheesy  Hope we'll have more receivers soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sirael
Keeper of the Keys

Degeneration

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012 03:47:29 PM »

I just received today, and I'm so excited!  Prepare to be jealous, guys.

The box was stuffed so full, and when I opened it up, this came out first - this awesome fractal throw!

It's all in these spacey turquoise shades, and lined in this super adorable throwback polka dot fabric.  It's currently on my lap keeping me toasty!

I also got this spectacular shawl, which is pretty much my new favorite thing ever.  I'm already figuring out what shirts would be best to wear with it (but it's so awesome I could wear a barrel with it.)

It reminds me of a stained glass window - like she punched out the glass panes and made a shawl with all the leading!  I love it.

I am super in awe of your yarn skills, peachessunshine!  As far as I know, these were made by MAGIC.  Sheer MAGIC.  Thank you so much!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ragstostitches
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2012 01:41:35 AM »

Beautiful guys! There is a lot of talent around here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps! Especially for ATCs and items off of my wist & pinterest: 

http://wists.com/mc534384
http://pinterest.com/michelleweger/
cloud_berry
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2012 08:01:19 PM »

I received from simplyshereena!! It's been at my house for a few days but I just graduated today and will upload asap. Also, simplyshereena, your package will go out Monday! sorry for the delay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zigg13pra

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012 02:22:36 PM »

Here are my awesome goodies from my partner!

Sooo many things.  Most all fit my blythe (you can see the jayne hat fits great!) and a couple will fit my American Girl doll when I get her. Cheesy  There's even an orange/black/white scarf for me.  I know I live in Texas, but I have a thing for scarves!

Thanks awesome partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2012 03:32:18 PM »

I hope everything fits. I was nervous about the sizes since I didn't have a doll to test them on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlphaBrett

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012 04:53:04 PM »

You did an amazing job Eiseldora!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly

Eiseldora
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012 11:19:16 PM »

I received

HG Shirt

2 very cool stamps -HG logo and an S for my name

Also two glasses with the S logo

And two vinyls or stickers. Not quite sure. According to my husband its something you hold between your thumb and first finger (based on picture on back)

Thank you. This has been a fun swap

THIS ROCKS   Logged
zigg13pra

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012 12:24:28 AM »

Tee hee, they are vinal stickers.  That shirt looks great on you and I'm SOO glad the glasses got there safe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beccas_song

Stew anyone?

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012 08:21:47 PM »

Still waiting on my package to get here from ragstostitches. Hope it makes its way soon! I'm moving out of state in a few weeks!

Love the mockingjay shirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javede
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2012 07:20:26 AM »

I got my fabulous package from queenofmarigold today! I really cannot belive how much work it must have been:

This is a crocheted version of Rincwind the not-very-talented Wizard from the Discworld novels! He is probably the biggest crocheted doll in my collection now, it really must have been taken you a very very very long time to make. Thanks so much for finishing him though, he will get a special place in the bookcase(if he fits  Cool) next to the Pratchett books. Oh, and the glitter on his hat sais "WIZARD" of course!

Next are these two drawings, which I do like but doubt the bf will be ok with hanging. But since I hope we will move within the next year, I am certain that at some time in the future these will be hanging in my room.

And lastely there were many notecards with Totoros on them! I love the Totoro movie and I might just frame one of them.

Thanks so much for this great swap queenofmarigold   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
simplyshereena
♏The Confused One♏

What?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2012 02:06:09 PM »

I received from simplyshereena!! It's been at my house for a few days but I just graduated today and will upload asap. Also, simplyshereena, your package will go out Monday! sorry for the delay!

I'm glad you received it! I can't to get mine in the mail (congratulations on graduating)! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY WEBSITE
☯Loves ATCs!
PLEASE "LIKE" MY FACEBOOK PAGE!
☯Partaking Swaps:
●ONGOING ATC SWAP : JANUARY
ragstostitches
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2012 02:48:38 PM »

I'm waiting (Impatiently... haha) for my package to arrive. Come on German post office!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peachessunshine

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012 08:14:29 AM »

Everyone is SO TALENTED!

I received amazing things from sirael: an anchor shirt, a squid hoop, and a quilted mug rug.I had to leave town unexpectedly so, if you can't post pics, I will do ASAP. So jealous of the stenciling/sewing talent! Definitely my favorite swap! Thanks!

Sirael, I'm so glad you liked the throw and the shawl. Grin
I was hoping that you'd like them. *blush*
The shawl is called a pineapple shawl and the throw is Curve of Pursuit. It's based off of a mathematical concept that if four dogs were in constant pursuit of each other those shapes/angles in the throw would be what you'd get. It's said better online, if you look it up. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sirael
Keeper of the Keys

Degeneration

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2012 04:21:07 PM »

Okay, since peachessunshine is out of town, she asked me to post pictures for her.  So, this is what I sent her!  She said that she would love something embroidered, stenciled, and quilted, and I aim to please!

The first two items were based around a last-minute side note she said to me, that she really liked sea creatures and anchors.  I ran with it!

I embroidered this happy squid for her out of shades of maroon and orange.  I imagine that he would be very huggy, and wouldn't understand that squid-sucker hugs would be less than pleasant for the human half of the hug.  He just loves everyone so much!  His suckers are made out of french knots, which I learned how to do just for him.

I then stenciled this anchor onto a blue shirt.  The stencil wraps around the side of the shirt, with the rope coming around the left side.  It's kind of hard to tell in the picture, but there's a little bit of silver mixed into the white, so the rope is slightly pearlescent-ish.

Last, since she wanted something quilted and full quilts take more time than I had (also, sending a quilt would use all 5 of my points, which would be sad) and she also said she drank a lot of coffee, I went with a quilted mug rug!  I pulled four of her favorite colors and made a diagonal stripey pattern.  Three buttons sewn on the end made a little accent, with some contrast white stitching.

I'm so glad you liked everything, peachessunshine!  It was so fun to craft them for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shannin
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2012 09:03:12 PM »

I'm waiting (Impatiently... haha) for my package to arrive. Come on German post office!!

IS IT THERE YET???  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlphaBrett

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2012 04:45:55 AM »

I love that hoop! Great job! That's an awesome package
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly

peachessunshine

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2012 12:50:17 PM »

Thanks for posting pics for me sirael! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beccas_song

Stew anyone?

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012 07:37:18 PM »

Received a lovely package from ragstostitches today! Will post pics tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ragstostitches
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2012 01:31:50 PM »

I haven't anything yet. I literally rush to the mailbox every day after work, but to no avail. Was there a tracking number by chance?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shannin
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012 03:14:47 PM »

I haven't anything yet. I literally rush to the mailbox every day after work, but to no avail. Was there a tracking number by chance?

Hmmmph. I've sent to Germany before, it took 2-3 weeks. It's first class so there was only a customs number (I sent you via PM), I don't know if Germany post allows you to track it, but sometimes Canadian post does so maybe. From the US, the customs # just shows that it was sent and when it left the country.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ragstostitches
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2012 01:45:03 PM »

Hmmmph. I've sent to Germany before, it took 2-3 weeks. It's first class so there was only a customs number (I sent you via PM), I don't know if Germany post allows you to track it, but sometimes Canadian post does so maybe. From the US, the customs # just shows that it was sent and when it left the country.

There is a Wegner in my building, so I will go harass her/him/them to see if they got it by chance. My German is close to nil, so it may make for a good story...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shannin
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2012 03:43:34 PM »

There is a Wegner in my building, so I will go harass her/him/them to see if they got it by chance. My German is close to nil, so it may make for a good story...

It'll be a month next week so if you don't get it by then I'll get started on an "angel" package lol. Would you be willing to chip in for Priority mail? It has tracking and only takes 6-10 days. T~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beccas_song

Stew anyone?

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2012 04:40:51 PM »

I received my package a few days ago! So sorry I couldn't get pics up as soon as I hoped. Packing to move is kicking my butt. Smiley

I am the proud owner of a fabulous new purse! I love it! It is fully lined and has a zipper pocket inside and an attached lanyard (that says I love Canada and had a Canada bear attached!). Isn't it nice? Thank you so much ragstostitches!

She also sent a pretty pair of glass bead earrings and a quilled letter B! Sadly, the B got pretty mangled in the mail, but I still love it! Again, thanks so much for everything! You were a great partner!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

warpedhooker
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2012 05:00:07 PM »

I received my package a few days ago! So sorry I couldn't get pics up as soon as I hoped. Packing to move is kicking my butt. Smiley

I can sympathize with you there, I don't think I eill ever finish moving!

Jen
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cloud_berry
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2012 01:31:38 PM »

So I've been a bit of a bad swap partner for this swap, but FINALLY I have pictures of the package simplyshereena sent me!!! It's the most exquisite package!

First, a small mug-rug, reversible, with an extra crocheted tie to tie it up and take it with me! As you can see, I love it and it's been in use since I got it! I have water all the time and it leaves condensation rings all over my dresser so this is WONDERFUL!

Second, a lovely what she called "doodle" which is more like, um, hello, ART! This is attached to sit above my dry erase board in my room.

AND FINALLY I LOVE THIS VERY VERY MUCH......

A glorious hoop!!! My first one! It has 7 different birds embroidered on it and it's extra great because those are all birds found around my house so I can identify them!!

And close-ups of some:

Thanks again simplyshereena!!

And just for you, a little preview of what's in your package!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ragstostitches
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2012 09:37:16 AM »

I'm glad that you liked it Becca! So sad that the B's butt got kicked so badly in the mail...

I'm still waiting for my package, but I will stay hopeful Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cloud_berry
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2012 08:04:55 PM »

According to the DC#, simplyshereena received, so I thought I'd post pics of what I sent her:

Everything in one shot--

This is inspired by her pinterest, melted crayon garden art:

A Screenprinted owl hoop with small flower embroidered (I copied a shirt design I found online):

Also included in the package were two bars of soap. One handmade (orange/vanilla scent) and the other purchased from Australia.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shannin
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2012 02:21:48 AM »

Apparently my package got lost in the mail. Sad I'm working on a resend package, but maybe you'll get lucky and it will turn up! Here's what I sent, along with crochet booties and lacy fabrics for your sewing:

Blurry pictures since I didn't have my camera at the time and had to settle with my old old old 2mp camera phone.

I have yarn to remake these... should I? The surprise is ruined but I'm sure you would have loved these. I have one item done (different from these) for the new package and am now thinking about what to do next...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Holiday Hair How-to: A Sleek and Sexy Ponytail
Holiday Hair How-to: A Curly Ponytail
Stylist Reveals Best Holiday Hairstyles
How to Do Givenchy Knotted Plaits
How to Get Party Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Belted Chair Seat
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Skirt
Who? Who Loves Owls?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...