A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
358 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stuff my husband found in the woods!!  (Read 776 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

peanutbutterkelly88
« on: April 26, 2012 06:05:03 AM »

So one day my hubby brought home two turtle shells that he had found. I kept thinking " what in the world am I going to do with these?!" I feel like I should be able to definitely use them for something, but maybe ya'll can give me a little inspiration. Please? Also, he brought home a piece of wood chewed up by a beaver (or at least that's what he said). But I'd really like to do something cool with the two turtle shells. Thank you guys!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GlindaBunny
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012 09:24:31 PM »

How big are they?  I'm imagining a little bag/purse lined with fabric on the inside.

Or how about a night light?  I've seen night lights in the shape of a turtle with holes in the back for specks of light to shine on the ceiling and look like stars.  A night light from a real turtle shell would be cool.  Smiley

My husband next to me just suggested gumbo bowls.  Um... he's from Louisiana... and I'm not sure whether or not he's kidding...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peanutbutterkelly88
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012 11:20:52 AM »

Haha, the gumbo idea is hilarious. I think i will make purses out of them! That shouldn't be too hard! They are about the size of a cantelope. That should make a decent sized bag.
Thanks for replying!! :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012 02:34:55 AM »

My husband next to me just suggested gumbo bowls.  Um... he's from Louisiana... and I'm not sure whether or not he's kidding...

He's probably not... Tongue  I remember as a kid ( I am aging myself, but this was late 70's) I had relatives who would talk about "gopher (turtle) stew" and "turtle soup", and I remember also that one older relative used to talk about eating right out of the shells. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
An Interview with Comic Book Artist Larry Hama
How to Create an Oil Painting of a Tree
How to Mix Colours to Form Green Paint
How to Pick Calligrphy Tools
How to Apply Calligraphy Tools
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...