A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,053
Currently Running With Scissors:
788 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Panda Pinafore  (Read 816 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SinDoll
Adam West

Wednesday grew up

View Profile WWW
« on: April 26, 2012 04:18:07 AM »

I have been AWOL for about a hundred years, but now I'm back *again* with another baby on the way! This time it's a girl!

I'll gradually post all the things I've been making for her, but I'll start with something I made last night - a Panda dress!

I used the Crossover Pinafore pattern available for free over at Smashed Peas & Carrots. It was just a matter of printing and taping the pattern, then sorting out how I wanted to make it into a Panda! The tops of the front of the pinafore are the ears, then I appliqud on eyes and a nose {I want to use heart-shaped white buttons to put in the eyes? What do you think?}. I slashed the pattern in half to make it half black and half white, I really didn't like the idea of an entire dress made in white {I've had a son remember!}

The pattern size is 6 - 12 months, which is good because most of the stuff I've been making for her has been teensy tiny and  won't fit her for long.

I used snaps to attach the straps, but I must have gone a bit mental with attaching them. I do remember it being quite late when I did them. The snap on the left shoulder keeps coming undone, no matter how many times I try and bend little things in the snap to try and make it, you know, SNAP. I guess I'm going to have to try to put new snaps on but... I have no clue how I'm going to remove the existing ones without wrecking the dress. I could always stitch velcro over the top... lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012 06:51:53 AM »

How cute! I'm sure your daughter will make an adorable Panda. Good luck on getting the snaps figured out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Padester
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012 01:33:24 PM »

That is sooooo adorable!!  I don't know that I would do the buttons, though - choking hazards and all that jazz.  Perhaps I am overcautious in that regard, but I think an applique of heart-shaped fabric would look just as cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Midnight Sun
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

The northern lights have seen queer sights.....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012 07:35:47 AM »

oh Cuteness!!!  That is just adorable, you did a great job  Grin  I think you are going to have to make her one of these for when she's bigger and walking, it's just too cute Cheesy

Eyeballs can be done with cutouts from fun felt (just the regular dollar store felt) and use a zigzag stitch or blanket stitch on your machine (or by hand to attach.  For extra stability use heat n bond, iron the eye (or whatever) on, then do the stitches around the edges.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"OH MY GOD! Pot Smoking!? You know what that leads to?! MUNCHIES! And you know what THAT means: TRANS-FAT. God knows, you don't want your kids getting into THAT."

-- Pauline
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Rotoscoping - Motion 3
Comparison Between Color Corrector and Color Corrector 3-Way
How to Use Aperture 2.0
How to Make Custom Effects - LiveType
Comparison Between Maya Vs. Houdini 9 5
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...