A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
579 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Teesha Moore Patch Swap Round 1 (signups from 4/25/12 - 6/30/12)  (Read 5915 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

moniqueramsey
I love to do personal swaps

View Profile WWW
« on: April 25, 2012 08:55:15 AM »

(by the talented quaggy)

PLEASE READ WHOLE POST BEFORE JOINING SWAP

When you PM the orgs you MUST have the name of the swap. This will help us reply to you quicker.
For this swap you will be making 2 TM style patches for EACH claim! FOC are allowed 5 claims at a time, non-FOC are allowed 3 claims, and First time swappers are allowed 1 claim at a time. PM your partner ASAP to get their address. You have 2 weeks to get them out.

You must send the DC and or customs numbers to org when sending. hold your receipts also for international ladies OR scan and post in your gallery or send to organizers.

Organizers:  moniqueramsey & kayrun (not participating, just graciously helping)

*IMPORTANT PM INFO*
When sending PMs, please label them as TM Rnd 1 with one of the following tags:
Package sent
Package received
Question

Swap Info
Swap name:  Ongoing Teesha Moore Patch Swap Round 1
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Org moniqueramsey Co org kayrun
Sign-up date range: 4/25/2012 6/30/2012
Date to send item by: 14 days from the day you claim (this starts on the day you claim NOT the next day!)
Limited to a certain number of people?: No
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes

Organizer Notes and Stuff

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants
- Is at least 18 years old

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month
- Has posted at least 15 times
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps
- Does not have any negative feedback
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

All swappers MUST be pre-approved for this swap!

YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE UNLESS YOU PM US AND YOU HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE LIST!

***PLEASE! Do not claim someone while waiting for approval!*** You may claim as soon as you get approval confirmation.
If you want to participate, here is the information to send to the organizers.  Please have the title of your PM be the name of the swap.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of swap: Ongoing Teesha Moore Patch Swap Round 1
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Your mailing address:
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Have you read the Swap Guidelines and understand how this swap works?
Are you willing to send at least 2 patches per claim? (If not then you will not be approved )
(This is what you will post on the thread, after one of you is picked at random)
What themes would you like to receive (goth, country, steampunk, floral)?
Which would you not like to receive?
Any size preferences?
Are you willing to post a photo of the item/s you receive or have the person who sent to you post of the photo for you with 5 days of receiving?
Are you willing to take a photo of the item you are shipping in the event the person cant post photos?
Do you agree to follow this?
Are you a Friend of Craftster?
Are you willing to ship outside of your country?
If you are willing to ship outside your country? (You MUST be willing to ship air postal or an equivalent which will take a maximum of 3 weeks. DO NOT SEND SLOW MAIL) Are you willing?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.  PLEASE MESSAGE moniqueramsey & kayrun YOU MUST PUT IN THE SUBJECT in SUBJECT LINE referring to TM Round 1

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

HOW THIS SWAP WORKS:
Claims are made throughout the swap period.  You have two weeks from the time you make a claim to send that claim.
You can make as many (or as few) claims as you want throughout the month as long as you never go over your allowed amount of outstanding claims. (An outstanding claim is patches that has not been received; when those patches are received your number of outstanding claims goes down leaving you open to bring it back up to 5 or 3.) If, at any point, you already have one claim that will be sent out late, please don't claim again until that one is sent out.

FOCs are allowed to make a maximum of 5 outstanding claims.
Non-FOCs are allowed to make a maximum of 3 outstanding claims.
First time swappers are allowed to make a maximum of 1 outstanding claim.

Posting pictures of received patches are required for this swap. If you are unable to do so, you are expected to contact the person who claimed you and ask them to please do so for you.

CLAIMING
1. Claims are made using the following procedure:

Person A (the swap organizer) will begin the swap by posting a list of themes in this swap thread.
Person B will choose a theme from one of A's themes and make a claim by posting his/her own list (see below for formatting of post).
Person C will make a claim on one of B's themes and post his/her own list.
Person D will make a claim on one of C's themes and post his/her own list etc...

This continues through the end of the month, when the swap organizer closes out the claiming part of the swap and continues this swap in the next round starting in the next month.

2. How to make a claim:
A claim post should include the following information:
1. The theme you are choosing and who youre sending it to.
2. The send by date (two weeks from the date the claim is made)
3. Statistical info about your current swap claims status:

Claims = Claims currently outstanding (ie., how many not yet received by their new owners.) (This number goes down each time a claim is received, and up each time you make a claim.)
Sent = anything currently in the mail.
Received = the hooplas received by the people you've sent them to.
Formatted thusly (claims outstanding/claims sent/claims received)

4. Your location.
5. Your personal preferences.
6. Your list of themes.
7. *Optional* Any wist or pinterest that would be relevant.

ONCE YOU HAVE MADE A CLAIM:
1. Send a personal message to the person you have claimed and request their address

2. You have 2 weeks to complete each claim and have it in the mail to its new owner. You cannot have more than your maximum allotted claims outstanding (5 for FOC, 3 for non-FOC, 1 for new swappers)

ONCE YOU HAVE SENT OR RECEIVED PATCHES

1. Please PM the organizers and claimer/claimee when you send or receive your patches.
2.  Label the message as Ongoing Teesha Moore Swap Sent or Received,
3.  Be sure and include (1) the "send by" date, as well as (2) the theme and (3) who sent it

FEEDBACK
Positive feedback will be given when all of the patches you sent have been received.   Good communication is vital and will be noted in feedback.

DISCUSSION THREAD
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=407646.new#new

ANY QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions please post them in the discussion thread or PM the organizers.  
This thread is specifically for claims only.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012 11:57:10 AM by moniqueramsey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.PersephoneRose.etsy.com
28 Swaps down, 2 to go
moniqueramsey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012 09:14:49 AM »

Number of claims allowed (please don't claim more than your allowed):

FOC- 5 claims

kriSmith
Robinpich
endymion
mini_mum
Smmarrt
quaggy
babalina58

Non-FOC - 3 claims

moniqueramsey
Craftsunderground
GoldenSunshine
Kookaloo_Starr

1st timers - 1 claim
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012 01:56:04 PM by moniqueramsey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

28 Swaps down, 2 to go
moniqueramsey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012 09:15:14 AM »

Claims

due 5/11
Kris to Craftsunderground

due 5/12
moniqueramsey to Kris

]due 5/13
robinpich to moniqueramsey
endymion to robinpich

due 5/14
Craftsunderground to endymion  

due 5/16
endymion to Craftsunderground
Smmarrt to endymion

due 5/18
GoldenSunshine to Smmarrt

due 5/20
Craftsunderground to GoldenSunshine
robinpich to craftsunderground

Due 5/24
Craftsunderground to Robinpich
Smart to Craftsunderground
Endymion to Smmarrt
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012 07:25:10 PM by moniqueramsey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

28 Swaps down, 2 to go
Craftsunderground
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012 10:43:34 AM »

I am thrilled to be first, but I am unsure if I am doing things correctly, so here goes:

I participated in the Teesha Moore swap that was held a few months ago and got totally hooked. I haven't worked them into a project yet cause I am just enjoying making them so much. I have posted my patches in the discussion thread for that swap so you can see the style and type that I have created.

The lovely patches I received from my swap partners along with my own have fallen into several "themes", so I would like to build on those: nature, flowers, brights (this can be anything with a cheerful, bright color scheme), buttons, and vintage (50, 60s, and 70s), music, and Steampunk. Of course, I am open to Craftster's choice and like to be surprised.

I am not limiting colors, because as soon as I say "I don't like pink" I see something wonderful in pink. So anything goes for me.

My favorite sizes are "finished size" 3x2, 3x3, and 3x4 inches, but again I am open to random other sizes too.

I am looking forward to claiming as much as I am to receiving.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
kriSmith
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012 11:52:05 AM »

I'll be second!

I claim CUG for a button and a music patch.
Due 5/11/12

1st claim/0 Outstanding/0 Received

I am Kris from Iowa. I love making the little patches. I've made a Nook cover, a purse cover and a wall hanging. I hope to make another nook cover and another purse cover and who knows what else??

Here are my themes:
  Pink/black/white - with or without breast cancer awareness theme.  You dont have to use all three colors in each patch. Small amounts of other colors are fine.
  All green patches with a nature theme.  Just the front of the patch needs to be green. Can include a Duck's Unlimited on if you'd like.
  Brightly colored patches  - Possibly whimsical?
  Text theme

I'm ok with most any size, just not real big.

Thanks Kris

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012 06:42:16 AM by kriSmith » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/krismith/

Would love to do personal swaps - collection items for my Duck's Unlimited women's raffle
moniqueramsey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012 10:09:51 AM »

I claim Kris for 2 brightly colored patches, possible whimsy...
Due 5/12/12
1/0/0

Hi, Im Monique. I'm from El Paso, TX, USA. I enjoy doing fiber arts and want to attempt to make something big with my patches. Something along the lines of a full circle skirts. So I need LOTS of patches. lol  Wink

My themes are
black and white (Any theme, but with NO color)
Gothic
steampunk
Victorian
Peacock colors
Tim Burton inspired
Alice in Wonderland
or any along those lines. I DO NOT like childish themes,  pinks, orange, or yellow.

And the BIGGER the BETTER! Thanks! Mo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

28 Swaps down, 2 to go
Robinpich

What an honor to be a "Best of" winner.........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012 08:02:08 AM »

robinpich to moniqueramsey for peacock colors

1 claim/0 sent/0 rec'd
due 5/13

Hi, I'm Robin.....just moved to Panama City, FL.  Hubby and I decided to make this our retirement home but we won't be able to retire for about 10 more years, but we moved anyway, LOL.

I am going BEACH THEME all the way!
BRight colors - motifs like lobster, crab, flipflops, beach ball, boat anchor, bouys, dolphins, tropical fish, palm trees, sea creatures, beach huts, sea gulls, shells, ocean and whatever you can think of that has to do with the BEACH.

I want to make a beach bag/purse.............

I like patch sizes about 3x4" in general, but if you want smaller or larger, go for it!

thanks!!!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012 06:20:22 PM by Robinpich » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for ATCs (fabric or paper), Teesha Moore poptarts/pillows and most any kind of embroidery- PM me
Blog
endymion
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012 02:01:44 PM »

I claim robinpich for 2 beach themed patches.

1 claim, 0 sent, 0 received. Due May 13.

Hi, I'm Pam. Have made quite a few journals/scrapbooks with these type of patches. I think I'm shooting for a bag or wall hanging this time.

My themes:

1. Trees/leaves/vines
2. Books/words/literary
3. Birds
4. Retro kitchen or retro sewing
5. Black and white

Any size is okay except enormous -- I want a lot a variety in the finished piece. Can't wait!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftsunderground
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012 08:52:18 AM »

I claim Endymion for 1 retro kitchen and 1 retro sewing.

1 claim/ 0 sent/ 0 received. Due 5/14/12

My name is Maria. I live in Nothern Virginia and have for years, but I am a native New Yorker and I love NY. I have been crafting all my life. I think I have tried everything except glass.

My themes are nature, flowers, brights (this can be anything with a cheerful, bright color scheme), buttons, vintage, music, type/letters, and Steampunk. Of course, I am open to Craftster's choice and like to be surprised.

My favorite sizes are "finished size" 3x2, 3x3, and 3x4 inches, but again I am open to random other sizes too.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
endymion
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012 06:06:30 PM »

I claim Craftsunderground right back for 2 patches (maybe nature? maybe type? maybe steampunk?) maybe I should just say "Crafter's Choice" and see which ones come out the best!

2 claims, 1 sent, 0 received. Due May 16.

Hi, I'm Pam again (American Midwest). Have made quite a few journals/scrapbooks with these type of patches. I think I'm shooting for a bag or wall hanging this time.

My themes:

1. Trees/leaves/vines
2. Books/words/literary
3. Birds
4. Retro kitchen or retro sewing
5. Black and white
6. I'll add "Crafter's Choice", too!

Any size is okay except enormous -- I want a lot a variety in the finished piece. Can't wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Individual Chocolate Tarts
Making Hand Made Chocolates in 1953
How to Make Sweet Nachos
Egg Custard Tarts Recipe
Chef Makini Howell Makes Stuffed French Toast
Latest Blog Articles
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...