A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
742 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Not sure how to put together end of year gift craft for teacher..help please  (Read 651 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

curls8
« on: May 19, 2012 05:04:01 AM »

Hi everyone,

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be great.

I am trying to make something for my sons teacher with the students individual pictures and notes (I sent home  cut out paper shapes with each student and ask that the parents help them write a note on it and decorate it(this is a coop preschool the children are 5 years old)).

I have some cardstock paper, I think they are 12x12inch paper. One of my idea is to place the kids photos over the decorated notes so that when the teacher lifts the photo up there is a note under it. The closest craft I found to this is the one below(you will have to scroll down a little to see it). We have 15 students though in the class. I will be using close to the same size pictures and the notes will be just a little bit smaller than the pics. I notice the craft below is just a flat craft, I will like it to more stand up like it is in a picture from except for the glass part that will block the teacher from lifting up the pics or it can be made to hang on a wall?

http://www.squidoo.com/homemade-teachers-gifts

A next idea can be to make a very simple memory book like the one on this site http://www.creativememories.com/Content/Shop/Product.aspx?pr=InspectOffering&s=648918&dpr=BrowseCategory&ds=/Hierarchy/Paper%20Scrapbooking/Photo%20Albums/Simply%20Said%20Books but I didn't want it too big because all I have to put in it is individualized photos and small cut out shape notes.

I am open to almost any idea, as you can see I am a bit lost.

Thank you

THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012 05:42:32 AM »

I'm loving the idea of a scrapbook/memory book.  Here's an example - http://www.beeinourbonnet.com/2010/06/teacher-appreciation-scrapbook.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
curls8
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012 04:26:37 PM »

Thanks for the response. I found a craft on this site I am going to copy off of it is this one http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=394799.0 It looks nice and small. Since I already had sent home the small cut out shapes for the parents and students to decorate and put a note on I don't want to do a scrapbook to big. If I had thought of it I would had sent home a bigger piece of cut out paper. Oh well..this is my first time doing a craft for a teacher.

So what I am planning on doing is to put a student pic and there decorated note on one side and a teacher poem on the back of it.

Now does anybody know what she or what I can use for the scrap book cover, I can't tell what type of material is used or where to get it.

Thank you
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012 04:34:27 PM by curls8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012 05:03:40 AM »

That's a great craft!  Send her a private message to ask if she'd share how she did the cover. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Sean Covey
Gigi Levangie Grazer Talks About Queen Takes King
Joe Bennett Reads from Where Underpants Come From
Pete Fornatale Talks About Back to the Garden
Meet Author Monica Ali
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...