A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,856
Currently Running With Scissors:
751 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafted Cushion Cover Swap 2 Gallery  (Read 9899 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2012 09:13:36 AM »

@ silentblair and alwaysinmyroom: reverse applique is really fun. I used a tip I found right here on craftster to get the design sewn on initially: trace it onto press and seal wrap, stick it on the fabric, straight stitch over and peel off. Easy-peasy transfer! I have a little more info in the thread I started for it: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=408644.0

I got my cover from professionalpineapp le all washed up (it came through like a dream) and will get pics today. They should turn out nice too. It's sunny out again! Yay! Wait until you see this pillow. I adore it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2012 01:51:17 PM »

Here I am, posting twice in a row again, but, also again, for a very awesome reason: To show off the amazing cover professionalpineapp le sent me!

ORANGE! Knitted with cables! Amazing, how-in-the-world-does-anyone-do-that cables. Look at those! The orange is a gorgeous harvest-y, burnt orange color in a cuddle-worthy soft acrylic so I can touch it and hug it to my heart's content which I have been doing since it came out of the wash.

The back is stunning too! Ribbed (are those ribs? I don't know if that's the yarnie term or not) and the best buttons. How on earth do you knit button holes? It would probably blow my mind.

Thank you so much, professionalpineapp le! And thank you again, PlumCrafty! I adore both my covers. They're perfect and lovely and I feel so lucky to have them. You two are great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2012 02:52:30 PM »

Me again!! My turn... And i'm showing off more of professionalpineapp les amazing skills!

She based her colours off a pinterest print that i am in love with.  And im not sure if she knows quilting is sort of my main thing and this looks like a quilty block but knit! Im just a bit sad i will have to go into the man cave to look at it and sit with it. Smiley

Front. Wicked right!

back. Still super cool

I dont know what i did in a past life to deserve such amazing pillow covers...and both knit this round.  Thanks so much professionalpineapp le and javede!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2012 03:22:04 PM »

Oh my goodness that's awesome. The front is so cool and so is the wavy back!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2012 04:31:27 PM »

My eyes are smiling!  I love both of those pillow covers!  The orange is stunning --- cables...oh my...

The second one is also amazing!  I have never seen a pattern like that...

I am taking notes...I think I have a new crush!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2012 06:31:49 PM »

Love the orange one, great cables! Once I learn how to do cables, I think I want one in a dark green, a deep blue, and a royal purple! Ooh, and a gold!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
professionalpineapple
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2012 05:16:41 PM »

Love the orange one, great cables! Once I learn how to do cables, I think I want one in a dark green, a deep blue, and a royal purple! Ooh, and a gold!  Wink

They're *easy* -- just knitting stitches in the wrong order. But they look so impressive. Cheesy

I was thinking the same thing as I made it -- I want to have a bunch of these everywhere! I think I'm definitely going to make one for me, in some purple fuzzy softness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 personal swaps!
pinterest|wists
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2012 06:55:22 PM »

I would like to put in my order for one in green, please! Cheesy

Finally got a nice day to take pictures...yeah yeah...we needed the rain, but it was getting tiresome!

My lovely pillow is in use and will be admired by all who sit on my couch!  Mellybelly81 was my partner...my Aussie partner!  I was thrilled because my dream trip is to go to Australia in a few years!  She sent me a couple of wonderful postcards to tempt me even more! Cheesy

And,now , MY CUSHION COVER! She knew I loved scrappy, and that I am a softy for personal stories...the fabrics came from a quilt she had made for her adorable baby son and from her grandma!

Look at the cute fabrics!  My favorite is the little blue floral...so vintage-looking!

Finally, the soft back..and I learned a new way to do a closure--it is a flap type that I will have to try in my next cover!  Also, the edges are zig-zagged giving it a nice finish.

Thank you for a fun swap project that I will enjoy every day!  See ya in the craftalong, Mel...ha ha what project number is this one? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafterbate!
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2012 08:32:01 PM »

I love quilted stuff. But i dont have the patiemts for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belle*
mellybelly81
my handmade dream

I'll have that... I might be able to use it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2012 05:57:55 AM »

My eyes are smiling!

Always - I can always tell your comments without seeing your name! You say such lovely things!

I also love that quilty knitted cover! The colours are great and such a cool pattern. I want to try it with quilting. Smiley

Always I really am so glad you liked your cover. It looks fab on your couch! I will be on the lookout for that green box on my front verandah because I can't wait to see what you made me! (oh and this is project 17!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2013 - 6/50
13 quilts in 2013 - 0/13
Destash-along

http://pinterest.com/myhandmadedream/

Looking for teal/turquoise/aqua, grey and white (or a combo) fabric for a quilt.

My son loves Peppa Pig's brother George and Raa Raa the noisy lion.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crocheting Christmas Wreath Tips
Crocheted Christmas Tree Design Tip
Crocheted Couch Cover Idea
How to Shop at the Winter Antiques Show
Judith Jamison: Artistic Director Emerita, Alvin Ailey Dance Theat
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...