A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,392
Currently Running With Scissors:
862 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need Ideas(What to make with these beads-some wooden & some pearl beads)  (Read 530 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

diya_1987
« on: April 22, 2012 03:20:49 AM »

Hello everyone  Smiley

I have some beads-lots of colourful wooden beads and lots of pearl beads(in three different sizes) but I am not sure what to make with them.Ideally I would like to make some cool jewellery/accessories with them.I am specially stuck with the pearl beads since I am not really into pearls and they feel really feminine and I don't think I can carry them off too well.But they are so pretty I don't feel like wasting them.
So I would love it if anybody could help me out with some ideas/suggestions etc  Smiley
Here is the picture of the beads
http://i39.tinypic.com/ztxfz7.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
diya_1987
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012 09:36:53 AM »

Aww 30 views but no one wants to share any ideas?  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leopardstripes

The other one has bells on it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012 10:10:11 AM »

Just spotted your post and pic- those bright wooden beads remind me of the chokers, necklaces, and earrings that we all wore back in the 80's- as long as you were wearing bright colors (and everyone was- we needed those huge sunglasses for a reason! LOL), they matched everything. The jewelry was usually random with the colors, but not the shapes, if that makes any sense. Now, as to your pearls there- have you thought about using them with hardware bits from a hardware store? It would be a shake-up of the normal use for 'em. If they're glass pearls, you can use rubber washers  or even wire heat-shrink (available in electronics stores like Radio Shack) as bumpers (to keep them from being scratched up by any metal elements that you use.) Pearls can also look surprisingly tribal, if you scatter a few of them with natural-finished wooden beads and leather in bracelets and chokers. Hope that helps!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I can't seem to stay with one guru long enough to get enlightened." -from the Life and Letters of Tofu Roshi
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Review on the Entire Nikon D-SLR Lineup
Review on the Nikon D80
How Mega Pixels Affect Print Size
Review of the Nikon D80, D40, D40X and D60
Review of the Nikon D300 - Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...