A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: It's time to vote for your favorite swapped project! Smiley  Vote now through Sunday, August 30th!
Total Members: 302,666
Currently Running With Scissors:
401 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Avoiding folding origami flowers for the wedding, my current finished projects  (Read 992 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Supermutts
« on: April 21, 2012 06:48:04 PM »

I am currently in the end stage of crafting for my wedding which is in June. I needed a break from folding hundreds of origami flowers and thought Id share some photos of my current projects.

Flower Girl Baskets
For the wedding we have 5 flower girls due to the huge size of my family. So I needed a cheap way to make five baskets that would be beautiful but affordable. I found these baskets at Joanns on sale and with a coupon they cost less than $10 for all 5 baskets. I spray painted them all brown, wove teal ribbon into them and then sewed a fabric basket lining that was glued in.

Boutonnieres
I love to sculpt so I decided to make the boutonnieres out of clay instead of purchasing flowers. I love how they came out and they are a lot simpler to make than youd think. Simply roll out multiple stands of clay in the colors of your wedding that are about the same length. Then twist the bottoms together about half way up to create the trunk of the tree. The just artfully arrange the top strands to look like tree branches. They can be left as is or in my case I just twisted little circular flowers to give them some more color and plop them on the branches. To attach them you can just glue a pin back to them and youre all set to go with a lasting and beautiful boutonniere.

Felt Tissue Holders
These were super time consuming but also not difficult and I cant wait to see how they look arranged on all the wedding chairs at the ceremony. I purchased sheets of felt from Joanns and Folded the sides over and then sewed down the ends to create a large pocket. Then I trimmed the edges with shears to give it the zigzag effect. Then using additional felt, or any material of your choosing such as ribbon, I glued a decorative strip over the sewed seem and added little felt hearts for additional decoration. After about 130 of them you never want to see them again but they were definitely worth all the effort.

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." -Captain Mal
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012 02:51:12 AM »

I love your boutonnieres and the basket and tissue holders are very cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
MoonlitSun
Never stop believing. Stars never do.

We all need a little magic in our lives.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012 07:33:54 AM »

Seems like you spent HOURS of crafting!! Those tissue holders are splendid and i love that basket lining and the overall look!
How original to use poly clay to make boutonnieres!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a CHOCAHOLIC! Dare eat chocolate in front of me! xD
My Pinterest ^_^

Yay for personal swaps! Message me anytime ^_^
Currently looking for aida cloths! 14 or 20 count, or anything you can part with!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Pen Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Use the Magic Wand Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Use the Lasso Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Use the Double Life of Selections in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Utilize the Selection Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...