A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,051
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Unicorn with massive amount of pictures.  (Read 8272 times)
Tags for this thread: unicorn , felted , featured_project , craftster_best_of_2012  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loukr
Tutorial Contributor

Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle . .

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012 07:43:41 AM »

ZOMG this is AMAZING! Clever clever thing you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tutorials, features, bloggyness http://www.dearestjackdaw.com/

Do you have an ever increasing pile of scraps waiting for the perfect project? Why not join in our Altered Fashions sew-along! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=354356.0
kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012 09:31:51 AM »

beautiful work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
Rodelphia
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012 07:02:05 PM »

i loved this when i saw it on the swap gallery! very pretty.  Cheesy i hope there's a unicorn swap round 2! i had lots of fun this time. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliis
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012 11:34:39 PM »

i loved this when i saw it on the swap gallery! very pretty.  Cheesy i hope there's a unicorn swap round 2! i had lots of fun this time. Smiley

Yeah, me too! This thing sort of came to be by all by herself, I only bought the wool and there she was Cheesy I'd like to call her my first unicorn so there might be others coming too..

She told me about how she heard stories about humans and wanted to come and learn more about them. I asked her name but obviously unicorns don't have ones because they have no need for them, I found out that she was referred to as "mischievous one" though. When I told her about names and how we use them she graciously allowed me to give her one. She wanted me to name her after something I love so I would always smile when I say her name. I called her Sunday Brunch for a while, but she got bit upset when she found out about bacon... Therefor I told Maimy (my swap partner) to give her new name when she arrives.

She also liked to be chased by my terrier and napping with cats. She is a bit touchy for remarks about size of her ears and likes being brushed and knock-knock jokes (I doubt she completely understands them though, I think she just likes making that knocking sound). I think she is so small because she is one of those breeds used by fairies. Maimy also told me that she likes heraldian unicorns, so my unicorn's breed is Fairybred Heraldian.

I can't help it! These things are just coming to me all by themselves!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Road goes ever ever on...
InvisibleCastle

A dream is a wish, your heart makes...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012 09:52:13 AM »

This rocks! IT'S SO ADORABLE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Maimy
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012 12:56:26 PM »

I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LOVE HER! What a character. I've let her try pancakes with honey, and toasted waffles with honey - now she wants to try it with everything (pizza with honey anyone?!). I woke up the other day to find her on my bedside drawers, gazing towards the window, and since the rain had stopped for once I thought I'd show her the garden -- I think she stopped to sniff every flower!  Roll Eyes And she had fun playing with Lola (the dog) and Dinah (one of the cats), as they decided to join us.

And she's been with me at my craft table ... apparently, mine is just as messy as yours, she wonders if all crafters are the same  Wink

P.S.... I have been calling her "Brunch" while I think of a name for her, I don't think she finds it very funny  Tongue I might call her Ommella, which is "to sew" in Finnish, is that right? Sewing makes me happy ... and I thought it would be a nice reminder of where she came from Smiley What do you think?

The steps were almost too high... and the tulips were definitely too high!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maimy x
Etsy | Facebook | Twitter
aliis
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012 01:42:58 PM »

Hahah! So she continues blabbering to you too? I'm glad I'm not the only one. Cheesy Thank you for pictures, is great to see she's happy in her new home! I could so hear her demanding pizza with honey... Grin I think Ommella is a great name for her (or maybe "Ompeleminen" which is noun as in "sewing", but perhaps a bit too long that one...) and I'm really flattered about your idea her having a Finnish name. Kiss

It still amazes me how popular she became! Featured even! But I can hear her voice in my ears saying: "Well, of course they love me! Why wouldn't they?" I thinks she means to say "Thank you!" by that...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012 01:45:54 PM by aliis - Reason: typos shmypos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Road goes ever ever on...
Vecrutzi
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012 07:54:07 PM »

I repinned this, and squealed, and avidly read every single sentence you wrote! I've always loved needle-felting, but I've never seen it this masterfully done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012 06:19:23 PM »

Well, she turned out to be a beauty! Such talent in those fingers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LA-Fairy
moon child

Lexy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2012 08:21:12 PM »

That is just super awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Craig Nelson on the Atomic Age
A Look at the Game of Thrones Pop Up Book
Top 10 Notes: Of Mice and Men
Top 10 Notes: Animal Farm
The True Blue Scouts of Sugar Man Swamp
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...