A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
699 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stationary/Note Card Swap?  (Read 4623 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2012 12:50:44 PM »

Well, I got 2 of the quilt tops half done, the baby shower favors made and my brain tricked me into getting up over an hour early so I could get to the 24 hour CVS to get the stuff to wrap the gift. I have to post my first assignment to my online summer class (after I take a brief restorative nap), and then I'll start putting together the questionnaire. If all goes as planned, I might be able to post it by tomorrow!

Of course, I still have to pack and clean my classroom...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
dfabbric

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2012 07:14:02 PM »

Oh good, I'd be up for this. I hope it goes up soon, I'm looking for a swap and I really don't understand the whole ongoing concept, which is what most of the swaps are right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kriSmith
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2012 08:22:26 PM »

I felt the same way about the ongoing swaps, but I like them much better because they are usually smaller items and you can claim as much as you want or as little as you want. If you want to make a bigger item you can. Plus I get to pick who I'm crafting for rather than some one else picking for me. Every once in awhile I get a swap partner that I am just clueless on. I like regular swaps too, but I really like the ongoing ones. My unknown is the sweat shop swaps. I'm sure I'll figure it out just fine, but they are an unknown.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/krismith/

Would love to do personal swaps - collection items for my Duck's Unlimited women's raffle
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2012 10:02:20 AM »

As soon as I make a phone call, I'll be working on the swap guidelines! The swap should be posted by tonight, and I'll post the link here!

Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2012 11:01:17 AM »

OH my gosh I'm a Note card MANIAC!!! I see all the little sets at Michael's $1 bins and I can't help but pick a few up every time I go there  Tongue Handmade is always better of course. I'm SO IN if I have room when it starts!

My unknown is the sweat shop swaps. I'm sure I'll figure it out just fine, but they are an unknown.  Undecided

Cheesy Oh Sweat shops are fun! I'm in one right now and they're SUPER easy it just looks like a lot because there's a lot of partners. Basically, you make five or ten of one specific thing (could be anything--> snack pouches, doilies, poppets, jewelry, note card sets, etc..... ANYTHING you want!). And then other people will make five to ten of another thing and when the swap is closed, there's a list of everything that people are "offering." Now depending on how many items you are offering, you will list the top 10-15 items you want from the other people.

(Example: Person A is offering bookmarks, person B is offering Glass pendants, person C is offering mug rugs..... and you want the mug rug most and the pendant least. You will put #1 Mug rugs from person C, #2 bookmarks from person A, #3 glass pendants from person B)

If you're offering five of one thing, then you will get five items; one from each of five people. If you're offering ten, you will get ten items in return. The swap organizer will then match you as best he/she can with your top picks from the other participants. Then you have to wait for all your partners to be done crafting their "offerings' before you can send. They also have to wait for YOU to be done before they can send to you as well Smiley
  Most people will make their offered items before the swap even closes so it's less stress. Some people, like me, prefer to wait and custom-make my items to suit my partner's likes. It really is SUPER fun! Like---Christmas stocking stuffers in your mail box everyday! I LOVED the last round and decided to join the existing one.
    You should DEFINITELY try it!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012 01:29:41 AM by IsikkahJai » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2012 11:23:27 AM »

It's official!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=410473.0

I had to do a little juggling with the dates because of my schedule, but I think it works!

And, thanks IsikkahJai for explaining the sweat shop swap!

And, if anyone sees anything I should add to the swap explanation, let me know! This is the first time I've organized this type of swap Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2012 05:56:43 PM »

In case you're interested... here's the link to the discussion thread for Round 2!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413667.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Organic Face Mask for Smooth, Hydrated Skin
An Everyday Makeup Look
A Super Simple Smoky Eye That Can Transform Your Look
Suction Cups That Remove Cellulite?
DIY Wedding Day Makeup in 5 Minutes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...