A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,556
Currently Running With Scissors:
725 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Keri Smith Tribute Journal  (Read 1232 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

seeuudee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 20, 2012 01:18:21 PM »

I created this journal for a swap on another site, but thought I would share it here.

The theme for the journal was a Keri Smith Tribute. We were given a list of prompts to complete - burn a page, spill something, etc - all the Wreck a Journal type prompts. I also made the journal, although my stitching needs some work, one of the signatures was very loose, although luckily the final binding pretty much holds it in place.

Prompt - Use paint chips - I love how this page came out. I did not really plan this, it kinda fell into place when I stood looking at the paint chip stand! On some of the pages, like this one, I added a little pull out tab with some notes on.

Prompt - Fill a page with junk - I started this page almost immediately and added sweet wrappers, offcuts of paper from crafting and random bits. I made the page fold open, so there are 2 "levels" to it. I created the dimensional pages when I made the journal and then worked with them.

Prompt - Tactile. I love this page so much! The pocket was already there, so I decided to create all the different tactile tags - one tag for each different item - there are feathers, leather, crumpled foil, fuzzy pipecleaners, velvet ribbon, etc. I had so much fun going through my craft box and finding lots of different feels!

This is the cover - I found this great wallpaper and helped myself to a sample. Luckily enough it was enough to cover the journal. The journal does not close very well - it is a little full.  Grin

I have only shared some of my favourite pages here but they are all up on my flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/67645224@N03/sets/72157629861301625/ - although I have discovered 2 photos are missing. I am sure I took photos, but they are not there!!  I will contact my partner, who I know has received, and ask her to send me pics of the missing pages, so that I have the full set.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cankle

I'm a piece of work.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012 07:53:48 PM »

I love how much happy work has obviously gone into this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aithnea
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012 10:56:49 AM »

The paint chip page is awesome and makes me super happy!  What a great idea for a journal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What quality settings should I set my camera to?
What is depth of field?
Should I use automatic or manual focus settings on my camera?
What are the different automatic exposure settings?
What is exposure?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...