A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
581 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding Shoe Distress! Please help me!!  (Read 1025 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sayomi-chan
« on: April 18, 2012 06:09:29 AM »

Craftsters!!!

My older sister is getting married this year in December. She fell in love with a shoe from Valentino's 2010 Spring/Summer collection. However, the website where she saw them was a fraud  Shocked and now we can't find these shoes anywhere!! She had her heart set on those shoes because they match her Vera Wang dress perfectly! Sad  I got married almost a year ago and live thousands of miles away from her, however my mother asked me for help finding these shoes because I'm the "Fashion DIY" freak in the family, however, I can't even find the name of the shoe, let alone where to buy them. Anyone know where I can find someone who will make this shoe for a reasonable price? (If my sis and mom were willing to pay $1200 for this shoe, I bet they'd be willing to pay anything!!)

Please, please help me make this her dream wedding!!!! I'll do anything, even if it means making them myself.

Here are some reference pictures, however she wants them in white or ivory. Any ideas?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012 10:28:09 AM »

According to Net-a-Porter, the Valentino Floral organza sandals have a "mesh" base with leather and silk organza flowers. From the zoom views, it looks like the "mesh" is in fact organza, as well.

That being said, because these are no longer available, you could buy a pair of unembellished mesh heels and bedeck them with organza and lambskin flowers. These Giuseppe Zanotti heels are very similar in structure to the Valentinos.

I think that both the leather and fabric flowers are made using the same technique. It's the material that makes them look so different. Tutorial-wise, I think you could use this one, or this one (minus the melting).

If it really would be better to have someone local to your sister modify the shoes, a competent seamstress with experience in custom formalwear should have no trouble recreating them. Assuming your sister got her dress through a local boutique, it's entirely possible that the same seamstress/dress-maker who is handling the fitting of her gown can also make the shoes to match.

Good luck to all of you Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sayomi-chan
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012 07:01:24 PM »

Since the shoe is two years old and, as you said, unavailable, I thought about the DIY shoe. Thank you so much for the tutorials and links, I think in the end, they'll be VERY helpful. I have been forbidden by my sister to give up the search for now, but, sadly, I think she'll have to settle for a similar or custom-made shoe.

I have a friend who's a clothing/accessory designer and asked for her help and she seems to think they wouldn't be difficult to recreate, but still looking for an already-made shoe. I live in Japan while my family is in Puerto Rico, so maybe I'll come across something similar given the fashion here. Again, thank you so much!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012 07:16:53 PM »

As it happens, I stumbled across these! Apparently Victoria's Secret carried a knock-off version. Although they're pre-loved, they look to be in great shape. Being used, though, they're only available in size 8, and your sister could very well prefer not to use pre-loved shoes.

Either way, I hope you get things all sorted out Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sayomi-chan
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012 08:46:55 PM »

Wow! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!  I'll show these to my sister and hope she likes them. A size 8 might be a little big for my sister, but I'm not sure. My mother wears a size 8 and my sister is always borrowing her shoes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Creative Ways to Layer This Season
Lily Kwong Shares Her Amazing Style Sense
Three Ways to Wear Metallic Fabrics
Trend Takeout: Party Time
How to Wear Metallics
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...