A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,492
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Elmer's Master Craftster Series Round 1! - Intro to the Products & the Crafters  (Read 7140 times)
Tags for this thread: sponsored_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« on: April 16, 2012 09:17:14 AM »

We're proud to announce our latest Master Craftster series! We've teamed up with the one, the only, Elmer's to bring you lots of great projects.

About Elmer's:
For more than sixty years, Elmers Products, Inc., has been providing creative adhesive solutions that support project success and turn ideas into reality. By continuing to develop innovative new products, Elmers has become the trusted brand when it comes to fueling creativity and providing outstanding product performance in the classroom, at home, in the workshop and at the craft table. At Elmers, we inspire people to create, build and learn for life.

Almost everyone I know, crafter or not, has used Elmer's. They really are the biggest and best name when it comes to glue! Not only does Elmer's have sticking power (Wink), but they also brought X-ACTO into their family of brands. If you're cutting or gluing (and really, as a Craftster, when aren't you?) with these time-tested brands you really can't go wrong!

Elmer's gave our 6 lucky Master Craftsters all of these amazing products to use in their projects:

CraftBond All Purpose Glue Stick
CraftBond Foam Mounting Tape
CraftBond Glue Spots Thin Medium
CraftBond Permanent Dot Runner
CraftBond Quick Dry Dual Tip Glue Pen
Elmer's Designer Masking Tape
Elmer's Painters Markers
X-ACTO 12" x 12" Self-healing Mat
X-ACTO Designer 9" Guillotine Paper Trimmer
X-ACTO Designer Series Corner Rounder Punch
X-ACTO Designer Series Gripster Craft Knife
X-ACTO Designer Series Precision Tip Scissors

Even though with those tools the possibilities are pretty much endless, our Master Craftsters still surprised us with all of their amazing ideas! They used just a few products to make a wide array of crafts. We're confident that if you use these threads, you too can use Elmer's products to make your own! Use their threads as tutorials, or just get inspired.

Here's an introduction to each of our talented Master Craftsters!
cackle

Hi, I'm Lora, but folks call me cackle here at Craftster. My hubby and I recently relocated to Virginia from Alaska. We live in a friendly, ramble-y old house with two big, goofy cats, a lot of books and any kind of tool you can think of! I'm an artist and love to experiment, so it has been wonderful being a Master Craftster and trying all the fun Elmer's products. My favorite has to be the Painter's Pens.....I couldn't stop playing with them!

cackle's projects:
Butterfly Ornaments
Lamp shade for a little girl
Mini Painting with Paint Pens!
Paper Cut Project
Tiny Little Spring Shrine

jillybeans

Hi!  I'm Jill!  I live in Spokane WA.  I'm a wife, a bookworm, a nerd, a lvl 85 Warlock on WoW, a baker, a cook, cat lover, and always and most importantly a crafter.  Crafting has always been a part of my life.  My crafty ways are always evolving and changing, and I'm always collecting new ideas and learning new skills.  When I was a kid, I did a lot of stamping and beading.  Its crazy that majority of my stamp collection is from when I was a kid.  Every other year I can like crazy.  I make loads and loads of jams, syrups, applesauce, and whatever else I pick from our local farming community, Greenbluff.  My newest crafting love is making and trading Artist Trading Cards with my fellow crafters.  I feel so honored to be chosen as a Master Craftster for Elmer's.  I get a box of fun to play with and get to collaborate with some of the most awesome people on Craftster?  Score!!  It has been an absolute blast getting to play with these wonderful products, products that I know and love.

jillybean's projects:
ATC Bases
Button Tree Frame
Making Old Cards New Again!
Portrait Frame
Stenciled Heart Shirt
Zentangle High Heels

LimeRiot

Hello! My name is Mareth but most of my cyber pals just call me 'Lime'. I live in Seattle with my awesome husband and our 5 fur-babies that eat up most of our free time and sometimes my crafts!

When I'm not lovin' on my hubby and kiddos, or slaving away at my day job, I'm crafting!! I enjoy knitting, embroidery, sewing projects and making other random (sometimes impractical Smiley) things. I also love making messes with paper, glue, markers, paints, glitter and other ephemera so I was thrilled to have the chance to participate in the Elmers Master Craftsters series! I had so much fun experimenting with the amazing products we received and, boy oh boy, you should see the messes I made!  

I really appreciated the opportunity to create with Elmers products and to share the experience with a group of incredibly talented and awesome gals.

LimeRiot's projects:
Date Night Coupon Book
Driftwood Cottages
Functional and Fancy Clothespins
Good Egg Embroidery Hoop
Hexagon Monogram
Hold On & Let Go ATCs
Mini Cork Board and Felt Thumbtacks

noooitaremybirthday

Hello! I'm Kira, also known as Nooo here on Craftster. I'm a full-time artist/crafter/blogger and I flippin' love it! My husband of five years is incredibly supportive and tolerant of my craft obsession. I live in Alabama with my DH, our birds and our dog, but we're native to the Pacific Northwest. My favorite crafts to do are stamping, embroidery, altering, watercolor, and of course, all things paper. I also have a love for illustration and hope to someday write and illustrate a children's book or two. Getting to craft with Elmer's has been a totally awesome experience. Several Elmer's products have long been go-to items that I keep stocked in my crafting arsenal, so I was pleased as punch to hear the news I'd been chosen as a Master Craftster. I was also able to test out some products I had never tried before which were just as top-notch. My faves were definitely the Painters Pens and the Craft Bond Gluestick!  So, it's been great, and sharing the ride with the other amazing masters of craft was simply a delight.

noooitaremybirthday's projects:
Altered Journal Page
ATC Album
Bookmarks made from scraps
Flowers and Bird Dimensional Birthday Card
Pink Feathery Pen
Quick, Easy Smart Phone or iDevice Stand

Stifflersmom

Hello, I'm Stifflersmom. I've been loitering around here on Craftster since the dawn of time and was really honored to be chosen as a Master Craftster. If I think back to the stone-age of my youth, Elmer's glue was likely my very first crafting tool. They've come a long way from macaroni art. Look at all the wonderful new products they sent me to try.

Stifflersmom's projects:
Embellished Gift Bags
Jacob's Ladder
Tiny Spring Book
When Pigs Fly

And last but certainly not least kittykill who has done a special episode of Craftster Quickies!

Hi! I'm Pam and most people know me from the needlework board or from the video series Craftster's Quickies. When I am not fighting crime or goofing around the rainy Pacific Northwest with my husband and three pups, I like crafting the day away! For many of the Craftster Quickies videos I have used Elmer's products and I just love them to pieces. I'm so glad that I got this chance to share with everyone how great Elmer's and X-ACTO products are (like you don't already know)!

kittykill's projects
Craftster Quickies - Project ideas using Elmer's and X-ACTO products!

Ready to start exploring their amazing crafts? Just head on out to the Elmer's Master Craftsters board!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=402.0

And be sure to check out Challenge #74 - Paper, Rock, Scissors! Sponsored by Elmer's!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=406525.0
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012 10:37:07 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012 09:38:16 AM »

EEP!!  The secret is out!  SO excited about this series!  Thanks to Elmer's and our AMAZING group of Master Craftsters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
HSG
Global Moderator
Glass Crafts Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Oy Vey!

Margaritas & Facial Masks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012 11:14:01 AM »

This is gonna be good! Each one of these people is so talented. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012 11:30:52 AM »

It was so much fun to be a part of this! So many amazing projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012 12:34:08 PM »

Thank you again for the opportunity to play with these fun products and hang out with the other awesome ladies that played along. What a blast!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012 12:48:18 PM »

Yay our crafts are out!  It was so much getting to play with all the wonderful Elmer's projects! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
HSG
Global Moderator
Glass Crafts Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Oy Vey!

Margaritas & Facial Masks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012 01:50:11 PM »

Commented on each project cause they were all so good. Talent and some fun ideas.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aislynn
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012 02:07:19 PM »

Oh, how exciting!  You are all so talented it blows my mind!  And how AWESOME to be sponsored by Elmers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012 02:19:25 PM »

Such talent here! I can't believe what you guys did with these supplies. You all rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012 02:27:09 PM »

Squee!  I haven't had a chance to take a more thorough look at all the great projects but I will take a gander over the next few days.  I recognize and greatly admire the crafty skills of ALL of the folks chosen for the Elmer's Master Craftster Series.  I can't wait to check out your projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Picking Out the Perfect Sunglasses
How to Find the Right Size Shoe For You
Zoe Saldana Bares Her Abs in a Crop Top and Goes Bold in Hot Pink
The 6 Shoes Every Woman Should Own
How to Pick Underwear For Your Body Type
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...