A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hey, Look at that. I'm new.  (Read 873 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Youfoundmeagain

You callin' me mental?

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2012 05:53:03 PM »

Well, The subject line sort of wraps up my point, doesn't it?   'Suppose I could say a bit about myself, seeing as I've got you're attention and all.  I'm kind of a Jack of all arts and crafts.  Hand sewing, crochet, painting, drawing, cross-stitch, working with clay, binding books (poorly), costume making, paper crafts, jewelry making, making toys of any sort... I could keep listing things but you get the idea.  I'm into reading, anime, sci-fi, fantasy, comics (Batman and X-men mostly), Pokemon, Cosplay, my cats, post-apocalyptic scenarios, decent films, robots, nerdy stuff, nerdy stuff, nerdy stuff.  I'm seriously obsessed with Harry Potter. Big gamer, pretty serious about it actually.  I wear a bowler daily which I have lovingly named Bruce Wayne.  Pink hair (lilac next?), grey eyes, mid-twenties, lady parts.... Name's Ashley. 

I'm REALLY interested in learning anything and everything I can about black-smithing so if you happen to know anybody that could help it would be GREATLY appreciated.  I also have a sewing machine that refuses to work and I'm quite frankly afraid of.  I've asked literally half a dozen people that claimed could fix it in no time to look at it and it's still a mystery.  Any help would be super awesome.  Although actual advice would be helpful, telling me to search for the information or manual myself would NOT be helpful.

Hoping you enjoyed the read.  If you think we'd have things in common or you're interested in a personal swap (I'm def interested) you should PM me I'd love to hear from you. 

xoxo <3,
Ashley

P.s.
I'm listening to the country music station in Fallout New Vegas... Thought you should know...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Into Harry Potter?  Into makin' stuff?  Well, You gotsta check this out: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=408525.0  HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *twist trial*
DawnsTrees
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012 11:59:48 PM »

Welcome to Craftster!

I am with you on the whole sewing machine thing... I actually currently have 4 (yes you read that correctly) in my house that don't work and I am at a loss with them!

I am also a dabbler in pretty much everything - I think that craftster is perfect for people like us! So much to look at and get inspired by!

Hope you enjoy yourself here! I look forward to seeing some of your work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
Kodeekins
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012 03:07:43 PM »

Hi! What exactly about the machine doesn't work? Have you taken it into a sewing machine shop to see if they can do an adjustment on it? I was terrified of sewing machines but I bit the bullet and dove in head first and now I sew pretty much every day! I have a Bernina that needs a trip to the machine shop, because the timing is off, and a back up Brother Project Runway, which honestly doesn't work very well. :\

Anyway, you sound awesome. Smiley welcome to Craftster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JS

** 29 AGAIN?? ** Talk about recycling!! **

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012 04:05:57 PM »

Well lookie there, it's You! *waves*  Hope you enjoy the site and find some blacksmiths.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.
Youfoundmeagain

You callin' me mental?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012 02:23:36 PM »

Hi! What exactly about the machine doesn't work? Have you taken it into a sewing machine shop to see if they can do an adjustment on it? I was terrified of sewing machines but I bit the bullet and dove in head first and now I sew pretty much every day! I have a Bernina that needs a trip to the machine shop, because the timing is off, and a back up Brother Project Runway, which honestly doesn't work very well. :\

Well, I haven't actually taken it to a "professional" per say because I'm penniless... well, If I looked I'm sure I'm not PENNILESS but I am dollar..less.  Anyways, I've cleaned it and oiled it and all that who-ha but after using it for, say, 30 seconds the thread snaps.  I thought maybe I wasn't threading it correctly but after finding a copy of the manual online I found I was threading it correctly.  So,.... Maybe, It's the tension?  That's what I was told it probably was and what I'm guessing it is too but it doesn't help me a whole lot because I have done everything I can think to do for the stupid thing aside from praying over it.  I dunno, I could ordain it with witch-doctor holy water? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Into Harry Potter?  Into makin' stuff?  Well, You gotsta check this out: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=408525.0  HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2012~ *twist trial*
Youfoundmeagain

You callin' me mental?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012 02:25:36 PM »

Btw, Thank you.  You're face sounds awesome.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Youfoundmeagain

You callin' me mental?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012 02:28:28 PM »

Well lookie there, it's You! *waves*  Hope you enjoy the site and find some blacksmiths.

Ha ha.  It IS me and it appears that it's you.  And I'm glad that it is.  Smiley  A blacksmith actually found ME after I wrote this so that's pretty effing lucky, No?  I thought you'd think so. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AuntieKar

Inspired by those around me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012 06:03:28 PM »

Hey look...I'm new too!  I feel a kinship to all the "dabblers" out there like you and me.  I love to learn new things, and after perusing the boards waiting for my membership email to show up, I believe I will have plenty to keep me and my stepson busy this summer.  I can't wait for my first month to be done to get in on some of those amazing swaps I noticed, and can't wait to test out some of the tuts.  Anyway, welcome, from another newbie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craziness and Craftiness are synonymous, right?!

http://www.pinterest.com/mrshoss
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Memphis Barbecue
Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe
How to Make Oyster Dressing
How to Make New Orleans Gumbo
How to Make San Francisco Sourdough Bread
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...