A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,758
Currently Running With Scissors:
653 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Hoopla Round 6 Gallery & Discussion  (Read 21757 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mousee23

Not all Californians live near the beach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: June 11, 2012 09:30:13 PM »

I got my hoop from Mousee23 late last night.  It is the poor hoop that got squished and rained on.  It looks like it had an adventure.  Ah well, I am sure all storm troopers came home dirty from battle at some point in time or another... Smiley
Thank you so much Mousee23!  It will live with pride amongst all of my other SW hoops and be proud that it survived the battle.

BTW, were the eyes patches that you found?  It's a super cool texture and I am wondering how you did it...

Dewshinesdopp
Yes, it was inspired by the poster by Hexagonall.The poster had no brow.
The "Brow" was where the velvet tore and I tried to salvage it.The eyes were done on waste canvas and then outlined with acrylic paint.He does look like he's been to war,doesn't he?This is what he looked like after I fell on him

And here is the AWESOME The Princess Bride hoopla that Averia made me
Yes Yes Yesssss!
And TheManicCrafter, it's good to know you are back home.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012 09:44:08 PM by mousee23 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is pain,Highness~Dred Pirate Roberts<br />My Chatterings http://mousee23.blogspot.com/<br />http://www.wists.com/mousee23/<br />http://pinterest.com/mousee23/
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #211 on: June 12, 2012 04:23:45 AM »

Thanks for telling me how the eyes were done.  The texture is so interesting! 

That Inigo Montoya Hoopla is so cool!  I can hear Mandy Patinkin speaking just looking at it! 

Is it felt sewn on, or are all those teeny letters negative spaced? I love it either way, but if those are negative space, then I must bow down before the awesomeness of our esteemed organizer.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2012 05:54:08 AM »

Is it felt sewn on, or are all those teeny letters negative spaced? I love it either way, but if those are negative space, then I must bow down before the awesomeness of our esteemed organizer.

LOL Just felt, no awesomeness here. I know I am a wimp to use it instead of fill stitching the area, but with the area being one absolutely solid color and how much we had going on at the end of the school year I caved.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #213 on: June 12, 2012 06:48:57 AM »

There is nothing wrong at all with...uh...I'm going to say "quilting" the area with other fabrics or felt or whatever.  I don't know if there is a special word for it.

I ~love~ the textures and such.  I also heartily approve of beads and bibs and bobs... Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: June 12, 2012 07:21:31 AM »

I would go with appliqué for the description. french makes it sound a bit upscale to me. Cheesy I heartily agree on the beads and bibs and bobs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #215 on: June 12, 2012 10:12:24 PM »

I would go with appliqué for the description. french makes it sound a bit upscale to me. Cheesy I heartily agree on the beads and bibs and bobs.
LOL!  I must have had a huge brain-burp.  Of course that is the right word.  DOH! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: June 13, 2012 03:29:04 PM »

Almost done with this round, but... turns out we needed a couple angels. I'm off to post for one for johnson.mom2two. Please pm me if anyone here is interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #217 on: June 14, 2012 09:51:05 PM »

I received this awesome pintrest inspired hoop from burstofpanties, and Have not been able to find my camera. This is taken with my phone, so ALL apologies for the quality! It is a SPECTACULAR hoop!!

« Last Edit: June 14, 2012 09:53:28 PM by redstar13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #218 on: June 15, 2012 04:35:13 AM »

That ~is~ spectacular!  Is the fabric beneath a brocade or is that black on black embroidery?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #219 on: June 17, 2012 08:49:32 PM »

That ~is~ spectacular!  Is the fabric beneath a brocade or is that black on black embroidery?

it is just a really sweet greytoned floral fabric. I am the worst at identifying flowers, but I think maybe they are dandylions??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Age of Wushu - Weather Effect Teaser Trailer
Trailers: The Evil Within "It Will Live" Gameplay Trailer
Zero Punctuation: InFAMOUS: Second Son - Bad Son Good Son
Trailers: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Developer Overview Trailer
Escapist Podcast: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...