A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,205
Currently Running With Scissors:
448 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Hoopla Round 6 Gallery & Discussion  (Read 32632 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2012 07:36:21 PM »

I got back from my trip to an awesome hoop from redstar13 for my Star Wars theme: 

A simple quote, known all across the universe...

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/270785_18May12_star_wars_hoopla.JPG

I love it! She did the neatest thing, also!  She gave it a soda can pop top hook to hang it with.  Hot glued to the back! I never would have thought of something so awesome!  Smiley

Thanks Redstar! 

I use pop tabs to hang everything Smiley
and I am glad you like it. I originally traced the proper font, but my letters always end up wonky. At least the color is right Cheesy
Font, schmont!  Who cares?  It's awesome as it is:)  I thought I was the only person who said  "wonky" anymore.  Smiley 

One of my favorite words Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2012 09:27:01 PM »

So many hoops coming in so quickly all of a sudden! It is wonderful to see!

I was a bit curious about a hoop that was going to be either catholic themed or hitchcock themed - I'm guessing catholic won out - beautiful Redstar!

I'm not normally a big fan of felt on hoops, but i love the marigolds! It works just right for them.

The tulips are lovely.

Great rendition of the pin johnson.mom2two! (I really want to see pics of redpopsicles bathroom after looking at what she has pinned to go in there Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2012 09:46:26 PM »

I received a suggestion and I wanted to toss the thought out there and get some feedback. How do people feel about putting a crafting time parameter on this swap? In my mind I have always pictured hoops as being something of a large item. I figured that was the reason the crafting period was made longer for this swap than for the other ongoing swaps. Maybe we should add it in to the description of the swap that you should plan to spend at least 3 hours? 4 hours? X hours working on the embroidery piece of your hoop? Feel free to respond here or in a PM.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Helena Puck

« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2012 04:50:00 AM »

I received a suggestion and I wanted to toss the thought out there and get some feedback. How do people feel about putting a crafting time parameter on this swap? In my mind I have always pictured hoops as being something of a large item. I figured that was the reason the crafting period was made longer for this swap than for the other ongoing swaps. Maybe we should add it in to the description of the swap that you should plan to spend at least 3 hours? 4 hours? X hours working on the embroidery piece of your hoop? Feel free to respond here or in a PM.

I think knowing a time frame would help because in my mind, I estimated 2 hours for this swap because a nice piece of embroidery can take me two hours; however, when I finished a small cross stitch piece on 18 count aida in 3 hours, I was self conscious about sending it because it was so small.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

Open to trades for Smurfs, minions, and personal swaps
Helena Puck

« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2012 05:42:15 AM »

Wow, great job johnson.mom2two! I love woman stitching, pinned it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

Open to trades for Smurfs, minions, and personal swaps
Homerof2

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2012 07:12:06 AM »

I think a time frame would be a good idea.  I spend a minimum of 3 hours on most hoops and sometimes a lot more depending on how intricate they are.  I know that twice in this round, the hoop I claimed took less than that so I added a 2nd hoop because I didn't feel right sending a hoop that worked up that quick.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurumi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2012 11:32:16 AM »

I just want to say that as an embroidery newbie, having a "time frame" might be a bit intimidating. I did two hoops this round, and while one hoop has way more stitches than the other, both of them took approximately the same length of time for me to embroider. I think a 2-3 hour guideline minimum is a good idea, but considering that for most of us to complete a swap worthy piece, we're going to take that much time or more anyway.  I suspect when Homerof2 receives her hoop from me, it will appear as if I spent less time, but it did take 2-3 hours at least to complete.  That being said, what a more expert embroiderer-cross stitcher can achieve in 2 hours most likely will appear more so than a newbie. Does that make sense?  Either way, I had fun, and would like to participate in upcoming rounds!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft My Fandom Swap: Sent!
sewphie

embroidery addict

« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2012 12:38:37 PM »

Love all the new additions to the gallery Smiley

I think it is ok to have a time guideline as long as it is stressed that all abilities of stitchers are welcome. I wouldn't mind receiving a hoop that is small or simple as long as it was stitched with care and the person who made it enjoyed making it. 3+ hrs sounds about right
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like my stuff? Why don't you come visit sometime?
http://sewphietom.blogspot.com
BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurumi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2012 06:54:30 PM »

Thanks for the compliments on redpopsicle's pinterest hoop. I really love how it turned out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft My Fandom Swap: Sent!
pennydreadfull

Craft or Die \m/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2012 07:08:43 PM »

Thank you all so much for the compliments on the blackwork hoop!! It took longer than I thought it would but I was so happy to be able to use some of my craft books I've bought at rummage sales over the years to pick out the different patterns!!

The Catholic themed hoop is so pretty and I looove the marigolds!!  There is so much awesome talent flying around this gallery!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters - Francisco Goya

Always willing to do personal swaps!
http://pinterest.com/jamietoohey/
Instagram - jamietoohey
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Party Recipe: Smoked Mackerel Toasts
3 Easy Healthy Food Swaps from Deliciously Ella
The Media Storm Around Harper Lee
Lisa Lovatt-Smith On The Best Thing Parents Can Do For Children
Why This Vogue Editor Turned Down Working For Karl Lagerfeld
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...