A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,735
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: vintage bunny slippers oct. 28th 1957  (Read 781 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: April 16, 2012 11:58:46 AM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Knitting-Pattern-Bunny-Slippers-Easter-sz-1-4-/180653710697

I seen this on ebay to make these bunny slippers.  but the seller isnt selling the magazine, only a reproduction of the original pattern.  In the description the seller wrote:

This pattern was originally printed October 28, 1957. It was NOT copyrighted and became part of the public domain upon its publication, October 28, 1957.

Seeing the pattern is part of the public domain, I'm hoping that someone knows where I can find the pattern for free.  Im not trying to be cheap or anything, but when patterns are part of public domain, i'm a little offended when people make reproductions of the patterns and sell them instead of sharing them for free.  After all they are part of the public domain and ive seen lots of older patterns that are public domain being offered fro free all over the internet.  Anyways, if someone knows where this public domain pattern can be found for free, or has a copy of the original magazine I would love to have the pattern.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012 11:59:21 AM by missmoppet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
Alexus1325
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012 02:44:52 PM »

You should join Ravelry! It's the fastest and easiest way to find patterns for yarn-works. I found this free knitting pattern from Woodvale Knits that looks quite similar to what you're looking for, especially when you go look at the other projects made with that pattern. And here's the direct link to the pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012 05:36:04 AM »

Yeah, i seen that version and have it saved to my computer.  I was kinda hoping to find the one in the picture.  As I had a pair like it as a wee child that a very old realitve made me.  I wish she was still alive so she could give met he pattern, but sadly she passed away many moons ago.  The sides were taller and the toe part wasnt sewn closed.  Thanks for the link anyways though. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012 04:31:07 PM »

You should check out the hopsalots pattern by Tiny Owl Knits on Ravelry. They're adorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

clementinefairy
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012 07:35:20 PM »

They look like granny slippers with ears, eyes and a nose sewn to them to me.

A basic granny slipper pattern can be found here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/aunt-maggies-slippers. A bunny ear pattern can be found here http://www.babycenter.com/0_knitting-pattern-bunny-beanie_1445260.bc You don't need a designated pattern if you're willing to put two together.

You should join Ravelry, it's awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
qiviut
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012 04:54:01 PM »

to me they look like TV slippers with bunny ears sewn on. You could get a pattern for the ears from any stuffed animal pattern if you can't figure it out yourself. There is a free pattern for TV slippers at http://www.freevintageknitting.com  then click on slippers

http://www.freevintageknitting.com/slipper-pattern/botany2/tv-slippers
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About the Life of Leonardo Da Vinci Part 2/3
Learn About the Life of Leonardo Da Vinci Part 1/3
How to Draw Dolphin Energy
How Ross Bleckner Addresses Aids In His Art
Ross Bleckner on His Own Mortality
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...