A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,686
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Virgo and a pair of sexy sweaters! *Pic Heavy*  (Read 1445 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Vecrutzi
« on: April 25, 2012 09:05:06 PM »

Hi guys!

I'm just finishing up my second year at fashion college in Toronto, and I thought I'd share some of the things I've been working on!

Craftster has been such a fun time, and has inspired me to keep sewing and creating even when I was exhausted, so I'm putting these up as a thank you, for all the support of the fantastic people on this forum Smiley

This was a project for a knitwear class, we had a week to be taught how to sew skirt/sweats/sweater or whatever it was, design our own interpretation of it, and hand a completed garment, pattern and technical sketch in the next week! Phew!

My lovely model is wearing a pair of biker shorts I also made underneath, since it really is a shirt. The fabric is a loose knit sweater fabric, with a gold thread running through.

This next one was also a knitwear project, where we had to make a boat neck sweater.

There are also small gold studs along the front neck and the cuff in place of buttons. And then the real drama is in the back!

A nice big cowl with gold chains strung across it! This is my personal favorite knitwear project, I wear it all the time, and it fits me, even though I'm double the size of my model! (She's a 6, I'm a 12)

This next one was for a contest I did at the start of school. 12 students were given the twelve signs of the zodiac, and we had to design and create an outfit with a $300 gift card from Fabricland.

This is Virgo!

All the skirt pieces were cut individually from a combination of organza, lace, tulle and chiffon; which were then hemmed and joined into the corset along with a super poufy petticoat. There are also inset bra-cups, because my runway model was lacking in the breast department.  It also had a bolero that went with it:

The jacket is essentially a bolero, with a giant ruffle.
If you really like it, and want to see the runway shots at the contest, or some of the other entries, you can go here:   http://www.catwalkcure.ca/photogalleries/pbalinksi.html

It's a slideshow on the companies website Smiley

Everything in this post was designed, drafted and sewn by me, so please ask my permission if you want to reproduce any of my work, and please don't sell copies of my garments.

If anybody would like to know how I did a specific thing, or a close-up of any details, I can add them in. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012 03:24:56 AM »

I love the shirt, it works so well on your lovely model. And the simple neckline complements the drapey hem beautifully.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
IsikkahJai
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012 06:43:14 AM »

These are fabulous!! The large ruffle bolero and white dress are classic with a modern twist and I love them! But my fave HAS to be the sweater with gold chains  Shocked DARLING! Exemplary work ^^

By the way....I went to the website and I LOVED watching the slide show!! There are quite a few pieces I wanted to reach through the screen and grab for myself! The red half sweater, some of those adorable corsets, the Bathing Suits!!! TO. DIE. FOR. *sigh* I love fashion Smiley
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012 06:55:25 AM by IsikkahJai » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MoonlitSun
Never stop believing. Stars never do.

We all need a little magic in our lives.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012 10:41:55 AM »

These are amazing! Would love to see close up shots of the gold thread in the first and studs in the second...or close ups of the virgo dress too Grin
Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a CHOCAHOLIC! Dare eat chocolate in front of me! xD
My Pinterest ^_^

Yay for personal swaps! Message me anytime ^_^
Currently looking for aida cloths! 14 or 20 count, or anything you can part with!
yani_arg
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012 03:10:05 PM »

I'm from Argentina I'm new, so I am using a translator to write, it may be that when you read it not too well written.

YOUR BEAUTIFUL WORK! the white dress is beautiful, congratulations, I hope someday to get me a dress so cute. I saw the page you left and also wonderful.

hopefully soon I can upload my humble little jobs.

saludos desde argentina
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lidehtium
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012 06:08:49 PM »

These are gorgeous!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create and Color Objects in Illustrator
How to Create and Color Objects in Illustrator Lesson 1
How to Navigate the Illustrator Interface Lesson 4
How to Navigate the Illustrator Interface Lesson 3
How to Navigate the Illustrator Interface Lesson 2
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...