A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,489
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Toy Box of Holding  (Read 728 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lord Ozwald
« on: April 13, 2012 09:19:03 PM »

I have a kid. A very playful 2 year old. This means I have toys. Lots of toys.

And I have a Rottweiler. A very mouthy 3 year old. This means nothing is safe. Nothing.

Two problems, one simple solution: A TOY BOX!

Third problem: Finding a toy box at a reasonable price that is an acceptable size (not a hope chest but not a shoe box) and decent quality (somewhere between compressed particle board and hardwood).

After a few months of watching my local Habitat for Humanities store, I came across this little chest. It's handmade, which I liked. It's sturdy, which I needed. And it was only $35, which I loved. And the added bonus- It fit in the back of my Echo, so I could get it home without stealing my husband's car!

With cans of primer and paint in hand, I rolled out the tarp and got started. Of course, I was way too excited and forgot to take a "before" picture. Let's just say it's got some rough spots and the paint job was very beat up.

The entire thing was bright blue while the lid was white. It really needed a facelift.

I decided on Rustoleum "Lagoon" in satin finish for the box. I actually start to run out of Lagoon before getting to the lid and bottom (which actually comes out of the box) so I grabbed an old can of Valspar "Black" gloss finish to do those sections. The Lagoon looks very blue in these pictures, but it's actually very teal. Whatever, it looks right in person.

I was horribly impatient about waiting for coats to dry so there were a few minor mishaps. But overall, the box looks great and now all of Tessa's stuffed animals are safe from the nomming jaws of Oz, a.k.a. Bo-Bo.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012 01:40:25 PM by Lord Ozwald » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MamaDolce6499
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012 01:20:54 PM »

Very awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raduclos
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012 10:00:06 PM »

I see Foofa and Brobee Smiley Very cute toy box!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lord Ozwald
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012 05:05:43 AM »

Yes, we have an interesting zoo of stuffed animals. Handmade Oogy Boogy, handmade pigs, 3/5 of the Yo Gabba Gabba crew, dragons, puppies, bears, Doodle Bears, hand puppets, most of the Sesame Street characters.... I think she's forgotten about a lot of them.

This reminds me that I should start sorting through her toys again to remove what she doesn't play with or has outgrown.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold an Origami Six Piece Lotus Flower
How to Fold an Origami Box with a Lid
How to Fold a Paper Football
Christmas Origami - Folding a Dove
How to Fold an Origami Turkey
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...