A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,369
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Movie Knits  (Read 92610 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hgflower

happiness is a bowl of noodles :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: April 03, 2006 11:50:39 AM »

haha, glad to know i wasn't the only one who got all teary eyed. i'm such a sucker for this show!!
i loved that meredith looked like she was actually trying to knit too, and how izzy actually looked like she knits all the time. makes me wonder if the actress who plays izzy knew how to knit before this show.. haha, i just liked the fact that meredith was knitting with like the throwing method, even though the yarn was in her left hand. hehe, so sad.. i still look like that when i knit  Tongue but it gets the job done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
favorite new song w/video! onerepublic - apologize
musicmob
have random thoughts? send them my way!
taylorkay
« Reply #361 on: April 03, 2006 01:46:41 PM »

Ah, I was CRACKING UP during "Grey's Anatomy"! I actually didn't think the sweater Izzy gave Denny was actually one she knit, she kind of rolled her eyes when she gave it to him, I think it was just one she bought.

Anyway, it made me so happy to see them knitting, even if Mer was doing it so badly. Haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FunkyKristen

karaoke goddess :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: April 03, 2006 01:59:04 PM »

i was randomly wondering is someone had a thread about grey's.... i was knitting during the show so it was pretty funny to see the characters doing the same. Smiley
even though i'm a fairly new knitter, i also noticed that meredith had the yarn in the wrong hand for the method she was using. she either didn't know or was doing it to act like she didn't know how to do it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 03, 2006 02:43:59 PM »

even though i'm a fairly new knitter, i also noticed that meredith had the yarn in the wrong hand for the method she was using. she either didn't know or was doing it to act like she didn't know how to do it.

Bingo! That's what was bothering me about her knitting! I couldn't place it until you said that. Now I understand why it looked so weird to me! Sigh of relief.

Emms Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

subloke
« Reply #364 on: April 03, 2006 02:46:57 PM »

The way she was holding her yarn and throwing is how my friend (a new-ish knitter) does.  She says her mom taught her that way and it's some norwegian/scandanavian thing...  whether that's the case or not, i don't know.  It always looks so awkward to me but she gets good results, so...  I always tell her, "If you are producing a knit stitch and you are happy with how it looks, then you are not doing it wrong."

They were both using fairly big needles, so, theoretically an intermediate/fast knitter could produce a man's plain sweater in a day, but, Izzy must have some other responsibilities in the hospital, right?  And, where was her pattern?  And, where were her knitting supplies?

(is this what trekkies/trekkers or whatever they want to be called go through when there is something improbable in an episode?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't be a good example then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

http://yesimadethat.blogspot.com
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 03, 2006 02:50:34 PM »

They were both using fairly big needles, so, theoretically an intermediate/fast knitter could produce a man's plain sweater in a day, but, Izzy must have some other responsibilities in the hospital, right?  And, where was her pattern?  And, where were her knitting supplies?

(is this what trekkies/trekkers or whatever they want to be called go through when there is something improbable in an episode?)

LOL... this makes me think of my trekkie mom!

Can you really make a sweater in 24hrs? I would love to see that pattern....

Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

subloke
« Reply #366 on: April 03, 2006 03:03:39 PM »

Can you really make a sweater in 24hrs? I would love to see that pattern...

I think it would be possible in the right conditions.  I've knit all of the pieces of a cardigan on US10.5's over about 36 hours one weekend when I was sick.  I knit a raglan sleeved all in the round sweater in a few evenings (on US 10s).  I think you could do it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't be a good example then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

http://yesimadethat.blogspot.com
arsenic_girl
« Reply #367 on: April 03, 2006 03:13:01 PM »

i totally thought of this thread while watching grey's last night.
It wouldn't even be a 24 hour sweater, more like an 8 hour sweater, as she probably doesn't work 24 hours in a row. (or maybe up to 12 hours, who knows about those crazy doctors)

Plus her needing to do her job. I'm saying that the public's misconceptions about knitting strikes again.

My mom definitely laughed at me because I was knitting while watching the show as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hgflower

happiness is a bowl of noodles :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: April 03, 2006 04:39:05 PM »

definitely less than 24 hrs since she wore the completed sweater for 3 hrs so it would smell like her Smiley i'm so sad that it's going to be another 3 weeks until the next new episode
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
favorite new song w/video! onerepublic - apologize
musicmob
have random thoughts? send them my way!
FunkyKristen

karaoke goddess :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: April 03, 2006 04:46:37 PM »

definitely less than 24 hrs since she wore the completed sweater for 3 hrs so it would smell like her Smiley i'm so sad that it's going to be another 3 weeks until the next new episode

i almost forgot about that part! Smiley i think i was trying to calculate it in my head at that point, along with you all.

The way she was holding her yarn and throwing is how my friend (a new-ish knitter) does.  She says her mom taught her that way and it's some norwegian/scandanavian thing...  whether that's the case or not, i don't know.  It always looks so awkward to me but she gets good results, so...  I always tell her, "If you are producing a knit stitch and you are happy with how it looks, then you are not doing it wrong."

true. if it looks knit, don't knock it. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How an Art Mentor Affects the Development of an Artist
Architect Winka Dubbeldam in London
UberPrints Review
Lee Mindel on His Creative Process
Developments In Architecture Today
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...