A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,599
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Movie Knits  (Read 83694 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

geek-pride

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: December 20, 2005 02:56:04 PM »

There should be therapy for the knit obsessed.  Undecided

I had a dream involving a cute movie star the other day and all I could think about were the great knitted items he was wearing! (fair-isle vest, flip-top mittens and inca hat)

I told my friend about it and she couldn't stop laughing because she pictured me tearing all his clothes off and then ... running off with them yelling "Mine! Mine! All mine!"  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mims
« Reply #311 on: December 29, 2005 10:27:43 AM »

Don't feel guilty spudsayhi. We all do it. I went to see HP & the Goblet of Fire and spent most of the time wishing the Weasleys would stand still so I could get a good look at their hats, scarves and pullovers/sweaters/jumpers.

Me too!  I was admiring Ginny's sage green hoodie with the rainbow tassles.  Also, Hermione wears some lovely fair isle sweaters.  I was a tiny bit sad that the whole S.P.E.W. thing was omitted from the film, I was really looking forward to Hermione's misshapen knit hats for houselves.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Les reves sont necessaire a la vie
tejer
« Reply #312 on: December 29, 2005 02:10:30 PM »

Has anyone seen King Kong? I love the grey cloche that Naomi Watts wears in the movie. Anyone know of similar patterns to help me copy it?

Here's a not great pic of it: http://www.cinemazone.dk/images/image8647.JPG
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005 02:15:56 PM by tejer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Duckie

Fifty-seven academics just punched the air.

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 29, 2005 05:10:26 PM »

I believe Eunny Jang (of See Eunny Knit) is making a felted one. You could try to persuade her to post a pattern when she's done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sappmama
« Reply #314 on: January 03, 2006 10:58:51 PM »

Anyone seen the movie Hope Springs, with Colin Firth, Minnie Driver and Heather Graham?  It's based on a book by the same novelist who wrote The Graduate.  It's a cute rental (and an even better freebie from the library).  I think it went straight to video.  Anyhow, Heather Graham's character wears the cutest striped scarf.  It's colorful and goes with anything.  I'd love to make one but I can't figure out the stitch.  Looks like garter but I think I'd do stockinette in the round.

If anyone's seen or sees it, give a shout.

Oh, here's a link to a not-so-great pic from the film:  http://movies.about.com/library/weekly/blhopespringspicsc.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pavlova
« Reply #315 on: January 08, 2006 06:24:26 AM »

the scarf looks far simpler than you imagine; it's just a stocking stitch scarf (the tell tale sign is that the edges curl around). just deciphering the appropriate colours is probably more difficult
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pavlovasworld.blogspot.com
my irregularly updated blog.
sappmama
« Reply #316 on: January 10, 2006 12:47:00 PM »

Impossible to tell in the photo, I thought stockinette, too, but in the movie it looks like a more textured stitch, not exactly even garter.  Anyhow.  Thanks for the comment.  Think I'll just do stockinette as a tube.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgflower

happiness is a bowl of noodles :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: January 16, 2006 11:08:47 PM »

on grey's anatomy last night, lauren tom guest stared and she was knitting what i'm only assuming is a scarf, and all i could think was.. what a pretty green!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
favorite new song w/video! onerepublic - apologize
musicmob
have random thoughts? send them my way!
staralee
l'etoile

mmmm...koolaid yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: January 17, 2006 05:30:11 PM »

I noticed that too! There  was a knitting wife a couple of episodes ago, too...someone on the set must knit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bravenewcara
« Reply #319 on: January 18, 2006 03:58:43 PM »

I just scanned through this entire forum, and nobody's mentioned my favorite knitting scene in a movie ever, Spirited Away.  Zeniba is knitting while talking to Chihiro, and Baby (as a hamster) and the bird and No-Face are spinning the wool as she knits.  Later, she is teaching Baby, the Bird, and No-Face how to knit.  It's adorable!

Also, I think somebody mentioned Degrassi a while back.  There's an episode where Emma meets her father (who's brain-damaged from taking acid and jumping off of a bridge, if you've seen the orginal series), and he starts to freak out a couple times and they give him knitting to calm down!  Ahh, is there anything knitting isn't good for?

-cara
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'm blue-ue-ue-ue-ue, doobedoobedoobedoo.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The History of Cuban Art - Part 1/2
Karel Funk - Artist Profile
David Altmejd Profile
Vik Muniz - Artist Profile
Simon Fleming - Artist Profile
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...