A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,767
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Movie Knits  (Read 86670 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Riddikulus
« Reply #440 on: December 16, 2006 11:33:21 PM »

Is it bad that the only reason I want to see the new movie "The Holiday" with Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz is that in the previews there appear to be a lot of knits?  Cameron Diaz wears a gorgeous white cabled hat and sweater. 
Ha Ha -- I can't imagine any other reason to see it!!

two words: jude law.

and the knits WERE really great. i found myself wanting most of the sweaters kate winslet wore.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artteacher
« Reply #441 on: December 17, 2006 04:00:27 AM »

Just watched ELF for one of my holiday movies at home.. and noticed that the girl (Buddy's love interest and her name escapes me at the moment).. towards the end of the movie-- where she starts singing alone and the crowd slowly joins in w/ her..

SHE is wearing a neat looking white cabled knit hat.. Seemed really long and very nice. 

I'd love to be able to figure that hat out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got a brand new blog:  *I'm one with the masses now!

*Life and adventues of an American living overseas who finds time to knit every now and then.
http://iwouldratherbeknitting.blogspot.com/
rainagrey
« Reply #442 on: December 25, 2006 09:50:18 PM »

Hi all!!  I'm sure a whole bunch of people here saw the movie like I did (love love love me some Gael Garcia Bernal).  Apart from him though, did anybody see the dress that Stephanie wears to the bar??  It's like this knitted aran mini and it's freakin GORGEOUS!!  I've been searching the web frantically for pics of it ever since I saw the movie . . . does anybody have any idea?  Holy crap do I want to make one of those so bad!
xoxoxoxo,
rainagrey
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #443 on: December 25, 2006 10:45:18 PM »

Is that a glimpse of it in the trailer?  When Charlotte Gainsbourg (the actress for Stephanie) is dancing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katevsmothra
« Reply #444 on: December 26, 2006 12:27:22 AM »

I've never been too crazy about knit dresses, but that one was gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinytuna
« Reply #445 on: December 26, 2006 10:19:18 AM »

if you have the dvd if its out you can take your own screenshots.  google for free programs.  or, you can just pause on that frame until you see what you want.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainagrey
« Reply #446 on: December 26, 2006 07:35:02 PM »

Thanks for all of the good ideas!!!  I'll see what I can come up with and report back here  Shocked Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainagrey
« Reply #447 on: December 26, 2006 10:04:39 PM »

Ooo, found it in the trailer.  Here we go:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/warner_independent_pictures/thescienceofsleep/large.html

It looks kind of simple actually now that I get a better look at it.  The sizing and shaping of it might be a real pain in the ass though. *ponders*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
low_budget_diva
« Reply #448 on: January 01, 2007 07:18:42 PM »

I don't think this one has been mentioned: has anyone seen the Pedro Almodovar film Volver? There are some amazing sweaters in that film. I feel like I have to go see it again because it was too hard to read subtitles and scope out sweater patterns at the same time! If I can find pics I'll post links.

Okay, so here's one of Penelope Cruz's lace-patterned green sweater--gorgeous!:
http://www.cinempire.com/multimedia/volver/photos/42.html
And here's a really cute red lace pattern (warning: she's holding a bloody knife in this pic): http://outnow.ch/Movies/2006/Volver/img/movie.fs/10?w=1400&h=928
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007 07:31:15 PM by low_budget_diva » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When you are forty-two years old and you have five children, it's a slippery slope into sweatpants and a minivan. So I just don't go there."--Laura Bennett, Project Runway
cnp71201
« Reply #449 on: January 03, 2007 09:33:29 AM »

Is it bad that the only reason I want to see the new movie "The Holiday" with Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz is that in the previews there appear to be a lot of knits?  Cameron Diaz wears a gorgeous white cabled hat and sweater. 

I just saw that movie, and I loved that sweater, too. Is it a Delphine Wilson design? Looks like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Cucumber Raita
How to Make a Mongolian Cabbage Salad
At Home with our Mongolian Chef Odnoo Celik
How to Make Mongolian Buuz Dumplings
How to Make Chinese Beef and Tomatoes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...