A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 304,845
Currently Running With Scissors:
376 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Movie Knits  (Read 85813 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Calysa
I heart Anegada

~ will craft for peanuts ~

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: January 03, 2007 12:02:14 PM »

Just watched ELF for one of my holiday movies at home.. and noticed that the girl (Buddy's love interest and her name escapes me at the moment).. towards the end of the movie-- where she starts singing alone and the crowd slowly joins in w/ her..

SHE is wearing a neat looking white cabled knit hat.. Seemed really long and very nice. 

I'd love to be able to figure that hat out.

I love that hat!  I haven't been able to find a good picture of it anywhere. I'll have to watch the movie again to see if I can get a clear shot of it.  Isn't her name Jovie?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistake?  No... it's an Unexpected Design Element.  I put it there on purpose.  *ahem*
tricotar

vou fazer voce tricotar...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #451 on: January 08, 2007 11:11:12 AM »

I don't think this one has been mentioned: has anyone seen the Pedro Almodovar film Volver? There are some amazing sweaters in that film.

Those gorgeous lacey Spanish sweaters are amazing!  And not just on Penelope Cruz, it seems that all the women in the movie are wearing them, and in Almodovar colors of course. If you find any similar patterns, please post...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
low_budget_diva
« Reply #452 on: January 08, 2007 08:03:09 PM »

I'm still trying to find a movie still of Penelope Cruz wearing this purple short-, puff-sleeved cardigan. Soooo cute. I will post whenever I come across the pic. I will definitely post if I find similar patterns!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When you are forty-two years old and you have five children, it's a slippery slope into sweatpants and a minivan. So I just don't go there."--Laura Bennett, Project Runway
april_cocaine
« Reply #453 on: January 09, 2007 10:41:50 AM »

I couldn't find this one...i'd love a hat like Susanna wears in Girl, Interrupted. She wears it during the scene where they're buying icecream.
it's like a grey beret thing, it's just so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crnaofca
« Reply #454 on: January 09, 2007 03:16:25 PM »

I don't think this one has been mentioned: has anyone seen the Pedro Almodovar film Volver? There are some amazing sweaters in that film. I feel like I have to go see it again because it was too hard to read subtitles and scope out sweater patterns at the same time! If I can find pics I'll post links.

Okay, so here's one of Penelope Cruz's lace-patterned green sweater--gorgeous!:
http://www.cinempire.com/multimedia/volver/photos/42.html
And here's a really cute red lace pattern (warning: she's holding a bloody knife in this pic): http://outnow.ch/Movies/2006/Volver/img/movie.fs/10?w=1400&h=928

well, i haven't mentioned the name of the movie, but i've posted links to photos of these cardigans, and i would love to see a better photo of this cardi. pattern on that red cardi reminds of this
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Candy doesn't have to have a point. That's why it's candy.
~~~~~~
Will knit for PJ pants:) PM me:)
~~~~~~
Anyone interested in swapping Steve Jackson's "Munchkin" custom cards?
low_budget_diva
« Reply #455 on: January 10, 2007 10:04:15 AM »

well, i haven't mentioned the name of the movie, but i've posted links to photos of these cardigans, and i would love to see a better photo of this cardi. pattern on that red cardi reminds of this

Wow, it's exactly the same isn't it? I am still hunting for better pics. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When you are forty-two years old and you have five children, it's a slippery slope into sweatpants and a minivan. So I just don't go there."--Laura Bennett, Project Runway
redheadedali

I don't know what that means. - Brennan

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 10, 2007 07:49:49 PM »

I pretty much loved all the costumes in Dreamgirls, but there were some great sweaters in particular that caught my attention. Granted, they also looked to be machine knit (seriously fine guage), but still... cool. There were also some crocheted items in there that looked to be hand done (a couple of afghans and a cap Eddie Murphy wears in one scene).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This is why I suggested attack dogs, but no, my mother wanted an alpaca.- Logan, Veronica Mars

http://redheadedali.livejournal.com
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #457 on: January 10, 2007 09:57:02 PM »

I haven't seen the movie, but looking at movie stills from Dreamgirls, I can see the knitting possibilities.  A lot of vintage patterns were knit in really fine gauge, so I would look for actual patterns from the era.  "Period" pieces are usually pretty accurate, so I wouldn't be surprised if you could find patterns for a lot of that stuff.  You might not want to knit them once you find them (A sweater in fingering weight?  My fingers ache just thinking about it!) but I bet you could come pretty close for style.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
crnaofca
« Reply #458 on: January 11, 2007 03:55:52 AM »

Wow, it's exactly the same isn't it? I am still hunting for better pics. Thanks!

i totally want that pattern, i have never made a cardi before, but if you find a pattern, i sure will:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Candy doesn't have to have a point. That's why it's candy.
~~~~~~
Will knit for PJ pants:) PM me:)
~~~~~~
Anyone interested in swapping Steve Jackson's "Munchkin" custom cards?
Calysa
I heart Anegada

~ will craft for peanuts ~

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 14, 2007 12:08:09 PM »

I just saw Sweet November on tv today... Charlize Theron is knitting and wears a lot of (what appear to be) hand-knits, many of which can be seen in the movie trailer.  I want her coral colored shawl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistake?  No... it's an Unexpected Design Element.  I put it there on purpose.  *ahem*
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Insta-Makeover: The Perfect Makeup Style for Almond Shaped Eyes
How to Do Your Makeup in 5 Minutes
How to Wear Lace in Sumer
Can This Argan-Oil Cream Give Us Three Times The Volume?
How to Get the Most Thorough Pedicure of Your Life
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...