A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 304,842
Currently Running With Scissors:
451 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Love Cats or Dogs Swap GALLERY!  (Read 19266 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wendiek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2012 04:47:53 AM »

Are you ready for some more Cats-loving-lovelyness??? WOOHOO!! Sorry, picture overload  Grin

Even the envelope looks so good:

The amazing fiddlegirl8 sent my boys their own "grow your own magic towel" with a submarine on it. I had to rip it out of their hands to take a picture:

And also cute flower cloth spins and a nice ice cream card.

She also sent me the best spoilage (it's not even mothers day yet) Look, neither cats nor dogs related, but still great:

It includes: 3 sorts of fabric, perle cotton, raffia and 2 long doll needles... Isn't that just great? I love those pumpkins!!

Now we're going to have a look at what fiddle crafted....
The cutest cat-tote-bag ever! The cat has a little bell, so sweet (I love little bells you know) and my oldest said he wants to have that bag! In real it is more bright, unfortunately the weather is rainy here so bad light.

And a closer look at that adorable cat:

The seams are all those fancy French seams, so neat!

And another cat bag!! Such a spiffy cat pouch! The combination of the cats and the mice fabric is so funny! And clever. Look:

Isn't that great?? And a shot of the back side, with a pocket:

Oh, fiddle, you ROCK!! I knew that before, but I want to make sure every one else knows it too  Grin

Did I say thank you?? THANKS!! or dankjewel!!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012 04:50:11 AM by wendiek » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2012 05:07:44 AM »

Wonderful package, fiddlegirl8! Of course I love the beautiful bags you made--the fabric choices are fantastic, and they are expertly sewn!--but the little details are what really elevate this (and all your swap packages) into the realm of greatness! I'm talking about the little gifts for Wendie's boys, and the clothespin and tag on the pumpkin kit...so personal, so nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
susanab
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2012 05:43:48 AM »

WowI love absolutely everything in this gallery!

New packages that arrived:
--those paw print cards are SO STINKING CUTE and I love that you stamped on the hoop, Mlookyloo1. I love the necklace and I am sure that you will get many compliments wearing that, kjbaloo.

--nice package, pjr107! PurplePaisley, you can, like, open up a cat toy store now! I really like the fabric on the tote. So feline : )

--Mycutezombies is indeed a spoiler! Those buttons are so cute and I do not think a poop bag was every that artistic. I love the octopus! Cat/Dog book coziesall wonderful, really! You are over the top!

--fiddlegirl8 also doing the spoilage thing. The pumpkin kit is wowwhere do you find these things? Yes, the toteincredible. I love those fabrics, I love that catwonderful! Beautiful! The cat and mice toteawesome. You find, truly, the best fabrics on the planet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2012 08:23:20 AM »

Wendiek, Leslie and Susan - I'm blushing,  Smiley  but thanks so much - I love to send swap packages, can you tell?  This was a really fun swap and I learned a thing or two!  Like it is not cost prohibitive AT ALL to send packages to other lands!  This package to Wendie didn't cost much more than if I send within the U.S., and wow, delivery was fast to Wendie -- I mailed out on Friday (3 days late from send out!), and it arrived within five days, that's pretty amazing, also considering there was a weekend in there!  I now know I can send more in a package - I'm not afraid to sign up for "out of my country" swap partners, YAY!  Cheesy

I was inspired by wendiek's pinterest for the tote bag - there was a similar one on her wist, but it had probably 10 different fabrics sewn in strips - with a cute kitty on all fours with a beaded necklace.  Try as I might, I could not draw a cute kitty with four legs on the floor, so I went through patterns and found the orange kitty cutout, as an accessory with a doll pattern.  CUTE!  I made all the seams on the tote French seams, so the tote would remain intact and not fray, and I didn't have to line it - all  neat and tidy!  Love that!

The other bag is a shoulder bag - this is my new favorite pattern, since making my first one a "sock monkey" bag for susanab in the IYP swap we were in together.

As for the Pumpkin Making Kit, one of my top three quilt shops (local) designed this pattern a couple of years ago - and they had a fall special for several months where if you bought 5 fat quarters, you got the pattern free.  I bought so many fat quarters that particular day I was there, I got three free patterns.  So, the Pumpkin Making Kit for wendiek was born - it's not dog and cat related, but it's an extra so I think it's okay if it doesn't fit exactly with the theme.  

I'm fortunate that the quilt shops I frequent most often had lots of cat fabrics to choose from - I did buy several others, for more "cat" partners I might get!  And the bright colored fabrics on the tote are all from JoAnn's, I think - I buy fabric every time I see one I like, so I cannot be sure of all the fabrics' origin.  This fabric hoarding affliction I have is awful - I had to run to JoAnn's this past weekend to get some interfacing, and found a whole new line of fabrics I think I need.  I don't - my cup runneth over with fabrics.  

Okay - enough from me - thanks everyone for your compliments - to say I'm pleased that Wendie is so happy is an understatement.  I really do get more pleasure out of my partners' reactions upon receiving, than I do receiving myself.     Smiley  And next time wendiek and I swap (and there will be more swaps between us!!), I will know I can send more fun stuff for her boys!  I like that part of swapping too!    Cool
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012 09:41:15 AM by fiddlegirl8 - Reason: spelling » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2012 08:30:44 AM »

PS - I copied that clothes pin and tag idea from LimeRiot!  Loved it when she did it, and had to be a copy-cat.  I used markers to decorate this clothes pin, but I intend to get some Elmers tape or some paints to do more.  I was fortunate to get those little tags on sale at JoAnn's about three years ago!  I think they're from the Martha Stewart partyware line.   Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PurplePaisley
« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2012 10:41:47 AM »

love that bag and pouch. Super cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fancybutch

« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2012 04:33:27 PM »

I received a wonderful package today from Susanab!
It's really so sweet, and perfect for me.

First two cat toys with organic catnip, I had some trouble photographing them because my cats Max and Maisie were all over me trying to get at them lol!

Here are the toys in the brief moment I kept Max at bay.  Great fabric!

and here's Max licking his wildly with glassy eyes of joy, and Maisie rubbing her cheek against hers on the floor lol!

definitely a hit with them and me!

Then a great wallet with snap in the best fabric, cats in space!  I LOVE space and cats, and this is so ME!  plus three great buttons.  Also I am so glad you made me sewn items because I really can't sew at all.

Two reversible fabric cat coasters, here's one showing each side.  There are very cool, just excellent.

Finally the best item ever, RAINBOW KITTY!  Soft and rainbow and sweet and chubby, I think this is just perfect and what I wanted most was a cool kitty stuffy.  Oh and she has a maple leaf in one hand and wears her heart out on her chest!

I love her mismatched eyes and goofy smile too.

Susan this was a fabulous package and I really love the items so much.  You did a fabulous job making things that were just right for me!  It's very special and I am so so happy.  Also my kitties are very happy Smiley

thank you thank you thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2012 04:57:57 PM »

That is indeed a great package from Susan! I'm laughing at how silly Max looks, and they both clearly love their toys! I love the buttons, and the wallet, but most of all, the super cute rainbow kitty! Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
susanab
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2012 06:31:40 PM »

Oh fancy butch you have made my day/week/month! I'm running around interrupting the family to look at max and maisie! Ahhhh hahaha! My toes are curling in delight at those pictures. Oh they are great great cats and I'm so happy that you like everything. You were a fantastic partner and it was a blast crafting for you and your kits!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2012 06:58:12 PM »

I love that package susanab sent fancybutch!  That Max looks dangerously protective of his new toy - behind those eyes, "DON'T even THINK about taking this away from me!"   I like the fabrics you chose, Susan - I'm not the only one who finds great fabrics - YOU DO TOO!  Really like that wallet and the kitty-cat stuffie - Nice haul, fancybutch!   Cheesy  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
More Hair Stuff for Photoshop
Selectively Colorize an Image Part 2
Digital Makeup - Lenoir Lashes - Part 2
Macho Makeover - Introduction Part 2
Match Color in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...