A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
389 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Retro Dining Room Decor w/ Lots'a Photos!!!!  (Read 9401 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MeShellRene

Proper planning prevents poor performance

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2005 12:14:33 PM »

I have been working on the red cabinet in the corner for ever and we finally got done restoring it and moved it up to the dining room. It matched really well with all the other retro red in there! I just couldn't be more happy with it. Plus its really neat to have it in our first house cause my mom and dad had it in their first house too!!!

The table we got for $80 at a local Goodwill and the chairs I got for $10 each at The Salvation Army, I still have one more to finish. The Microwave cart I picked up at an antique store downtown (Omaha, NE) for $25. So Total this room cost me about $180 with all the material and paint for the cabinet.

Here's the Kitchen I really haven't started that room yet, I think we'll paint it red with maybe a black and white check border around the countertops.
I'll have to post picture when I finished with that too.

I'm kinda stumped on what color to paint the dining room walls. Originally we wanted an olive green color but I think that'll look too much like Christmas. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Oh our living room is directly in front of the dining room (kinda behind where the dining room photo was taken) so the one wall runs the entire width of the house and our living room furniture is black leather if that helps.

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spoonerism
gabriella.

gabriella

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005 12:17:44 PM »

very cool and so retro! i like it a lot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quack
the wooley duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005 01:47:14 PM »

I think if you get a nice sage color, that it would look really great with the red. I'm actually thinking of going with something similar. If the green is pale enough and not dark piney Christmas green it should be fine. Otherwise I think orange or neutral tan kind of color might look nice. I adore all your finds. what color was the cabinet originally, when your parents were using it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MeShellRene

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005 02:07:23 PM »

it was a cream color but it had a bunch of rust on it so there was no way to keep the original color, although when I was sanding the inside of the door it looked as though it had been red before b/c under the cream was a red color but then again it could have just been the metal too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aspenglow
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005 01:13:11 PM »

I love retro red things Smiley I think a nice golden color goes well with the red, if you decide against green.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jaami
was born with roses in her eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005 06:59:19 PM »

I love your cabinet Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been away from the site going through lots of medical testing. If I have not wrote you or mailed something, please understand that my concerns right now are my health and I will send things asap!

Please DO NOT COPY the toys, drawings or stickers I make. They're copyrighted!
squeaky-queen
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005 07:22:47 AM »

Great job, what a cool style.  You've coordinated things beautifully.  It doesn't hurt that you've got a gorgeous-looking house to begin with Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MeShellRene

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005 07:34:58 AM »

Thanks so much for all the compliments! I've been struggling with the color options for the living room/ dining room/ kitchen. Here is what I think I'm gonna do as far as paint. (it's photoshoped)
I'd like to paint a black and white check border above the countertops, or stencil or maybe a paper border it all depends on what I can find at the store.

We got a photo from Lowes in there paint section that had green walls and white trim with black leather furniture and though it would look great in our house but it has become a challenge to mix the red and green. What do you think of the color placement?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
monkeyslut666
ModgEpOdGeWhOrEEEEE

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005 09:17:12 PM »

i dig it!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ape~
junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005 09:27:46 PM »

I love it! All of it! I work in an ice cream shop and we sell the chrome tables and chairs. I have reupholsterd ten chairs in the past three months! We can ohnly find the cracked ice vinyl in the US so it's pricey for us to get but oh so worth it!
People absolutely love looking at it and watching me sweat my guts out doing the chiars!
I love your whole concept that you have going! ANd that popcorn cart is adorable!! Can you tell me where you got it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Blend Colors Together Using Oil Paints
How to Paint a Portrait with Oils Using a Photo
How to Prepare a Canvas for Oil Painting
How to Mix Oil Paint Colors
How to Use a Palette Knife to Apply Oil Paint
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Belted Chair Seat
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Skirt
Who? Who Loves Owls?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...