A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 304,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Swap Round 9 :: CLOSED! Send Out #1 May 25  (Read 24817 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

OrangeKnickers
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2012 12:44:12 AM »

I've been away from Craftster for a long time, and have been popping in for the last month or so, looking for a swap to suck me back in.  This may be the one.  I love swapping, and miss it, but I've never done a long swap like this before.  I'm intimidated, but I've gone through the last few MAF galleries and threads and think this may be a good fit.  I'll have to think on it, but I'm tempted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist list

Will do private swaps for keys, cogs, and steampunk goodness.
AttieNichole

Welcoming Spring!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2012 04:49:49 AM »

For those in this swap, what is everyone currently working on to pass the time between getting partners?  I don't know if anyone in this swap crochets often, but I recently decided to make some can cozies for a booth in the Relay for Life this year to help raise money for the American Cancer Society.  At first I was going to do all lavender (awareness color for all cancers) but decided to make 10 of each cancer awareness color.  So far I've made 83 in about three weeks (with a full-time job).  I'm finally reaching the midpoint!  I finished today's "quota" and figured I would share with the group.  I'm curious as to whether anyone else has any neat projects they are currently working on, and to get us all talking about what interests us Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

attienichole.etsy.com
ecozombie.etsy.com
pinterest.com/aimeetraveler
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2012 04:58:40 AM »

Attie, that's a wonderful fundraiser idea!

I've been on a crochet kick as well. I'm in the Dishcloth swap so I've been crocheting like mad woman these past couple of days.  I decided after finishing up my partner's goodies, I'm going to make dish cloths for my mother and mother-in-law for Mother's Day. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2012 07:47:30 AM »

I've been finishing my items for the spell my name swap and my current wip is a funky knitted scarf. Yes, I know, it's getting warmer, but I really love the yarn I just bought and it just screamed "make me into a scarf!" so I am! Cheesy

I've also been brainstorming and gathering some of my favorites for package one. I've even ordered one of my very favorite things to include. We'll see what makes it into the box when we get partners. I am really excited for this swap. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
indigo_roses
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2012 10:04:46 AM »

Attie, that sounds like a great thing to do! I hope they raise lots of money!

I've been working on a few projects. I'm crocheting an afghan for a friend's wedding, knitting my first sock, participating in the cushion cover swap, and working on stock for my eventual STS shop. I've been thinking about joining for the past few months, and now I think I've finally got a decent selection of items to open with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2012 10:42:22 AM »

I'm jealous indigo! I've been wanting to try crocheting socks but haven't had the time. Maybe this summer, I'll dive in. Are you using any specific resources? Smiley

I do have a swap related question since this is my first MaF. The first package that is sent out is about Me or my Partner? Smiley

I do love the options on Package 2! I love writing up tutorials and making DIY kits. I just hope I have a craft that I can share.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rubylynns
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2012 11:07:45 AM »

I am in the Mommy read to me swap and I'm going to start the hunger games round 2 swap up soon.  I need to get busy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ratfinkz

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2012 11:28:43 AM »

Im learning to needlefelt atm - and have just finished up making 5 button tree hoops for the sweat shoppe swap.

Have just sent in my questionnaire - realy keeping everything crossed for a uk partner to swap with,
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2012 01:15:09 PM »

I do have a swap related question since this is my first MaF. The first package that is sent out is about Me or my Partner? Smiley

The New Package 1
This is a scavenger hunt and it's all about YOU. Pick 2 items from each of the four categories for a total of 8 items.  Each item must be about YOU and it must be equivalent to a "small" sized item.  Small = $3 or less / 1 hour or less crafting time. All items may be store bought EXCEPT: Craft it.  

From what I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong DV) is that package 1 is all about you - so your partner gets to know you. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
HolaKitty

The nectar of life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2012 01:17:59 PM »

Everyone seems to be up to such interesting stuff at the minute! I just finished the makeup bag swap and am currently waiting to start making stuff for the fitness swap, however I'm going to be very pushed for time because I just found out that I've been accepted as an ambassador (fancy word for volunteer) for the London 2012 Olympics so I've got 2 full Saturdays worth of training coming up that I totally need to be spending crafting instead so I think I'll be pulling some long nights! I'm stoked though because I have some really good ideas for gym gear Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it.

Blog: http://kaylascraftstall.blogspot.com/
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KaylasCraftStall
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/kaylatab/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Perfect 5 Minute Brows
How to Fake a Full Eyebrow
Tricks That Prevent Your Hair Color from Fading
Brow Makeover With Kelley Baker: Growing Out Your Brows
Beauty Expert Shares Surprising Summer Factors That Can Cause Wrinkles
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...