A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 301,508
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Journal for a month swap Round 2 - Sign up April 11-30. Send out June 14  (Read 25802 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

seeuudee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2012 10:12:36 PM »

Cool! How many pages are you putting in? Or are you going to add them as you go along?

Each signature has 3 sheets folded in half, so 6 pages or 12 sides. Currently thinking about 4 signatures. Going to stitch the journal first this time - tried doing it after with the journal I just completed and it makes it so much harder!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oodelally

Absence makes the heart grow fonder xo

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2012 12:08:36 AM »

Cool! How many pages are you putting in? Or are you going to add them as you go along?

Each signature has 3 sheets folded in half, so 6 pages or 12 sides. Currently thinking about 4 signatures. Going to stitch the journal first this time - tried doing it after with the journal I just completed and it makes it so much harder!

Does anyone else find that when you fold the signatures the inner pages stick out more? Is there a trick to stop this happening? (For the OCD person inside me Wink ). For this particular journal I'm going to try and relax and not let things like that bother me though Tongue (The above is for future reference Wink )

I've been adding to my "Wreck this Journal" by Keri Smith, and it's helping me let go of perfection Tongue ... I've even thrown it out of a 4 story window!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~

Can you send me joker playing cards? I am working on a big project Cheesy
My Pinterest | My Blog
bacettox

vivir con miedo es como vivir a medias

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2012 03:14:38 AM »

I am attempting to make my journal! It's the first time I've ever done this though so if all goes pear shaped I might have to buy one instead!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2012 04:59:01 AM »

I'm making my journal from watercolor paper. I'm not sure about the size at the moment, but I split a sheet in half. I may add some other kinds of paper, but the watercolor paper will be my starting point. I think I'll do my pages and will probably use japanese stab binding to put it together after. That's the plan for now, at least.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2012 05:29:12 AM »

I've been adding to my "Wreck this Journal" by Keri Smith, and it's helping me let go of perfection Tongue ... I've even thrown it out of a 4 story window!!

Oooh, I want one of them! I've been hanging out for one for ages. But the closest "real" books shops are in Melbourne.

I caved and sent in my deets. Full of links, though most of them are on my Pinterest anyway.

Now I'm off to look into book binding (and likely pick up a new obsession). Oh, and stalk you all on Pinterest  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seeuudee

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2012 05:43:14 AM »

Does anyone else find that when you fold the signatures the inner pages stick out more? Is there a trick to stop this happening? (For the OCD person inside me Wink ). For this particular journal I'm going to try and relax and not let things like that bother me though Tongue (The above is for future reference Wink )

I only have this problem if the paper is thicker than average or I use too many sheets in one signature. I have found that three sheets seems to be about right for me. Having said that, I never make "normal" journals, I turn pages on an angle, or fold them to make pockets!! If all your pages are at different angles, the inner pages sticking out becomes irrelevant!  Wink I just need to practice my binding skills now, I always seem to have one loose section!  Roll Eyes

The journal I have just completed was a Keri Smith tribute journal - I will try and get some pics up later - it really does teach you to let go of everything being just so! I had so much fun with it and will definitely be taking some of the things I have learnt across into this one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2012 10:14:52 AM »

I used to work in a music/book bindery, and when that happened with music signatures/pamphlets, we just had a giant paper cutter we used to chop off the extra!   Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seeuudee

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2012 01:22:55 PM »

One of the pages from my Keri Smith Tribute Journal -

I have given it it's own thread here - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=407439.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

astrangeone
The Paper Alchemist

Fueled by the scent of rubber shavings....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2012 01:26:05 PM »

Just started altering my journal!  (It's going to be a travel journal, as I'm heading to Hong Kong tomorrow!)

All you people and book binding are making me feel like a slouch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I handcarve stamps, knit and have organic catnip.

Got shopping?:  http://www.shophandmade.com/Store/Madstamps

Personal Swapping...activated!

Looking for:  ATCs, some dry non-sanded grout mix

Got a 3DS?  I can clear save data from your games!  (Including RE Mercs 3D.)
RougeRaven
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2012 06:09:32 PM »

My journal is made up of 30 pages (so far). It will be spiral bound with my Cinch machine and the pages fall into the order of the rainbow. I like a funkier journal so I made the pages different sizes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Granny Square Tree Skirt with a Slit 3/5
How to Crochet a Granny Square Tree Skirt with a Slit 4/5
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 7/16
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 8/16
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 4/16
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...