A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
830 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Journal for a month swap Round 2 - Sign up April 11-30. Send out June 14  (Read 23682 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012 12:42:47 AM »

Just sent in my questionnaire... eep!  I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012 07:59:42 AM »

Hey - here's how I handled the journal when I did it.

Every day, no matter what, I would open up a document on my computer, and type something about my day. All through the day I would also hang onto things like ticket stubs, or stuff I found in the newspaper, or a page from a magazine I was reading, or any of that sort of ephemera. I would pile up the ephemera in a neat stack, with everything I was going to use for one day all together.

Every weekend, I would sit down with my journal entries printed out from the computer, the paper and ephemera, a big box of pencils, textas, and crayons, another box of stickers, a box of fancy papers, and my scissors and my glue stick, and I would go to town on it, and try and get the whole week done at once.

This way - I didn't get to the end of the swap and freak out because nothing had been done. I tried to find something in every single day - even if it was just as simple as a very badly drawn picture of my office space, or - in one memorable day - art work created from office supplies. If something triggered off special memories (say, a day when my team won a derby bout, or a day when I found a picture of the Jakarta Fashion Show) I would use that as an excuse to go a bit more in depth - to provide extra content to make up for the days when I didn't really have much to say at all. Some day, from memory, I think I used facebook conversaions and updates... that sort of thing.

Just make sure you work at it each week. This is NOT a swap you can get done the night before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
bacettox

vivir con miedo es como vivir a medias

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2012 08:58:44 AM »

That sounds like a good method to keep from the inevitable craziness of this swap! Although I think I am going to try to hand write mine if possible. I will need to make sure my handwriting is a bit nicer though...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jennickell
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2012 01:30:04 PM »

I think what I am going to do this weekend is actually put together a journal/book (I have some pretty cool recycling ideas), then I can have it ready to start journaling when the time comes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2012 01:37:22 PM »

That sounds like a good method to keep from the inevitable craziness of this swap! Although I think I am going to try to hand write mine if possible. I will need to make sure my handwriting is a bit nicer though...

Oh yes, mine will definitely be hand-written... and hopefully no computers will be involved at all... my handwriting does seem to change from day to day too, which may or may not be interesting to see.

I think what I am going to do this weekend is actually put together a journal/book (I have some pretty cool recycling ideas), then I can have it ready to start journaling when the time comes.

That's a fantastic idea.. I might try and give myself that headstart too!

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012 01:37:55 PM by Mountains and Clouds » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bacettox

vivir con miedo es como vivir a medias

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012 03:50:20 PM »

What a great plan! I'm getting more and more excited about this swap!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2012 06:32:23 PM »

I chose to use the computer, coz I knew I wouldn't have the time every day to write something. My handwriting can be pretty shocking too. But in using a computer, I got to pick different fonts to use, and I think I had handwritten stuff in there as well - just so you could see a human DID write it Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
Oodelally

Absence makes the heart grow fonder xo

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2012 12:45:45 AM »

Ok, that's it Tongue I've been stalking this swap for ages and I'm going to bite the bullet and sign up! I was a little worried about the commitment, but I think I have formulated a cool plan for how I will go about this swap (thanks in part to KW's description Smiley ) and I'm pretty excited!! Are photos allowed? Does the journal have a size component? TIA xo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~

Can you send me joker playing cards? I am working on a big project Cheesy
My Pinterest | My Blog
mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2012 03:49:17 AM »

can't decide on this one!

Sounds really cool, but a big commitment, although starting on something now will make it easier, and might encourage me to do some for myself.

I can't sign up atm - full up, and waiting for feedback to free some space, so got thinking space anyway.

Other thing that I'm thinking about is the cost - postage in the UK is due to go up by about 40% soon, so is there anyone else taking part from UK/Europe that I could be partnered with?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MiLady
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2012 09:24:14 AM »

I keep a journal already, it used to be more arty, I'd stick in receipts, stickers, ticket stubs etc but it's more writtedn now, I'd love to give this a go, I am NOT a papercrafter by trade, but I think I have enough to make a head start.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness. If you love what you're doing you will be happy.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Reinvent Your Look for Summer on a Budget
Male Grooming Tips
Hair Color Tips
How to Curl Your Hair With a Flat Iron
How to Flat Iron Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...