A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,111
Currently Running With Scissors:
688 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sewing wallet/Handbag stitch kit  (Read 516 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LiritKiraly
« on: April 09, 2012 03:43:28 PM »

OK, so two things first off.... a) I'm hoping I've got this post in the right place, advance apologies if I'm wrong posting here, and b) I'm not entirely sure what protocol is on sharing projects made in swaps, but I've seen a few (awesome and so rightly) shared after the craft has been received, sooo I apologise if I got it wrong on a second count too Smiley

I made this Stitch Kit for my partner in the International Snack Swap, and she received a week or so ago (my mind wanders alot at the moment, but she's def had it a while). I'm SUPER proud of it, despite deciding I should have added a 'spine' to the book after the fact. I'm not a sew-er. In fact aside from this and the last swap I did, I've not sewn anything that needed any amount of care or attention in like a gazillion years, and I've never felt myself to be much good at it either. This I totally hand stitched (purely because I wasn't confident to run it through my manual machine) and it took me a fair while to do, but I planned everything as best I could, made my patterns (I know there are tons of these about, but I didn't use anything for reference) and took masses of care cutting and stitching.... (Some of the fabric used were teeny squares found in the remnant bin, and left little room for error).
Anyhow, enough of my babble, I'll bore you with some pics Smiley

A closer shot, just 'cause I'm super proud of my stitching where I added the lacy stuff to the ribbon

Action shot. The stamping I did by hand, by scribbling on my stamps with a sharpie. I wasn't precise with the lettering, I wanted it to have a more relaxed feel.

Another action shot of the back of the 'book'  Cheesy

The whole project was inspired by my partners interest in sewing and their pinterest boards, and the starting point for it came from the crinkled ribbon (from a lindt chocolate bunny), everything else was bought to match that.

As always C&C more than welcome, especially on things I sew. I can always use good advice and have my failings pointed out so I can improve Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♪♫♪ We never are what we intend or invent ♫♪
rainbowpixie
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012 04:12:23 PM »

aww this is soo cute. i need to have one of these, like actually factually NEED one lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JS

** 29 AGAIN?? ** Talk about recycling!! **

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012 06:22:21 AM »

This is an adorable sewing book kit!  Your swap partner will appreciate the thoughtfulness and the love that went into every stitch.  And to top it off, chocolate was (indirectly) involved.  Can't get any better than that lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Alec Monopoly Goes From Climbing Walls to Hosting Yacht Parties
Street Artists Madsteez And Rone Hit The Walls At Art Basel 2013
Art Basel 2013 Offers Lots Of Parties ...And Lots Of Art
Woman Creates Works of Art with Etch-a-Sketch
Restoring the Girl with the Pearl Earring
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...