A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spell My Name Round 8 Gallery  (Read 5585 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

quaggy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012 06:10:25 PM »

Thanks guys for all the nice comments, my partner made it super easy, she was so much like me.  Gonna be at the lake for 4 days and will be excited to come back to see an awesome gallery!  I love this swap!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deece in MN
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012 08:37:39 AM »

Here is the most awesome package I received from WhimsicallyObsessed.  She really hit the nail on the head with everything. 

The D is for "Down the rabbit hole embroidery hoop"...

I love Alice in Wonderland.  This will go perfectly hanging next to an Alice themed wall hanging my daughter made me.  I am going to start a little Alice in Wonderland display.

E is for "Eagle pose travel bag"....

I do yoga and my favorite color is orange.  They have been combined wonderfully into this travel bag.  The painting on this bag is amazing!  Love it!

N is for "Nature inspired necklace"....

The beads are beautiful.  I am planning on wearing it to work tomorrow. 

I is for "I know what I know reusable bag"...

I love this bag!  It is a stenciled Paul Simon!!  He is my favorite music artist.

Here is the back of the bag with lyrics to his "I Know What I Know" song.  Can't say enough how much I love this bag. Smiley

S is for "Sudoku pillow"....

I love sudoku puzzles, so this pillow is a nod to that.  It is adorable and I really like the fabric on the back, too. Smiley

E is for "Evening Angels and Epcot Center magnets"....

Evening Angels is a print by James C. Christensen.  I collect his prints and figurines.  I have Evening Angels hanging in my dining room (WhimsicallyObsessed did not know that). Smiley 
I also love anything Disney.  The magnets are awesome and are on my fridge right now.

This is a picture of the card she sent along with the stamps she carved.  I wish I could do stuff like this!

She made beautiful painted cards of the letters of my name.  Love them!

I love receiving crafts that I can't do.  This package is absolutely amazing!!
Thank you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhimsicallyObsessed
msg me if you're interested in a private swap! ^_^

comp died. having a hard time on craftster w/ cell

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012 09:32:47 AM »

Yay Cheesy I am tickled to death you love everything LOL I was so nervous but It was a really fun challenge to see what I could come up with for your name. I think I will be participating in this swap again next time! It's such a blast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Trying to move forward and make big changes in my life come join me on my journey if you like!
Susie Apple

Ride it on out like you were a bird.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012 02:19:13 PM »

Jealous of that Paul Simon bag!

And great job on the Alice in Wonderland hoop! Teaching myself some needlecrafting is on my list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012 03:49:06 PM »

What a great package! Grin I love the bag and the owl stamp. So fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
quaggy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012 05:33:47 PM »

Neat idea with the pillow, the hoop is too cute and the necklace, love those beads!   Great package!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayrun
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012 05:59:16 PM »

Yay Cheesy I am tickled to death you love everything LOL I was so nervous but It was a really fun challenge to see what I could come up with for your name. I think I will be participating in this swap again next time! It's such a blast!

Whim, you made an awesome pkg!!
so much work into all of the letters.....I esp. love the embroidery
and the pillow (is that crocheted?)
and the cute lil owl stamp.....
wow!!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012 05:59:42 PM by kayrun » THIS ROCKS   Logged
WhimsicallyObsessed
msg me if you're interested in a private swap! ^_^

comp died. having a hard time on craftster w/ cell

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012 03:42:13 PM »

Whim, you made an awesome pkg!!
so much work into all of the letters.....I esp. love the embroidery
and the pillow (is that crocheted?)
and the cute lil owl stamp.....
wow!!

Thank you! Yea the front of it is crochet then sewn to vintage fabric I had that had some of Deece in MN's favorite colors. I put myself into her styles as much as possible!  I am so impressed with the package she sent me that I got today! This has been my best swap! Cheesy Now for my goodies I got from my awesome partner!! My real name is Lodena but I go by Dee or Deedee since I was born I figured it would be easier to spell out Lodena than DeeDee! WAY too many E's haha. Really, I am just blown away by how awesome this package was! It was so me all the colors and little things just perfect! Thank you so much Denise you are awesome lady! Thanks kayrun for giving me an amazing partner!
L is for Link embroidery hoopla! he is just too perfect! I love the expression! the second I opened it up I giggled my face off... well almost anyway haha

O is for Owl stuffie! *Check out the awesome stitching guys!

D is for Domo kun sewing machine cover! I LOOOOOOVE this its fantastic!! I was so excited to see him laying in there!

E is for fox ESSENTIALS bag Cheesy I love that she managed a little bit of foxiness in there hehe! I'm running the Owl and fox swap right now I have a huge thing for woodland creatures ^.^ this is so very perfect the stitching and the fabrics! The leaves at the top and behind the fox is what it is lined with in the inside and the fox part is a pocket!

N is for notebooks! These lovely butterfly notebooks they encourage me to write again Cheesy I used to write all the time in my teens to help me deal with things.. I was never without one.. I have been dabbling a bit with writing again bt its just not the same on the computer.. These are so pretty they need to be written in!

A is for stitched Wall ART- Check out the tiny blocking! Such an uplifting message I love the colors too! And on the back she put up gear and text design paper in homage to my love of steampunk! Cheesy

All finished off with a lovely handmade card! Check out the pretty beads! Its embossed paper too Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Trying to move forward and make big changes in my life come join me on my journey if you like!
quaggy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012 04:03:02 PM »

I received an awesome package from sarahelise!!!!  I was super spoiled and love everything!!!! Sarah was spot on with each and every item that she made!

1st up a photo of treats that spell out R O B I N

R....Reeses pieces
O....Organics gummybears
B....Butterfinger
I.....Ice breakers (3 flavors just because Sarah couldn't decide)
N....Nips (pumpkin spice)
The flavors of gummy bears sound so yummy, pomegranate pucker, strawberry smash, and sour apple tart.

In front of the photo you will see a thimble  "Robin" from non other that Batman, too funny they use to call my BF Batman when we first got together!  I also collect thimbles!  Win Win!!!!

Now onto the crafted items:

R is for Reycycled Jar cozies!  My partner asked if there was anything I wanted that she may have made in the past.  It didn't take long for me to respond with a jar cozy!  I never dreamed I would get two.  These are so cute and since I can not crochet knew I could never make.  Sarah uses old jars left from what ever, mustard, pickles, olives etc.  then creates a cozy around it!  I just may have to do a personal swap with her to get more!!!  I love them and the red one is made from variegated yarn.

O is for owl and octopus amignimi!  No way in my life could I do this!  Just no patience, I did get a learn to crochet kit one time in a swap with Lindy, I have all but thrown it against the wall a few times (sorry Lindy)  I am really good at granny squares.  These are so stinkin cut!  My love for owls in a color combo that is so me 2 shades of teal, chocolate brown and pale yellow, with button eyes and then as if this wasn't enough for O Sarah also created this super cute octopus with 8 legs, 2 button eyes, and a bow own it head.  Let me introduce
Screech and Olivia!!

B is for Bevy of Beautiful Butterflies, and yes they are beautiful.  Sarah found these cute insects on my pinterest and flew with the idea.  She has to be a whiz at crochet!  They are an eight sided scallop folded in half and have antennas!  I love all the colors and want to use them on some cuptowels and a TM patch for a project in the making!  Several photos to show a better image of the yarn Sarah used.  The red is variegated the white has a satin sheen thread mixed in and the purple is gorgeous, I love them all!

I is for Ice Cream extravaganza!  Sarah made this super cute mug rug which I have been wishing for some mug rugs and this theme is so cute. She hand embroidered the ice cream cone (vanilla my favorite) and stitched the rest by machine!  I also got a cute ice cream cone note pad and a cup cozy possible knit Huh?? in my most favorite color.  I love the design she used and once again I may have to do another swap with her to get a few more of these!

N is for Notebook cozy which is cupcake themed!   Sarah mentioned that this item gave her the most trouble but I think not!!!  It is made with a removable notepad inside so I can not be afraid to use it up.  Sarah made the cupcake with felt and again hand stitched it on, she also used a metallic thread to hold the icing on.  Too cute and usable to boot!  The inside shows the tablet.

Wow what an awesome partner!  Sarah I love everything and am once again sad that this swap is close to being over!  I love each and every time Kayrun hosts it because it is always so awesome to get a package full of surprises with no set theme. 

Kayrun always does a great job with partnering everyone and we always have a blast! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayrun
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012 04:49:27 PM »

2 more awesome pkgs!!
way to go, O crafty ones!!

And just because I have to focus on my favorite parts:
Whim, I have to say I love the domo kun (I don't really have a reference point for this,
but it's cute!) and the green bag w/the fox on it!!
Super pkg~~~~

and quaggy,
you also got some lovely loot   Smiley
I have to choose as my faves the cup cozy and the mug rug out of this
pkg.....but it's all just fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Laurie Halse Anderson Talk About Forge
Joseph Maroon Talk About Resveratrol Evidence
Susan Isaacs Talks About As Husbands Go
Narine Nikogosian Offers Hints to Stop Aging
Meet Dr. Jim Loehr
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...