A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New old coffee table  (Read 1620 times)
Tags for this thread: table , tile , black , coffee_table  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

trippen_turtle
« on: April 07, 2012 07:22:42 AM »

So my dearest parents left me in the possession of a coffee table and two end tables that they'd had literally as long as I can remember.  There was nothing too fancy about them, just plain stained wood.  

I'd had them in my apartment for a few years when the coffee table decided that it was time to cease being a coffee table and the screws actually started just falling out of it (I really have clue how that happened, unless one of my cats can secretly use a screw driver).  Which lead me to start thinking about what I actually wanted to do with the tables.  I knew I hadn't the money to replace them with what I wanted.  I'd been eyeing tiling for a while and wanted something to practice one, when it hit me, duh, tile the table.  

So over a couple weeks (my babe and I don't live together, so we rotate between who's house to stay at), we made it beautiful.  I unbolted the screws that were still there and sanded it down by hand.  Then painted it, tiled the top, and grouted it.  For our first time tiling anything, I think it turned out well.  Then when we put it back together, on an idea from my dad, I went to Lowe's and picked up some of the glue you use to lay down wood flooring, and just glue the the top back on.  It worked like magic, I don't think falling down a flight of stairs would take the top off this baby again.

Since I'm new here, it won't let me post any pictures, but here are the links!

My babe and my kitty making a special guest appearance

We've started sanding the end tables now.  We're moving in June and my goal is to get them done before then.  Any cc is appreciated!

Thanks!

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012 07:37:04 AM by MissingWillow - Reason: Revealed images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012 07:43:12 AM »

Beautiful job!  I think they look great!  Funny, the first thing I  thought when I saw the thumbnail was that with the candles, it looks just like one of the types of shrines they have in Diablo 2.  Yes, I'm a nerd!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oyhana
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012 07:48:56 AM »

It turned out great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest     

Personal swap friendly!  Especially ATCs!
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012 08:28:36 AM »

It really turned out impressive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Radmom
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012 05:42:48 AM »

I've a huge coffee table I'm about to do a refinish to as well, but I'm using black grout instead. I'm also probably using a combo of items, but I love the center of your table, and I dig the candles? When I finally get round to mine, I'll share too, and you can see my candle holders. When the side tables are done, you should update.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph with a Tilt Shift Lens
How to Photograph with Infrared
How to Shoot an Engagement Shoot
How to Photograph with a Point and Shoot Camera
How to use Light to Create Dynamic Images
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...