A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ticket Stub Shadow Box! {Just enough pictures} :)  (Read 4121 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Chocolate_Jo

Can I have some fishy crackers?

View Profile WWW
« on: April 04, 2012 05:29:11 PM »

So I guess if you are reading this, you have heard about Pinterest, yes? Despite swearing to myself I would NEVEREVEREVER duplicate, use, or even GLANCE at an idea that I saw on Pinterest, it seems that I have broken down and done it at last lol. I had seen someone use a shadow box to hold ticket stubs, and since I can't seem to throw away ANYTHING (including tickets), I figured it would be a cute way to keep and display them as I collected them. It was a super easy project; I just used stuff I had laying around the house at the time.

The shadowbox has been under my bed for ages, and since lost the back. I made a new back out of cardboard and paper, leaving about a 2 inch gap at the top to put my tickets in through. The curtains I made from an old karate uniform, and the tickets I found online Smiley
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013 08:53:34 AM by Chocolate_Jo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

julianapegas
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012 11:15:50 PM »

What a nice idea! I like how you left them loose inside the box.

Back in school, I had a lot of friends who collected movie tickets, they would store them all in their wallets and show it to other people xD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DeviantartPoupe GirlLast.fmRavelry
BarbE
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012 06:07:08 AM »

Ooh.  Love this, I also like how you left them loose.  I have a ton concert tickets dating back to the late seventies to present and never knew what to do with so many!  I can totally see doing this - I also like the curtain detail.  Now if I could just figure out what to do with my guitar picks?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It takes all kinds to make the world go round Smiley
ivoryh1632
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012 02:56:56 AM »

Love that idea! I refuse to throw away my stubs from the concerts I've went to cuz they all remind me of such good times.  I may have to do this at some point.

BarbE- Frame your guitar picks. Just make a collage of them in an empty frame. Another cute idea that I've done. If I have a poster for the band, I frame the poster along with any ticket stubs, guitar picks, flyers, set lists and autographs from their shows, just make sure you get a frame that's a little bigger than the poster so you can put the stuff on the outside and not cover too much of the poster. I only have a few bands that I've done that with, but it looks really cool. Now if only drumsticks would fit in a frame.....but i guess that's where the shadowbox comes back into play Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iheartcooking
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012 08:55:53 AM »

This is a great project! My husband has saved all his ticket stubs do I think I wanna do this!

But... Why swear off doing stuff you saw on Pinterest? What do you have against it? It's just links to other people's blogs and even posts on here. Is it just because it's popular? Cause sometimes things are popular because they're cool...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ivoryh1632
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012 12:58:30 AM »

This is a great project! My husband has saved all his ticket stubs do I think I wanna do this!

But... Why swear off doing stuff you saw on Pinterest? What do you have against it? It's just links to other people's blogs and even posts on here. Is it just because it's popular? Cause sometimes things are popular because they're cool...

I don't know about Chocolate_Jo, but I've heard other people say they're never going to do stuff they saw on Pinterest becasue they don't want to use an idea that's already been done. Which is kind of rediculous becasue everything's already been done before in some form or another.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Colors Represent Energy in Paintings
Painting Lesson - Big Brush, Little Brush
Artists Easels
Additional Oil Painting Studio Accessories
How to Make Oil Painting Medium
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...