A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,656
Currently Running With Scissors:
560 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dragon Age Swap Gallery  (Read 2586 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

special_occasion
« on: April 02, 2012 12:34:22 AM »

Original thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=404548.0

Post your Dragon Age haul here!

crymson (sent & received)
endymion (sent & received)
boxet (sent & received)
Innaura (sent & received)
special_occasion (sent & received)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012 03:47:00 PM by special_occasion » THIS ROCKS   Logged
crymson
I am the Lazy Druid.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012 07:58:18 PM »

I received today! I'll get the pictures up soon... probably tomorrow.
And I FINALLY figured out what to do for my last piece, after bothering my fiance for some inspiration. So I will be sending within the next day or so.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

special_occasion
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012 02:25:03 AM »

I received today! I'll get the pictures up soon... probably tomorrow.
And I FINALLY figured out what to do for my last piece, after bothering my fiance for some inspiration. So I will be sending within the next day or so.

We can't wait to see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
special_occasion
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012 02:37:20 AM »

I have received from boxet and my goodness, she has some seriously well developed crafting skills, I'd never have guessed she was a first time swapper! All her future swap partners will be very lucky indeed to get her  Wink

Prepare yourself for a few pictures!

I was SO excited when I peeled off the postal covering to see this pretty parcel:

Inside that Justice left me his verses of dreams to fill with my dreams!

And inside! I was very impressed with the craftsmanship, I'd be so nervous trying to make something like this.

Wynne gave me this, reassuring me that she'll see the journey through as she's not the sort of person who leaves things unfinished:

Leliana gave me her very own chantry necklace:

AND a necklace and earring set her mother left her, which is just so touching and would have been unbearable to part with:

I loved discovering each of these handcrafted goodies in the parcel, I really appreciate all the effort that went into everything, your time and energy weren't wasted boxet, thank you!  Grin

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012 07:56:59 PM by special_occasion » THIS ROCKS   Logged
endymion
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012 07:47:54 AM »

Oh, wow! Love the "secret book"! And the chantry necklace, also. Great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Innaura

Here I am, doing science.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012 12:50:40 PM »

Wow, what a great package, boxet!  I love Leliana's chantry necklace, and how awesome of Justice to make a hollowed-out book! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist, always a work in progress: http://www.wists.com/Innaura
boxet
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012 10:44:41 PM »

So i got home this morning from camping with friends in the middle of the Australian nowhere for a week to be greeted by a little box of awesome which i immediately ripped into, yes even before a long hot shower.
Lets just say i was over joyed and spoiled rotten by special_occasion and her amazing crafting skills.
so sit back and enjoy these awesome photos (warning; this is going to be a little picture heavy! Cheesy)

this is what i was greeted with, and let me say this all made me very excited.

Anders, be still my beating heart, left me all of this saying how when he was healing all people had was 'junk' but i guess one persons junk is another treasure.

Alister also left me with something close to his heart, crafted from his own set of Templar armor for me to wear into battle.

Fenris, in all his beautiful brooding, left me with something to show his true feeling, as real as the marks burned into his skin. <3

and everything all together

thank you so much for your time and effort, they are all very loved already
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you don't live in the moment then there is nothing to live in.
Innaura

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012 01:22:55 PM »

special_occasion, what gorgeous things you made!  I love the lyrium piece from Fenris.  Now I'm even more excited for my package to arrive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Innaura

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012 10:47:11 PM »

I received!  (I had some problems with my camera so I'm sorry for the posting delay.)

First, I always loved the line about Anders' mage socks being left all over my bedroom.  Of course, I teased him about it, so now he got me back:

Mage socks of my very own!  The note said, "I know it drives you crazy when I leave my mage socks around because you say you never do, which is true but I maintain it's because you just don't have a pair of your own mage socks.  So now you do and we'll see where you leave them, my love."  I tried to get an action shot but it's really hard to get a good picture of your own foot!  They're so awesome and glitzy and I love them.  The decoration is on the front, too, which is cool.  Smiley

Then, Wynne sent me three gorgeous amulets:

From left to right, amulets: 1) to increase magical ability, 2) to increase vitality, and 3) to increase creativity.  I love them so much!  The picture doesn't do their detail justice.

And Leliana made a gorgeous brocade dice bag for my partner:

The edging is gorgeously hand-stitched.  I think you can either tie one end and make it a long tube of dice, or put dice in each side and then tie both ends together at the top to make a kind of folded pouch.  It's very Orlesian!

And because send-outs were on my birthday, she sent along a gorgeous extra of a pair of earrings and a hairpin:

I love the styling and the earthy colors!  And for a bonus there were some chocolates with pictures of Australian animals!  Mmmm, delicious.

Thank you so much, special_occasion!  I love everything and this was such a fun swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

endymion
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012 12:13:56 PM »

Oh, man! Those socks are awesome!!!

I like the pendants, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
This Is What Happens When You Attach Your Camera To A Kite
Photographers Capture Urban Decay
Rineke Dijkstra: When Art Reflects Art
Bob Gruen LIVE
How to Get the Best Shot on Your Digital Camera
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...