A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,528
Currently Running With Scissors:
389 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Geocaching swap  (Read 4054 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012 10:33:32 PM »

I was looking at the etrex series and was interested in either the 10, 20, Venture or Legend. Have looked at the Dakota 10 as well. I am also very interested in the Magellan eXplorist GC and may find myself getting it just because it is so user friendly for geocaching. If I get it I am going to order from amazon so I can try the device out and if it doesn't work well I can return it with no problems.

So here is a little secret that I found for you guys about swag. This may only apply to my Walmart, but it is worth looking. If you go to the toy section there should be a clearance isle. I found a $1 section there that had lots of great swag for both kids and adults. From the huge section I grabbed a Disney Mix Max (a video, mp3, photo player), Panda Earbuds, Ladybug Earbuds, LeftCenterRight dice game, Knot Bone Adjustable Bungee, and 2 Blackjack Electronic Devices.

As far as the swap goes, I hope it doesn't start too soon. I just got word I need new tires after I failed inspection which was prompted by a $133 fine for having an expired inspection sticker. Oh and my gps purchase. Gah! Anyways, I love the gallery from last round! I am inspired to make some handmade swag now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GatorWrangler
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012 10:49:42 PM »

I bought a Magellan GC and it's on the way to me now.  It looked like it was best for what I wanted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
AlishaMisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2012 11:14:48 PM »

Awesome! It is the one I am most interested in at the moment. Let us know how it is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetyetevil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012 07:17:50 AM »

I just got my Magellan triton 1500 on Friday (bought on Ebay way cheaper from someone who purchased it & never use it, came with extras!). Looks pretty cool so far. I have only loaded the basic maps and now need to get started on running a geo query and see how it will auto load into my unit. My gosh I hope that works cause my last unit was so basic that I had to hand load everything which was a PITA. This unit is suppose to be paperless so hopefully I can get the gist of it quickly and get out and about.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012 03:07:14 PM »

Very nice. I think the only reason why I am not going the ebay route is because I want to be able to try it out. I don't trust my GPS even though it has a high-sensitivity receiver. Like I said, I had been wandering around someone's house, so I need to be sure that the gps I choose is as accurate as possible.

Luckily for me, I live in Maine close to L.L.Bean's flagship store. They have an outlet with tons of different gps' at a deep discount (50% usually). LLBean has a wonderful return policy, so I am thinking that if I don't go with the Magellan eXplorist GC from amazon then I am going to get some sort of garmin or delorme from LLBean. That's another thing that is great about being in Maine is we have the Delorme headquarters, so I get to get my hands on those devices at their store and get their expertise. I mean, no one knows more about this stuff than Delorme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GatorWrangler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2012 08:06:36 PM »

My Magellan GC came today. I really like it so far.  It's pretty easy to use and has a lot of nice features.  I did 2 quick caches tonight and the GPS was extremely accurate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
AlishaMisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2012 08:33:33 PM »

Good to know! I think I have decided on the GC too. It's just seems perfect for what I need. I have a Garmin nuvi 765t, so I am set for turn by turn, so I don't need anything too fancy. The price is nice and the device just seems like it would be perfect for a beginner to a handheld gps like me. I have been toying with the idea of other gps' but keep coming back to the GC.

So have any of you crafted your own swag? Got any ideas? I am thinking of doing geocaching themed swag like pins, magnets..ect. Though I have a lot of swag to trade already I figured it would be neat to put in those themed items. I know that I personally would love finding geocaching themed swag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetyetevil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2012 05:32:06 AM »

Some people have signature items they make like chainmaile keychains, magnets, or custom cards with info on them. When I first started caching I did make some items to put out but then I got some wooden coins customized and pathtags created. I have not ordered any pathtags in a long time as those get expensive but I did trade and have quite a collection of them. I use to collect geocoins to but then I ended up selling most of them last year. I kept personal ones people gave me though and sepcial ones people bought for me. If you look at my profile on geocaching.com you will see my icon is my wood coin. My caching name is also sweet yet evil.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2012 08:16:14 PM »

Nice sig item!

I am AlishaMisha on geocaching.com as well for anyone who wants to find me/friend me.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012 08:21:34 PM by AlishaMisha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetyetevil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2012 09:52:21 AM »

Thanks, I usually only save really cool or unusual sig items as it is really easy to get tons of stuff and I am trying to get rid of some clutter lol wood coins and path tags are fun though!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Halloween Snack Ideas - The Rookie Cook
How to Make Seared Duck Breast - Food Done Right
How to Make Baked Beans
How to Make Crabmeat Au Gratin
How to Make Sour Cream Waffles
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...