A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,014
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Geocaching swap  (Read 4923 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Momof2!
« on: April 01, 2012 05:45:51 AM »

OMG! I just thought of this. Why have I never thought of it before? I don't know how many people out there geocache or if there would be enough for a swap, but I think it would be fun. My family and I love geocaching, and we have made some of the small things to trade in the containers. I think a swap would be fun. It could be for small trade items to carry while caching, or things to just carry around. Maybe a geocaching bag or pencil and extras holder or gps case, water bottle carrier, anything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweetyetevil
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012 03:09:18 PM »

We did a geocaching swap last year and it was alot of fun.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=376864.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Momof2!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012 03:29:10 PM »

Wow, that does look like it was fun. I checked out the gallery and there were lots of neat things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rubylynns
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012 05:28:39 AM »

Ok so what exactly is Geocaching?  I've heard a few people talk about it lately.  I'm always looking for something fun to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I *heart* Pintrest

http://pinterest.com/rubylynns/

Follow me on Instagram

https://instagram.com/rubylens/
Momof2!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012 06:36:07 AM »

Ok so what exactly is Geocaching?  I've heard a few people talk about it lately.  I'm always looking for something fun to do!

Geocaching is like a treasure hunt. People hide a container, it could be as small as 1/2 of your little finger with only a small piece of paper to sign, or it could be a large container with a log book and lots of little goodies in it. They post the coordinates on www.geocaching.com and sometimes hints. You use a handheld gps (or smartphone) and go to the location and try to find it. Some are very easy and some are really tricky. It will say on the description how difficult they are and the size. Some are right in the middle of town (I've found them in lightpost in the middle of a busy parking lot) and some are on long hiking trails. They are every where. We like the ones in parks, and on hiking trails. The goodies in them are actually "trade" items. You take something out and you leave something of equal or greater value. There are a lot of little toys and things for kids which make it really fun for them. I'm terrible at explaining things, but the website is great. You should check it out. We also letterbox which is a bit different and doesn't use coordinates, but uses clues instead. The website is atlasquest.com and will explain how it works.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rubylynns
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012 11:00:18 AM »

That sounds like so much fun.  I actually went to the website today and checked it out.  I would be down for this swap.  I'd love to get into something like this.  We need to do more outdoors things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I *heart* Pintrest

http://pinterest.com/rubylynns/

Follow me on Instagram

https://instagram.com/rubylens/
sweetyetevil

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012 12:10:18 PM »

It can be crazy fun and frustrating too, trying to find a micro item in the woods can be painful on your brain!!! I have my gps loaded and ready as I have not been out since last summer....I have been in the mountains ,swamps, city, kayaking caching etc....beware of poison ivy though as it seems to pop up in the woods near caches... Wink

That sounds like so much fun.  I actually went to the website today and checked it out.  I would be down for this swap.  I'd love to get into something like this.  We need to do more outdoors things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandymo13

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012 02:07:40 PM »

My husband and I love geocaching!! it is sooo much fun. This swap sound pretty interesting!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Momof2!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012 02:44:42 PM »

Sweetyetevil, I agree, a micro in the woods OMG. I think more often than not when we find a micro in the woods it's just pure luck.

We have a camping trip coming up and plan on finding some while there. I haven't been out in a while and I'm ready!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012 11:53:31 AM »

That geocache/letterbox swap was a lot of fun!

Hahaha, what do you think about finding a nano-cache??? It has the size of the top of your finger and usually it is magnetic. We were looking for a nano located somewhere on a watchtower where everything was made of metal..... AARRGGHHH!
We did find it though, but it was pure luck  Grin

Oh and finding a micro in the woods, last time we did that and didn't find it was because we were looking at the wrong coordinates.... Darn GPS, it doesn't always work so good when there are a lot of trees  Wink
The fourth time we went to look for it, we did find it.

We like the multi-caches the most. Our boys (5 and 7) both have a balance bike, so we hardly can keep up with them. Good for mom and dad's condition.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scrappy Happy Swap! And the Scrappy Happy Swap Gallery!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint a Mural With a Projector
How to Mix Acrylic Paint Colors
How to Keep Acrylic Paint from Drying Too Fast
How to Paint a Simple Background with Acrylic Paint
How to Paint with Acrylic Paint: Perspective
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...