A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 305,022
Currently Running With Scissors:
677 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FLOW! - Send by March 12, 2012  (Read 9083 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Witchhippie
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2012 10:21:23 AM »

I sent today!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/JW32
http://pinterest.com/witchhippie/

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. - Mary Kay Ash
dreadlocklove
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2012 12:09:09 PM »

Yay! 

I just created the gallery.  The link is at the top of the first post. 

Please send me as well as your partner a message if you will be sending late.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Jenna_Gayle
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2012 07:14:13 PM »

It's going great! I need to finish one thing up, and after that I should be ready to send!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day's work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your widest ambition. ~Sir William Osler
jennden
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2012 11:19:24 AM »

I sent today, hope my partner likes her package!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Anubisheart

Lost in Zombieland

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2012 11:20:43 AM »

I also sent today!!  Grin I hope you like it Jennden!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can walk you can dance; If you can talk you can sing
Art exists in many forms, the trick is to see all of them.

Check out my etsy!
www.etsy.com/shop/AnubisCreations
Check out my Blog!
http://anubiscreations.blogspot.com/
dreadlocklove
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2012 04:42:26 AM »

Thank you!  Can you please send me a private message with the DC number? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Anubisheart

Lost in Zombieland

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2012 10:06:18 AM »

Thank you!  Can you please send me a private message with the DC number? 

oh drats I thought it got sent to you too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can walk you can dance; If you can talk you can sing
Art exists in many forms, the trick is to see all of them.

Check out my etsy!
www.etsy.com/shop/AnubisCreations
Check out my Blog!
http://anubiscreations.blogspot.com/
dreadlocklove
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2012 06:18:16 AM »

No worries!

I finished Jenna's gifts yesterday.  I'll try to take photos and have the package shipped today!

SEND-OUTS ARE TOMORROW!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
dreadlocklove
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2012 06:46:24 AM »

In continuation of my "introduction to poi" post, I'd like to share the following as a result of my reflections regarding the situation that arose with the mod approaching a "friend" of mine.  This may shed some insight...  It is still very much related to my poi story.

I considered that either Mel (as well as the Mod) is just looking to bring me down, or even though she's been involved with poi much longer than I, she still hasn't experienced the connection and the effects of the practice spiritually. This would explain why her ability to understand is limited. Regardless of that...

Such as during a spiritual awakening, there is a releasing of old energy to make way for the new. Like a Spring Cleanup. Even as I was registering for college, I knew it wasn't the field I wanted to work in (even though the program was of interest). What poi offered me was something much more than what can only be observed on the physical realm. It encouraged me to shed all that no longer served a purpose in my life, and as much as people may frown down on this, college was one of those things that was better off gone during that period.

Lifestyle (according to answers.com): n. A way of life or style of living that reflects the attitudes and values of a person or group.

As far as the remark about being a part of "the poi lifestyle of one" goes, well, I guess it's been made quite clear that I was the only one in the group that felt the connection (though perhaps not, as the comment speaks on others' behalf). A group of people isn't at all necessary though and since I've been on my own for the better part of my life, it certainly doesn't bother me to experience evolution alone. My experiences do not gain any more significance or validity through turning them into a "group thing." When the experience can be shared or enhanced with others, great, but I don't require the presence of any majority by any means. "One woman army," Ani DiFranco's lyrics, come to mind. It's the intimacy with within that is important. Feeling the Oneness has come through the use of entheogens, it's come through Reiki. Poi has offered me the same. I can leave the experience different and the new awareness is applied to life, in several shapes and forms.

Last night was GaiamTV night, and I chose something that I've had my eye on for a while... "Mystic Ball" (To anyone interested in viewing it, there is a 10-day free website trial that you can quickly sign up for)

"What would drive a man to devote his life to a sport that no one else plays? At least nowhere outside Myanmar, one of the most inaccessible and mysterious countries in Asia. Mystic Ball follows Greg Hamilton, the filmmaker, deep into the culture of chinlone, Myanmar's traditional sport. But chinlone is more than just a sport, it is also a kind of dance and a meditation. Though it is very much a team sport, there is no competition, no winners and no losers. The game is astoundingly difficult, yet is played by almost all Burmese, from young children to people in their eighties. With single minded devotion, Greg pursues his dream of becoming a real chinlone player. After many years of playing alone, he arrives in Myanmar where at first his awkward attempts are met with laughter. But eventually he becomes the first foreigner to play at the highest level of the game. In this story of self discovery and struggle, Greg finds a sense of oneness and even family, and the Burmese players who embrace him find an ambassador for their unknown art. Eight years in the making, Mystic Ball will engage you in a beautiful story about the happiness and fulfillment that comes from following one's passion"

All I can say is how wonderful Diving Timing is! With the exceptions of devoting my entire life to practicing poi (I also have Reiki now!) and aspiring to play with the pros, my relationship with poi was similar in nature. As much as I don't get to playing as often as before, the emotions are still very alive inside and I'm still involved. - After all, Mel did come across my story in a poi swap I was organizing! What does that say about me still feeling stimulated and enjoying being involved with others?!

This man describes things beautifully though. He was focused and very skilled in martial arts, but his introduction to chinlone lead to a transition, where martial arts no longer "mattered" and was eventually replaced. For the first fourteen years of his chinlone practice, he was for the most part on his own. A one person lifestyle.

I guess the poi remarks were mentioned because feelings of shame, concern, foolishness, from not knowing exactly why (at the time) I left school, and especially from poi taking over, still lingered deep down. But I'm grateful the Universe stepped in to remind me of what actually was/is.

THANK YOU UNIVERSE!

Chinlone is another form of "flow" and if any happen to view the documentary, you will notice that the balls are actually handmade by a master using rattan!  The process is briefly shown but it would be neat to learn how to weave them.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 15/28
How to Crochet a Sidesaddle Shell Stitch Part 6/6
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 13/28
How to Crochet a Sidesaddle Shell Stitch Part 2/6
How to Crochet a Sidesaddle Shell Stitch Part 3/6
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...