Hi! I decided I wanted to make a tutorial on how to make these because no one has a clue on how to make dream catchers. It is really fun and easy to make. Plus it uses ordinary objects you find around the house.
I made mine a key chain but you can just put some nice chain or whatever you like to make it a necklace. I do recommend that If you do make a key chain it is strong because it may break. Enjoy!
1 any size key ring
1 clip or chain for necklace
1 sheet of shiny paper
3 shells with holes
6 beads (instead of paper and shells)
1. Cut a long peice of embroidery floss and tie is to key ring
2. wrap floss around the key ring until all the way around and tie a knot
3. Tie a second piece of floss next to extra floss
4.Take the floss, put the strand over than under and up through the hole. pull tight
5. Do this all the way around until you reach your starting point
6. Repeat step 4 but instead of doing it on the key ring, do it on the floss. Pull tight
7. Repeat step 6 untill you run out of room. It should sorta look like this:
8.Take the string popping through the center and pull it through a bottom hole. Pull tight
9.Tie that string next to the others and make a knot.
10.Take paper and cut out leafs. Put a hole through them.
11. Tie a piece of floss at bottom
12. Put Paper leafs or beads onto strands and tie a double knot
13. continue putting things on strands until you are happy with the result
14. tie the lose strands at top to clip and burn the ends (if you want to). Or for a necklace attach hoop or tie on string.
I hope you liked this tutorial and hope it helps! I have made necklaces for gifts and people love em'!
I made a lot of these before and had practice. So If you can't get it at first, get the inside of an embroider hoop and practice on it.