For a recent swap I learned how to bookbind a little. I was absurdly proud of my little book and the many pictures will show so
. It is entirely recycled, from the pages to the covers to the thread I used for binding that my mum was going to throw out!
Anyway, on with the piccies.
Showing the coptic binding as well as the pretty covers. It's deliberately got quite tight stitching so that the pages can be ripped out easily.
Showing my poor drawing skills for the front plate and some of the onion skin dyed paper.
Showing some of my tea dyed paper and the faint stamping I put on some pages, oh, and the fact that I put in some half size pages.
Showing some more of the onion skin paper
Showing some of my paint splattered paper (recycled from a different project)
Showing the back plate and some tea leaf paper.
Every piece of paper had at least one useable side. I notice that I've really taken to photographing
the patterned/splotchy papers, but there were some plain ones in there and plenty of security envelope paper and some dyed paper, with tea and onion and beetroot but they were flat colour, not splotchy.
I was so proud of this, I didn't care that it took me 16hrs to complete!