A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Internet & social-media themed cushions: Twitter, Facebook, Fail Whale, Nyan Cat  (Read 1958 times)
Tags for this thread: nyan_cat , pillow , facebook , twitter , fail_whale  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bekibutton
« on: March 25, 2012 01:18:53 PM »

My friend asked me to make these cushions for him. They're all internet and social-media themed. I started with the Twitter bird one as it seemed like it was going to be the most straightforward. The cushion construction is very simple because a) I don't have a zipper foot for my sewing machine and b) I already knew a couple of these would be stress-inducingly long-winded without the added hassle of a zip.

The first and simplest - the Twitter logo:

The Facebook 'F' (this was a bit more difficult and I managed to sew the back pieces on backwards initially!):

The epic Fail Whale cushion (this took me the best part of 8 hours and a steep learning curve with some fusible webbing):

Google 'G' (I had the colours the right way round all the way through on this one, then stuck the G on the wrong way round. And that fusible webbing doesn't budge!):

Special surprise Nyan Cat cushion (my friend loves the Nyan Cat and thought the little bag I made a while back was great Cheesy so even though he only asked me for four cushions, I've snuck this one in too. Well, it was either going to be this or a Totoro one...I cheated a bit on this one and glued the felt down, I don't have enough time to hand stitch things this weekend!):

I hope you like them Smiley

Becki
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012 02:28:59 AM by bekibutton » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I was gonna take over the world but got distracted by something shiny

beckybutton.wordpre ss.com
beckybutton.etsy.co m
Eiseldora
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012 01:48:34 PM »

I saw your pictures in the gallery next to mine and had to find out more about them.

They look so awesome.

I hope your friend likes them.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ChelseaLou

Too many projects to do, soo little time

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012 02:20:27 PM »

These are great! Really worth the time and effort. Me, well I love the epic fail whale and nyan cat! Thay are all amazing! Great job! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hey! I can do that! :3
Rodelphia
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012 06:03:49 PM »

epic fail whale is amazing! if your friend (for some unknown reason) doesn't like him i would be happy to take him! don't think that will happen though. totally my favorite. great job!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bekibutton
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012 02:32:18 AM »

Thanks guys! Epic Fail Whale was truly epic (right down to lasercutting the little orange birds so that they were all exactly the same). I'll leave it a while before I attempt that one again! However now this has given me a taste for cushion making - as I mentioned above the cushion itself is really simple and easy to make so I can go all out on the decoration. Basically anyone who knows me is quite likely to receive a cushion for their birthday now! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I was gonna take over the world but got distracted by something shiny

beckybutton.wordpre ss.com
beckybutton.etsy.co m
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stella And Dot
How to Make a Kentucky Hot Brown Inspired Derby Sandwich
How to Make a Kentucky Hot Brown with Sourdough Bread
Bobby Flay’s Nacho Dogs
How to Make a Philly Cheesesteak With Cheddar Hollandaise Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...