A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,726
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tea Towels  (Read 892 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

trampycouture
« on: March 25, 2012 10:42:32 AM »

I had been going to my local Dollar Tree, finding plain white tea towels that were great to embroider on. They stopped carrying them. Do you guys know of any chain stores that have tea towels? Where are you finding your tea towels these days?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012 04:18:53 PM »

I got some from Sublime Stitching online. They're a bit pricey at $7 or 2 for $12, but they are so nice to stitch on and are such good quality.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
SkitzoLeezra
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012 07:48:37 PM »

I still look everywhere and used to find really nice ones by Martha Stewart at KMart but those are no more . .
Seriously considering buying linen by the yard at the fabric store and cutting my own.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

madcrafter
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012 09:16:54 PM »

If you are on the West Coast Beverly's fabrics sells the old fashioned sacking tea towels.  They look really nice embroidered.  But another idea is to use huck toweling used for huck embroidery.  It comes in a nice tea towel width and has woven finished edges, so you only have to hem the top and bottoms.  It runs from $4 to $5 a yard.  I buy mine from Beverly's and our store also carries huck pattern books.  I just gave my sister some huck embroidered towels tonight and she loved them!  It is very vintage looking and extremely easy to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Stop by my blog and say hi!
http://ravingsofamadcrafter.blogspot.com/
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012 09:01:22 AM »

I've got some from Aunt Martha online but Target might have some-just make sure the weave is tight, I've bought some there before and they were kind of crappy.  I think the Aunt Martha ones were two for 5 bucks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EricaMarie
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012 08:40:36 PM »

I do A LOT of tea towels as gifts, & I always buy the Target ones. $3.99 or $4.99 for 4, they are sort of a loose weave but they get tighter as they get washed. I wash them, stamp, embroider, wash again, then iron. They get softer & more absorbent as they get washed, too-never had a problem with them, people BEG for them at this point. They're back with all the kitchen towels & potholders at every Target. I've used the Aunt Martha ones, which are really nice, so are the Sublime Stitching ones, but I would be paying anywhere from $40-50 for 7 towels & that is just outrageous to me, when the Target ones turn out so nice! (& I am NOT a cheapskate.) Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sesame_sweet
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012 03:02:18 PM »

I've used the Target towels, too. I particularly like the unbleached towels, though they don't always have them in stock.
I love the idea of buying the fabric by the yard! My city only has a Joann & a Hobby Lobby.... maybe course muslin would work as a tea towel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Recognize Value and Temperature of Color When Brush Mixing
How to Brush Mix
How to Brush Mix Leaf Colors
Owl Painting - Watercolor Wildlife Art in Miniature
How to Draw Star Wars-Clone Wars: Count Dooku
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...