A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
735 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Round 35 Beltane Bonanza (SU 3-25-12 to 4-1-12, SO 4-21-12)  (Read 17811 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mandykaye
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2012 03:46:07 PM »

I'm up for both swaps and the timing sounds great! Thanks MamanTattoo and Wulf for organizing it!

Sorry for your loss Radmom.....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2012 04:07:49 PM »

Sent today. Let's see if airmail to Australia is worth the extra cost. (Actually only about $10 more.) As the postal clerk explained it, the ship always takes the same length of time to Australia - about two weeks. But they don't dispatch it the moment they have my letter onboard - the container is only shipped when it's full. If you're lucky, your letter is one of the last loaded on and it sails immediately after. But if the ship has just gone, and your letter is one of the first into the new container, you have to wait until it fills up again. That can take a month or more. Sad

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monnie31
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2012 06:10:27 PM »

Sent today. Let's see if airmail to Australia is worth the extra cost. (Actually only about $10 more.) As the postal clerk explained it, the ship always takes the same length of time to Australia - about two weeks. But they don't dispatch it the moment they have my letter onboard - the container is only shipped when it's full. If you're lucky, your letter is one of the last loaded on and it sails immediately after. But if the ship has just gone, and your letter is one of the first into the new container, you have to wait until it fills up again. That can take a month or more. Sad

Wulf

Well, that sucks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O( * ॐ

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2012 06:35:22 PM »

really, that much? Hoping lots of people are due to send to Oz from Toronto!

...I've just checked our trackings and...My package has arrived to my mom's today! Yay! I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow, can't wait! Cheesy
Mine was in Montral Friday, so you should get it soon enough, Mlissa!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012 06:38:09 PM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog! (and where I sell my dolls!)
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!
hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2012 07:13:20 PM »

Wow, that shipping is crazy!

So....are we doing a separate Litha swap? Or would we do a midsummer swap as suggested? Takers?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
sugarsandwitch
I am not bad... I prefer Mischievously Creative.

here I are!

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2012 06:06:47 AM »

Very sorry for your loss Radmom.

I sent yesterday and was assured it would be there by friday. I was going to take a swap break but I missed the last BOS swap and am seriously thinking about doing this one. hmmmmm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are no longer the knights who say ni! We are now the knights who say ekki-ekki-ekki-pitang-zoom-boing! ~Monty Python
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: April 25, 2012 04:57:58 PM »

So....are we doing a separate Litha swap? Or would we do a midsummer swap as suggested? Takers?

To me Litha is midsummer, but do you mean actually somewhere in the middle of summer, like the beginning of July? It does sound like there's very active interest in a Litha swap in addition to the BOS. I like the idea of a so-small-it-fits-in-an-envelope swap, though it seems from the Felt Badge Swap that I'm in unless it's a papercraft swap, Craftster still requires a DC# even if it's an envelope. Within Canada that's pricey, but there seems to be a good workaround in the US.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monnie31
« Reply #137 on: April 25, 2012 05:09:57 PM »

To me Litha is midsummer, but do you mean actually somewhere in the middle of summer, like the beginning of July? It does sound like there's very active interest in a Litha swap in addition to the BOS. I like the idea of a so-small-it-fits-in-an-envelope swap, though it seems from the Felt Badge Swap that I'm in unless it's a papercraft swap, Craftster still requires a DC# even if it's an envelope. Within Canada that's pricey, but there seems to be a good workaround in the US.

Wulf

It is hard to get a DC on the small packets, but i always get the receipts so worst case I can scan them and send them as proof.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

impchild
« Reply #138 on: April 25, 2012 05:13:58 PM »

i received yesterday and will try to get pics up soon
THIS ROCKS   Logged

momma to a 5yo drama king
ISO: purple/black/green yarn scraps (2yds or more), vintage hankies and a single fire opal bead.
whileitsraining
« Reply #139 on: April 26, 2012 05:05:51 PM »

I received today and wowza! Makes me kick myself for sending a small parcel Sad  I will hopefully get some pics up tomorrow if i get some good lighting.  My stupid favorite photo editing site is no more and i have to have good natural lighting for decent camera phone pics now.  I LOVE it all though Sugarsandwitch!!!!  The girls will too once i get pics and then pass out their goodies.  Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jackie Collins Is Writing A Serial Killer Book Under A Secret Male Pen Name
A Jackie Collins Sex Scene May Have Helped Her Assistant Get Pregnant
How to Connect in a Disconnected World
3 Minute Chair Yoga Sequence
How to Light the Perfect Charcoal Grill
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Quick Summer Dress
Marvelous Matryoshkas
Meatless Monday: Creamy Pasta with Peas

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...